Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139 announced for PC/PS4/XBO

ADL

Prophet
I like the variations posted above but the music in the gameplay footage is disappointing to say the least. It sounds like overproduced Final Fantasy "epic symphonic shit".

versus

I think I'll just some of the old tracks in because even Shadowlord's Castle lost the intense drums.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I don't know what it is about the remastered music, but I feel every track is lacking something or simply inferior to their original version. It's still great, but somehow I can't shake the feeling that this remaster will not be as good as initially anticipated.

Also, Brother Nier sounds shit, and it seems Grimoire Noir has a new Voice Actor. Sad.

ADL

Prophet
I don't know about everyone else but I think even Emil got replaced which is weird because she did ENG for Automata. This is some real monkey's paw shit.
I don't know what it is about the remastered music, but I feel every track is lacking something or simply inferior to their original version. It's still great, but somehow I can't shake the feeling that this remaster will not be as good as initially anticipated.
It's the lack of tribal drums. I'm sure some of the arrangements will be great and it's exciting to hear new stuff after 11 years of listening to the same tracks but the GOAT Gods Bound by Rules, which only plays once in the entire fucking game if I recall correctly, has been downgraded and that's unacceptable.

That being said, I want to be fucked by Kaine's giant futa cock now more than ever.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I don't know about everyone else but I think even Emil got replaced which is weird because she did ENG for Automata. This is some real monkey's paw shit.
To me Emil sounds the same still. The noticeable changes are the lack of grit behind Niers Voice (to be expected) and some weird distortion effect on Grimoire Noir, which DC Douglas didn't need as much.

No Popola or Devola voices either, but as you said, it seems incredibly weird if they managed to get some of the big-name original voice actors back, but not the ones that were already doing the same voices in Automata.

Also, Kaines bulge is much smaller in the remake. Decline.

jv6np3orchj61.jpg

v

gn5083orchj61.jpg

cruel

Cipher
What a special game that was. 3min of watching the opening movie and I'm already thinking about playing this again.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Well, the vocals sound different, as someone else mentioned earlier some of these tracks dont sound like Emi Evans was performing them, and when you're so used to how these tracks sounded, its a bit off-putting at first when things change (for no real reason).

Cool name

Arcane
music has been changed in more ways than drums. worse across the board.
some other stuff looks to have changed in ways I don't like either

So, better graphics on a technical level, but apparently worse when it comes to the things I actually give a shit about in Nier.

fuck the demaster, I'll just play on ps3 or RPCS3

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
this game is ruined by its incessant need to cater to automata secondaries and simps rather than being a faithful remake of the original. also I heard yoko taro has very little to no involvement.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
this game is ruined by its incessant need to cater to automata secondaries and simps rather than being a faithful remake of the original. also I heard yoko taro has very little to no involvement.
Yoko taro is supposedly working on 2(!!) new games.

I'm completely fine with a low tier remaster when the original is easily available on RPCS3 if it means we get two new games.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
While I agree that some of the changes seem worrisome, it'll still remain a better game than most of the AAA trash we have gotten the last 10-15 years. The changes to the OST are sad, and I'm quite sure someone will mod the old music in within a week. Unless we truly do have different VA for Emil and Popola/Devola, I doubt that the remaster will be a bad game at all. Just not as good as the original.

Unless of course they decide to add in another ending, then they can go fuck themselves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom