Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Modifying a level is still cheaper than writing, recording, and animating new scenes.
Just delete that final attack and slow walk sequences, that ambiguous waking up on collectors ship, and slow walking toward final choices.

ekrolo2

Learned
Modifying a level is still cheaper than writing, recording, and animating new scenes.
Just delete that final attack and slow walk sequences, that ambiguous waking up on collectors ship, and slow walking toward final choices.
A proper level on the Citadel for the end would be good. I always find it weird how the game sets up that just getting inside the thing was half the problem and the other fighting through whatever the hell was waiting inside only to do nothing with it. Harbinger just let's a nearly dead Shepard fly practically next to the console necessary to activate the Catalyst and the only defense there is some huskified asshole. Even with mods that drop the star child entirely, everything from the final rush onward just feels... Off.

Rafidur

Learned
Are you dissing Marauder Shields? I think compared to the final boss of ME2 this guy has way more kills under his belt.

Padzi

Arbiter
Marauder Shields was a fucking hero.
ZzoNSEy6zGf_GYhorOiHv9lcCvRqAuawjCfQYwbV6Nw.jpg

:hero:

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
this wiill be my first time playing this series from beginning to end. i'll be a male vanguard shepard i think so who's the codex approved romance option? should i just go for liara and stay loyal or go for someone else each game? what's the best play here?

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
thanks for the suggestions, i just found something and i think i know what i'm gonna do

Semiurge

Cipher
this wiill be my first time playing this series from beginning to end. i'll be a male vanguard shepard i think so who's the codex approved romance option? should i just go for liara and stay loyal or go for someone else each game? what's the best play here?

Biotic Shepards seem like tacked on classes. It won't change the dialogue with Kaidan that concerns biotic implants and the whole "lifestyle" that goes with it. Very lazy.

As for romance, go for Ashley and always enforce her based, earth-first side. She makes some very good points about interspecies relations herself.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If this were real life and I were Shepard, I'd probably choose Liara, followed by Kaidan. The game heavily pushes you towards Liara, and she has the most extensive plot/character moments. I'm reluctant to say character development, that goes to Jack imo, if we compare only the intensity of the changes in personality/worldview. None of them are super interesting, however, and that's why Liara is the best (scientist + one of the most powerful individuals in the galaxy), while Kaidan is a safe choice that won't surprise you with a race riot one day when you wake up (Ashley). Miranda is going to leave you 100% at one point, whether it's going to be for another man or just boredom.

Codex Year of the Donut
Liara is the worst romance option because her personality shifts so hard from 1 to 2. Shepard's death turns her from innocent blue science waifu to cold bitch.
while Kaidan is a safe choice that won't surprise you with a race riot one day when you wake up (Ashley).
Which is why Ashley is the perfect xenophobic waifu and Kaidan gets blasted everytime.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Extremists don't make good romantic partners, you can trust me on that, outside the possible exception of you being the same kind of extremist. Even then it's questionable. You don't want your partner to be ok with you being a serial killer, you don't know what they are capable of. Unless it's in video game form.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I do not like Liara, in any game she's in, and I don't understand why. Maybe it's because she's so heavily pushed on you, and my inner contrarian resists.

ekrolo2

Learned
I do not like Liara, in any game she's in, and I don't understand why. Maybe it's because she's so heavily pushed on you, and my inner contrarian resists.
I think it's the voice. She always sounds stilted, not bored per say but off. It works in 1 since she's anti social for decades by the time you meet her but it goes on into the sequels too. I can't even say it's like a robot approximating human speech when Legion and EDI sound way more natural, funnily enough.

Codex Year of the Donut
I like Liara's character in 2 & 3 but I don't like her character as Liara. Felt like they just took a character and changed it just because they could.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom