Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

This last patch is turning out to be every bit the disappointment that the awkward Panel from Hell 2 seemed to suggest.

Just a very minor tidbit from the official forum, as a highlight of what sucks:

• Wizard can still learn Cleric spells, since this is patch 4, starting to think Larian sees this as a feature and no a bug.
• Food still heals in combat and since there's a video tutorial for it, I expect that is here to stay.
• Moving behind someone still gives advantage and since there's a video tutorial for it, I expect that is here to stay.
• Higher ground still gives avantage for attacker and since there's a video tutorial for it, I expect that is here to stay.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Bg3:"we added verticality" means "birds just hover and are locked onto the ground like everyone else, being higher than someone gives you advantage"
Solasta:"we added verticality" means "fly spells mean you can move your character vertically, you can go out of reach, enemies can go out of reach, enemies descend from walls, etc."

Employee ratio 400:30

Larianshill

Arbiter
• Wizard can still learn Cleric spells, since this is patch 4, starting to think Larian sees this as a feature and no a bug.
If this stays in the game, I personally blame Jeremy Crawford. Under him, in every Arcana wizards have been consistently getting sorcerer features, except better, and cleric features, except better.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Bg3:"we added verticality" means "birds just hover and are locked onto the ground like everyone else, being higher than someone gives you advantage"
Solasta:"we added verticality" means "fly spells mean you can move your character vertically, you can go out of reach, enemies can go out of reach, enemies descend from walls, etc."

Dunbar’s number

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This last patch is turning out to be every bit the disappointment that the awkward Panel from Hell 2 seemed to suggest.

Just a very minor tidbit from the official forum, as a highlight of what sucks:

• Food still heals in combat and since there's a video tutorial for it, I expect that is here to stay.
• Moving behind someone still gives advantage and since there's a video tutorial for it, I expect that is here to stay.
• Higher ground still gives avantage for attacker and since there's a video tutorial for it, I expect that is here to stay.
And also disengage and shove still are fucking bonus actions.

Larianshill

Arbiter
My favourite "feature" of the new patch - because animals can't talk, whenever game forces you into dialogue immediately after the combat ends, and you happen to be in the wildshape, your NPCs talk instead of you.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
My favourite "feature" of the new patch - because animals can't talk, whenever game forces you into dialogue immediately after the combat ends, and you happen to be in the wildshape, your NPCs talk instead of you.

Mitleser2020

Scholar
Finally, I feel like I've been waiting forever. I gave the patch notes a quick glance, and didn't find the fix I've been waiting for the most (silence should stop people from calling for help). But I did find this.

• Updated text of Halsin's Shadowcursed research journal to remove references to killing Isobel.
Who's Isobel?

An undead NPC who will show up later.

Did Larian change this?

Dodo1610

Arcane
changes I noticed
-prettier UI
-better graphics
-animal forms are fun
-fewer bugs

Still disappointing they could have at least given us one extra race, are already in the game files ffs
I still don't get why Larian is holding so much content back, do they really fear that people won't play the finished version if they give us too much EA content. Just look at their sales, people want more BG3 just give it to them fgs.

Also apparently Larian might have made a lot of money with their Stadia "exclusivity"

:shredder:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Is the game sufficiently different from its initial release state to warrant a second playthrough from someone who finished it once already?

Larianshill

Arbiter
Not really, no. You could try whatever route you didn't do in your first playthrough, but honestly I wouldn't.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Is the game sufficiently different from its initial release state to warrant a second playthrough from someone who finished it once already?

I mean it is a lot more polished than at release, almost no new content side from the druid class. So if you just want to play more of BG3 than do it but don't expect a completely different experience.

To be fair flying is a lot easier to implement in Solasta because of its linearity in Bg3 Open world flying would cause a lot more problems for Larian.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I've heard that Raphael never visits your camp, unless you recruited Wyll. Can anyone confirm this?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3030330956947815877

Hotfix #7 Now Live

3f0c4362abb3b79347b80985db87c0d7fd2382cd.png

Hello everyone,

We have just released a hotfix for you!

With this hotfix we’ve addressed a few crashing instances. In particular, a certain overzealous Flaming Sphere should no longer erupt and crash your game, instances of crashing after using the transponder on the ship have been fixed and if a bear eats a fish and then takes the elevator in Druids Grove, this will no longer crash the game.

Thank you for your support tickets, Reddit, Larian Forum, Steam and Discord posts on these issues. We appreciate your support during Early Access!

Changelist:
  • Fixed crash when the Flaming Sphere erupts after player fails the Ornate Mirror riddle.
  • Fixed occasional crash during the cinematic that happens after tutorial / using the transponder.
  • Fixed crash when riding up the elevator in Druid Grove after a bear eats a fish.

Codex Year of the Donut
As head of the Larian Fanclub on the most prestigious cRPG forum on the internet I have sent an email to Larian inquiring about the status of food consumables being used in combat and wizards erroneously being able to scribe certain spells to their spellbook. I eagerly await a prompt reply.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom