Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
lol. Market Square is almost as content dense as old sycamore. You’re introduced to the first new demon types like the dickheads that cast inflict wounds, mass and the hunchbacks that sunder armour. Undead from the graveyard with ghouls (stun immune), and shadows (early ghost) and necromancer boss guarded by cultists (human clerics that teach noobs about divine favour buff, with other cultists that teach negative channelling) and zombies (counter summons to gum up pathing). You’ve got three different houses with unique setups/miniboss/good loot with each. Main area quest with big EXP chunk and C&C. Enemy adventure parties with casters who fire off different spells (got hit by Ray of Sickening last time through). Neophyte party of noobs easy. Marauder party can beat face. High skill checks to recruit allies for Chapter-ending dungeon.

Preconceptions r a helluva drug. Just say no Rus.
They throw shadows at you at, what, L3? Oh god, I can't wait for the release. All the complaints about swarms will be nothing compared to the cries about buggy enemies who take no damage from Masterwork weapons and Ember dying at full HP.
Have they fixed the shadows yet? In the previous patch, the shadows in the market square never actually seemed to get any attacks in combat... they just stood there so I never even bothered with spells, and just waited for my one person with a magical weapon to grind them down. Better believe I bug reported that to Owlcat.

I highly doubt that every premise of you not being able to charge (or set camp) is intentional, just like every second doorway or a gate leading to pathfinding clusterfuck or you not being able to shoot through it even if you have straight LOS to the enemy.

Some design seems very much intentional, like Aru quest boss being behind a wing of rubble that is positioned just right not to charge her instantly and allow her to cast spells, but too often you don't even know what blocks your charge.

Agreed. There are LOS/pathfinding issues (which also impact charge) that seem more a result of them putting random shit in the maps that the engine incorrectly interprets as obstructions rather than intentional encounter design. (Although there is definitely some of the latter.)

I think they made a mistake by launching the game this early. Should've taken more time to design the levels properly. This kind of rush seems like an indicator of running out of cash.
It's in closed beta. I think they could've waited another month to start the beta and maybe fixed more known issues, but beta exists to find issues like this (as well as balance/story/whatever, obviously).

Testownia

>"You know, I thought a lot about what you told me. About the fact that you love me and that it is difficult for you to handle me... It was hard. And it hurts. It's like you mocked me, made me understand that I'm not good enough for you". Treacherous tears appear in the corners of her eyes.
>"But I thought..." Her voice cracks and she puts her next words in a whisper. "I realized that I do not want to lose you. Therefore, I will try to change, to become "normal" for you. I can't promise you anything, but I'll try."
>Camellia raises her head and wipes away her tears. "Well? Why are you silent? Say something".

Now, I don't remember whether what I'm about to write was backed up by actual dialogue, but someone posted a few days ago
that her entire "redemption" is a giant red herring, and she's manipulating you this entire time. Apparently, this is one of the points in the story where you can call her out on her bullshit as an Aeon, since you automatically detect when somebody is lying to you in dialogues.

Testownia

Heh...
it turns out that retconning the fall of Dresen wasn't just a show of force. The Aeon will literally turn it into a portal to the Axis, whilst also pulling off "The Dark Knight Rises" and turning every single person within the city into his unknowing sonar.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
>"You know, I thought a lot about what you told me. About the fact that you love me and that it is difficult for you to handle me... It was hard. And it hurts. It's like you mocked me, made me understand that I'm not good enough for you". Treacherous tears appear in the corners of her eyes.
>"But I thought..." Her voice cracks and she puts her next words in a whisper. "I realized that I do not want to lose you. Therefore, I will try to change, to become "normal" for you. I can't promise you anything, but I'll try."
>Camellia raises her head and wipes away her tears. "Well? Why are you silent? Say something".

Now, I don't remember whether what I'm about to write was backed up by actual dialogue, but someone posted a few days ago
that her entire "redemption" is a giant red herring, and she's manipulating you this entire time. Apparently, this is one of the points in the story where you can call her out on her bullshit as an Aeon, since you automatically detect when somebody is lying to you in dialogues.

Sounds like Camellia is being written by special guest star Roissy in DC.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
mental fortitude against redemption than a supernatural being Arueshalae?
If they follow the original AP's arc, Arue is actively seeking redemption but can't surpass her demonic nature on her own. Nothing to do with mental fortitude at this point. And it took a literal act of god(dess) for her to begin on this path.

Desiderius

Patron
Probably has something to do with the Inscriptions Easter Egg.

Shad, have you tried the Whip?

Desiderius

Patron
Arent succubus babes among babes? Like your dick supposed to penetrate your codpiece the moment you see succubus. They are like sirens or something.
So if you're going to see her you're supposed to lose your mind like so much teenager full of hormones. Maybe you wanted incubi?

No, that's the Bloom of Youth. Succubi represent all the wiles women use to cover up the impact of having lost it, especially from themselves, but once the pollen is gone the bees can tell.

Sounds like the writer of the quest might be having trouble coming to terms with that tragic realization herself. It's not the hymen that's redeemed - there are things Mother Nature precludes even from the Almighty Himself.

Percy

Cipher
How do you deal with the insane half-elf in Wintersun?

If you saved the dude in the library in kenabres you need to talk to him and go back.

If he died there will be a replacement from that order, same deal.

Will be near the temple.

There's a fight with an undead druidy thing, you can actually kill via dialogue if your a lich

Shadenuat

Arcane
Eh, here goes my plan to give Daeran mirrors through pranked mythic oracle extra, they don't show up in spellbook. It's like only one of the spells shows up.
Probably good news for people who like Saints and no armor - mythic Arcane Armor does count potions as spell.
Swarms > Drezen doesn't do much, some swarms, 5 or so, spawn in mid and some cultists shoot them and themselves with fireballs I think, I expected more from my biowarfare.
As expected, having magus with Prescient trivializes fastgirl in Drezen keep completely.

Shad, have you tried the Whip?
I wasn't really a dedicated summoner when had it on me, and my summons were so big (like undead mammoths) I ended up just not summoning much to not clutter the space.

Desiderius

Patron
Daeran isn’t implemented yet. Steer well clear. Someday he will be the main character of the whole business and a blast to play, but not this day.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Aivu literally REEEES enemies with sonic breath sr ignoring weapon lmao
They easily pass saves but still suffer ~40 damage and it's infinite.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Ok im actually playing good char so I will listen to your betrayal sob stories.

(listens)

k so u just hate us all.

Aivu dinner is ready.
...fine lock them up.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well it depends, around 2 weeks ago cyclist food deliverer rammed me in the back and my leg got hurt, so I stayed at home most of the time, but it seems working ok now already took a walk few days ago.

Hm seems my AT progression broke due to mythic classes stacking, but whatever, sneak attacks suck anyway I guess?

Desiderius

Patron
Ok, so moving forward will always have a Grace memorized. Thx to Abundant Casting these situational failsafes become much more viable.

Grace.jpg

Makes sense a Dwarf would need a spell for that, not to mention Infinitron. Note Swift Action. Learn it, love it.

Cru7failed Will.jpg

So glad I chose Dwarf so I could get a racial (i.e. stacking) save boost against these sorts of things (and another Feat to up it by another +2)...

Or not. May have to put this one on hold if this isn't an isolated incident. +2 saves all is worth close to a Feat, but only if it works.

Note: if you're bringing Wolj here, put Bookworm Headband on him (if you didn't blow all your cash on the shiny MMO Sword) or he'll be Confused a lot. Which would be bad.

SwarmStats.jpg

Not the worst effect, but pretty bad with Wolj's Will Saves. Tiny Swarms a nice compromise so they can still be hit but feels like fighting ghosts, and they still damage you without having to attack. There's a Cloak you can buy with DR5/- vs this Swarm damage, but I didn't.

SwarmTrip.jpg

Swarms can be tripped somehow. And Marching Terror + Crusader's Edge does serious damage, so bring Sos. Or Bombs/nukes.

VQueenHardStats.jpg

This is Queen on Hard. Toned bown a little since first Alpha I think. Still pretty formidable.

VQueenAlpha.jpg

I have Tripped Her before too, but wouldn't count on it outside of dedicated build. Likewise Intimidation is no walk in the park.

On the other hand, have you met my fren Wolj? That's not a crit.

VQueenHardBite.jpg

Nor is this. Once she gets done messing around with her Gibber and Summons she hits pretty hard. Her Gibber lasts 1d4 Rounds and has a higher Save, so definitely an issue. Sos is stuck in it now so his Channel has been on hold.

MCCru7 Radiance Last Hurrah.jpg

Infinitron getting there to land the killing blow. Will finally upgrade from Radiance temporarily (it's been just Masterwork with Magical Weapon, Greater on it this whole time) since there's a +2 Longsword inside the cave. Will take it back once it gets upgraded in Drezen.

Pretty proud to get to +27 AB with a 3/4 Cleric using a Masterwork Weapon at lvl 7.

+4 DEX belt.jpg

This means we can now pick up Improved Two-Weapon on MC at will (she has 14 base DEX), but will take Shatter first so will be awhile unless I splash a Fighter Level or something stupid. Also mean Wolj/Lann always on for Ambushes instead of relying on Cat's Grace.

Protective Luck.jpg

Protective Luck coming through again. This is boss guarding the Lich Wand. Let's see his stats:

Freebird!.jpg

Freebird!

He didn't have it on in the other pic because I missed the button for the Wand and that was after he (and all the other mobs) rose from the dead.

I'm counting this as the Desiderius insert.

Drained Again.jpg

Infinitron getting her milkshake drunk again. Less tanking more spanking!

HellKings.jpg

King.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I stole one kill from Lann at least

yPV23sd.jpg

50 ac was a bit too high for 10 level party at that point

this one goes to annoying azata girl
cfa.gif

snowballs. eh.

For all the moneyz they ask for Greybor they could have given him Outflank at least.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I’ll kill him in one or two rounds through that AC but he does have a couple glaring weaknesses that make that unnecessary.

Just had a three crit in a row Outflank chain, but it was only a Vrock and no one has Reflexes/Ever Ready yet.

amurath

Educated
So apparently if you're a crossblooded sorcerer, you can take bloodline ascendance twice, and get, for example, immunity to fire, cold, sneak attacks, critical hits, paralysis, sleep and DR 5/- in exchange for two Mythic Abilities/Feats (from Undead and Elemental Bloodlines). Add in Archmage Armor in the second half of the game once your Mythic Rank is high and you'll have a very durable tank. IMO, that's probably worth a 1 sorcerer level dip for most melee builds. I kind of hope Owlcats fix it, otherwise it's pretty broken.

Parabalus

Arcane
The management aspect seems much more brutal than in KM, with more stuff to do and less time. In the battles you can lose like 10k gold worth of units from a single enemy attack.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
So apparently if you're a crossblooded sorcerer, you can take bloodline ascendance twice, and get, for example, immunity to fire, cold, sneak attacks, critical hits, paralysis, sleep and DR 5/- in exchange for two Mythic Abilities/Feats (from Undead and Elemental Bloodlines). Add in Archmage Armor in the second half of the game once your Mythic Rank is high and you'll have a very durable tank. IMO, that's probably worth a 1 sorcerer level dip for most melee builds. I kind of hope Owlcats fix it, otherwise it's pretty broken.
That seems like a hell of an investment for abilities that are either very situational or could be replicated with proper buffing. I think I would only go that route if I planned on making a Sorcerer anyways.

Efe

Erudite
sounds like a good dip for when you are trying to solo the game, or for a ineffect build.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom