Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Vatnik Wumao
Cyberpunk will probably be a hit the same way Dragon Age Inquisition was. Sold plenty of copies, but permanently soured customers toward the studio. CDPR's next game is very likely to flop like Andromeda.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Cyberpunk will probably be a hit the same way Dragon Age Inquisition was. Sold plenty of copies, but permanently soured customers toward the studio. CDPR's next game is very likely to flop like Andromeda.
That's unlikely. For one, Inquisition was actually liked by most people - Bioware's descent into terrible reputation only started with Andromeda and was fully realized with Anthem. Second, Cyberpunk still has at least a year, probably 18 months, of development ahead of it, with updates and expansions, in which CDP can potentially improve the game and get even the haters back. And lastly, while lastgenconsoleros might be sad, majority of people who bought Cyberpunk rate it positively already even in its launch state.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Second, Cyberpunk still has at least a year, probably 18 months, of development ahead of it, with updates and expansions, in which CDP can potentially improve the game and get even the haters back.

LMFAO are you fucking kidding me? Who's waiting 18 months to see if CDPR fixes their piece of trash game? These fanboys are in serious denial. You've got to be shitting me! Accept the fact that Cyberpunk will never be what was promised and CDPR's "Consumers First" policy was nothing but a pile of bullshit and the fanboys slurped that shit right up, and they still are apparently. Move the fuck on from this trainwreck already and stop being a disgusting fanboy!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
they have a team working on the multiplayer, one or more on paid dlc and a team doing pre production or production on the witcher 4. there can't be that many left improving the base game. we'll get more bug fixes for sure but i really think people are too optimistic expecting things like traffic AI or other cut things to be added back into the game

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
CDPR's "Consumers First" policy was nothing but a pile of bullshit and the fanboys slurped that shit right up,
unknown.png

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected

judy is honestly insufferable if you are playing as a male V. i helped you save your dumbass friend from being raped to death. i helped you with your stupid plan making the clouds independent. i restrained myself from killing your ex even though she was shooting at me so i just punched her in the face and yet you get triggered if i compliment your ass when you put it in a tight wetsuit? what the fuck is wrong with you seriously? is she some kind of heterophobe or something? should have drowned her right then and there.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
i restrained myself from killing your ex even though she was shooting at me so i just punched her in the face
I beat her ex then shot her in the head when she was down Judy got angry at me after that but later she calls me and tells me its ok she checked the footage and I had no other choice but to shoot her ex :lol:

yet you get triggered if i compliment your ass when you put it in a tight wetsuit?
That's why Panam is the best she wont say a thing if you stare at her ass nah she will even bend over for you to get a better look :lol:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Yeah, they arent bankrupt any time soon but you have to see the opportunity cost, 12 million copies for a game that took 8 years to make isnt that hot. The absolutely dreadful launch, especially on consoles costed alot for CDPR, I dunno what Marcin was thinking, Hubris must have corroded his brain. I mean, their stocks were extremely overvalued on the expectation by investors that CDPR would deliver what they were promising on the Marketing campaign, Cyber GTA and that this would sell like Cyber GTA. Now, after this disaster, this kinda killed the hype on CDPR stocks and the extremely high prospects investors had for the company.

Yeah, sure, CDPR wont be bankrupt any time soon but their future doesnt look all that bright as before, especially when they need to get money from investors in the future.

copebot

Learned
The development time would only make sense if it was a GTAV killer. Even Rockstar had trouble following up on the financial success of GTAV online (people don't like the multiplayer component of the cowboy game). C2077 should have been a smaller game -- it was incredibly ambitious, but the execution of the actual game (the part that is interactive, not the part that involves sitting around listening to audio files while animations play) is less impressive than what you see from some solo devs. It just has lots and lots of art assets, animations, and audio jumbled into a simplistic game that is like many Telltale games glued together.

As it is it seems like they kept remaking the game part endlessly while they had people working on creating tons and tons of assets. This helps to explain why there are dozens of vehicles, but only two quest lines that involve any vehicle gameplay (Delamain Crazy Taxi and the Great Tranny Race). Both of those quests, mind you, have worse gameplay than GTA2, and look really pathetic compared to GTA3. There are lots of great assets -- a bangin' soundtrack, zillions of outfits for random NPCs -- but not much of a game to stitch those assets together. It seems like the studio was working like they were furnishing 3D models and textures for an asset market or as a supporting studio for another studio that was in charge of making the actual game part, sort of like how Ubisoft will have a studio in Indonesia making nothing but grass textures and 3D models of garbage cans, ashtrays, and motorcycles. Then they just had those studios making endless assets piling up in the hopper for years until the main studio rushed through slapping together a half-assed game at the home stretch.

typical user

Arbiter
The development time would only make sense if it was a GTAV killer. Even Rockstar had trouble following up on the financial success of GTAV online (people don't like the multiplayer component of the cowboy game). C2077 should have been a smaller game -- it was incredibly ambitious, but the execution of the actual game (the part that is interactive, not the part that involves sitting around listening to audio files while animations play) is less impressive than what you see from some solo devs. It just has lots and lots of art assets, animations, and audio jumbled into a simplistic game that is like many Telltale games glued together.

As it is it seems like they kept remaking the game part endlessly while they had people working on creating tons and tons of assets. This helps to explain why there are dozens of vehicles, but only two quest lines that involve any vehicle gameplay (Delamain Crazy Taxi and the Great Tranny Race). Both of those quests, mind you, have worse gameplay than GTA2, and look really pathetic compared to GTA3. There are lots of great assets -- a bangin' soundtrack, zillions of outfits for random NPCs -- but not much of a game to stitch those assets together. It seems like the studio was working like they were furnishing 3D models and textures for an asset market or as a supporting studio for another studio that was in charge of making the actual game part, sort of like how Ubisoft will have a studio in Indonesia making nothing but grass textures and 3D models of garbage cans, ashtrays, and motorcycles. Then they just had those studios making endless assets piling up in the hopper for years until the main studio rushed through slapping together a half-assed game at the home stretch.

And that's exactly why I criticize the game. I hopped on the hype in 2018 when they've sold me the game on RPG mechanics. I didn't care about graphics, the clothes, architecture or the genre itself. I mean the concept artists did excellent work but I was hyped for the game not the assets. If CDPR would go for movie industry they would make milions of dollars and Cyberpunk movie would sell like hot-cakes but since they are gamedev studio and released a game I have one thing to say (or repeat):

The game is shit.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

In the appendix he links to posts explaining damage reduction/threat level/armor.
It is exactly as fucked up as witcher 3 was.

Level difference imposes a multiplier on your and the enemies' damage output and reception. On top of stats which already increase per level/use/item level. Totally pointless and not communicated to you ingame at all.
Bunch of perks/stats/modifiers also just plain don't work.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

I remember some poster (I believe it was here, don't remember) that he preferred games to be overly ambitious even if that would lead to bugginess vs very polished but less ambitious and more safe games. I think it might have been in the Outer Worlds thread but would have to search.

Maybe a case of being careful of what you wish for...

Latelistener

Arcane

I remember some poster (I believe it was here, don't remember) that he preferred games to be overly ambitious even if that would lead to bugginess vs very polished but less ambitious and more safe games. I think it might have been in the Outer Worlds thread but would have to search.

Maybe a case of being careful of what you wish for...
If there was some truly unique stuff in this that was just buggy and needed time to polish that's one thing, but this struggles with even being a GTA clone it's so desperately wanted to be because of terrible open world and non-existent AI simulation.

"Overly ambitious" games usually have a team that's just out of proportions compared to their dreams and sometimes they don't have enough time or money to finish it properly.

And CDP had everything: money, time, hundreds of developers and a huge support from the gamers crowd. They just didn't know how to make it.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Second, Cyberpunk still has at least a year, probably 18 months, of development ahead of it, with updates and expansions, in which CDP can potentially improve the game and get even the haters back.

LMFAO are you fucking kidding me? Who's waiting 18 months to see if CDPR fixes their piece of trash game? These fanboys are in serious denial. You've got to be shitting me! Accept the fact that Cyberpunk will never be what was promised and CDPR's "Consumers First" policy was nothing but a pile of bullshit and the fanboys slurped that shit right up, and they still are apparently. Move the fuck on from this trainwreck already and stop being a disgusting fanboy!

No one is saying Cyberpunk is what it was promised. Or anyone here is sucking Corpo dick. Dunno where you got your eyes checked but get a second opine.

What we are gleaning from this trainwreck is some pleasure.

Got to 70% achievements, 170 hours, the Afterlife ending, but where Johnny runs to join Alt, as I think he would after losing Rogue, killing Smasher, and tearing Arasaka a new one. Johnny's done.

Sure V is at the mercy? employ? of some fixer but it's not terribad. I still wanna bitch that it's a bit too arcadey and a bit too barren. Maybe some more souls in Mikoshi, or a few more levels of dungeon crawling. I've had harder fights with 6th street or with the Valentinos.

Iuk6tIm.png

Oh so Rogue died? Doing what she basically loved, got some flame back in her boring life? Am I supposed to feel bad about that? Shit I hope I have a death a fraction as cool, but I won't. Anyway. V is still living. Bit of a dick to his friends as he doesn't visit for some reason (not even Mama Welles), odd. But hey.

Space Assets exist in this game, Space DLC all but confirmed guyzzzz!

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
You sound like one of those drooling morons on twitter. Grow up or seek professional help.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
You sound like one of those drooling morons on twitter. Grow up or seek professional help.

People whining about bugs are what is wrong with this industry. Arcanum was full of bugs at release. If the time was spent on fixing them, the game would be worse off.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Even if the game had no bugs the game is still a piece of shit! Stop fanboying for this TRASH GAME!!!!

SHIT AI, Shit Story, SHIT Rpg Mechanics, Butt Ugly fucking graphics, needs a $1000 graphics card 3080 TI to even play at Max graphics with reasonable performance, you've got to be shitting me! There's so much more wrong with this piece of shit than just the bugs. The whole thing belongs in the trash bin along with the disgusting fanboys who keep shilling. They love being bent over and fucked up the ass by CDPR on a daily basis!

Oh fuck off, I don't even have a twitter account but I bet you do. Go back to twitter you faggot, this isn't your safe space.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom