Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Imperator: Rome - the new grand strategy from Paradox

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Damn i bought it last summer on a sale but i bothered to play it just now, i don't understand a shit.
I thought it was a sort of CK2 but instead it seems like an excel simulation decorated with roman eagles.
Excel simulation would be awesome, because it would simulate stuff. This is just a random clicking on the map.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I will play devil's advocate and say that not every thing is bad about Imperator with 2.0 - The Greeks and Romans are well defined (unlike literally the rest of the map) and the culture/religion mechanics work nicely. It's a bit more syncretic overall which makes sense for the time period.

zapotec

Liturgist
Maybe i can't find them but:
  • There is no way, when assigning a job, to order characters by stat/loyalty?
  • A roman family is scorned because they don't have enough jobs, but for assigning them a job i need to open the characters panel then remembers the name of one of the family members then go to province/army/research and assign the job there by browsing through a character list hoping i can remember the name. That's crazy, there is no Assign job option?
    Ok, found this one

Last edited:

zapotec

Liturgist
I uninstalled it after sacrifing to Mars and gaining +2.3 something %.
Are the other paradox games, a part from CK2, like that? I own EU4 with all DLCS (never played), Hearts of Iron IV (all dlc, never played), Stellaris (all dlcs, played for 2 hours but i don't remember) :oops:

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Are the other paradox games, a part from CK2, like that? I own EU4 with all DLCS (never played), Hearts of Iron IV (all dlc, never played), Stellaris (all dlcs, played for 2 hours but i don't remember) :oops:
Did you actually buy all that shit or did you find it floating on the high seas?

zapotec

Liturgist
I bought it, after quitting smoking and being lockdown since last year i pratically swim in money

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
:hmmm:
It's your money, but there are better ways to spend it than dropping hundreds on games you probably wouldn't like and all their shitty DLCs.

Mortmal

Arcane
There's stuff you are mising about deities, first you need to upgrade the temple, only possible in a metropolis, then you add and swap relics to them , giving much more significant bonuses. Then the best option is to grant divinity to one of your rulers, he needs very high prestige, and the best stats he has the best bonus it grant . Every paradox game is different, you should probably play something easier like stellaris.

zapotec

Liturgist
You are mostly right, i am just used to play CK2 and this is super bland in comparison.

thesecret1

Arcane
I gave this game a spin after all the shilling about 2.0 and holy shit, it's so bad. There's nothing to do except pain the map, there's little in the way of flavour, and it's so damn boring! The AI is the dumbest one yet, and internal politics are a joke

Mortmal

Arcane
You are mostly right, i am just used to play CK2 and this is super bland in comparison.
CK2 is lot more focused on characters interaction and its a rpg grafted on a strategy game, it has years of DLCS and content, but imperator is getting better, the best part being the roman and greek empires.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
WOMYN.png

WHY ARE THERE WOMEN IN MY SENATE PARADOX

Icanneverstopscreaming.gif

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I gave this game a spin after all the shilling about 2.0 and holy shit, it's so bad. There's nothing to do except pain the map, there's little in the way of flavour, and it's so damn boring! The AI is the dumbest one yet, and internal politics are a joke
Have you pirated it?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Have you pirated it?
What's it to you?
I was just curious if you were conned to pay money for it, or borrowed it/watched for free/pirated it. (Most shops allows return when you played less than 2 hours.)
LoL imagine if majority of codexers were dumb enough to get scammed in to buying that garbage. On release i sailed this shit for about 30 minutes and already regretted the waste of bandwidth. Tho we do have a few special sparkles that are dumb enough,but they mainly talk about how great star citizen is. I doubt secret chan is one of them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom