Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bulletstorm

Baron Dupek

Arcane
source? no new GfWL since...long way back

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
I actually played through Bullststorm fairly recently, and at no point did I ever think, "Gosh, I'd like this a lot more of I was actually Duke Nukem", or whatever other bullshit they added. The graphics don't really need updating either, since you're usually too busy seeing how many ways various enemies can be made to burst into neon numbers to notice. It's not like it's even a cult classic or whatever. If it's made by People Can Fly then give us a Painkiller remaster or something. This shit is pointless to begin with, and giving it that price tag - with no possible discount - is just absurd.

...I was just about to click "Post Reply" and thought to check something. Apparently the Duke Nukem part is a pre-order bonus.

Full Clip also comes with all of the previously-released add-ons along and a bit of new content, like Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour. The tour lets players enjoy Bulletstorm as Duke Nukem, and comes free when you pre-order the game.

Get super mega double-fucked, Gearbox.

Ash

Arcane
Mediocre at best. Playable, certainly, but I would not recommend. The only entertainment comes from creative killin' and the occasional joke that's not utterly dumb.

Falksi

Arcane
If you like gimmicks you might like it, but the game itself is pretty poor IMO. The type of game for folk who replay the nunchuck scenes over & over when watching films in awe.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Gearbox partners with controversial game key reseller G2A for Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition bundle

149145147749.jpg

Gearbox has teamed up with controversial game key auction site G2A to sell special editions of Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition.

This seems like a very odd move given G2A's shady reputation, as it's been under fire for allegedly selling game keys acquired with stolen credit cards. SpeedRunners publisher tinyBuild, accused G2A of selling $450k worth of its game keys obtained through fraudulent means, while a recent Reddit AMA curried little favour for the reseller market.

We've requested comment from Gearbox as to why it's partnered with G2A and will update should we hear back. G2A did recently announced plans to legitimise the key-reselling business, and it seems to have convinced Gearbox that it's all on the level.

As for what it's actually selling, there's going to be three different standard Collector's Editions of Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition for €99.99. Each includes a Steam key, dog tag, a hand-signed certificate by People Can Fly head of studio Sebastian Wojciechowksi, and a 3D-printed and airbrushed figurine of one of the game's three leads: Grayson Hunt, Trishka Novak, or Ishi Sato.

There will be 48 of these total. 16 with Grayson, 16 with Trishka, and 16 with Ishi.

Big spenders can splurge €249.99 for the Premium Collector's Editions, which comes with all the same goodies along with a uniquely patterned bullet-ridden steel box (shot by real 9mm bullets!), a Bulletstorm T-shirt, and a decorative mousepad. There will only be six of these spendier editions available in total: two with Grayson, two with Trishka, and two with Ishi.

"The figurines included in the collector's editions have never been available anywhere else, and will not be available again," G2A noted. "They have been specifically designed and carefully crafted by G2A's 3D-printing platform, G2A 3D, exclusively for Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition."

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is due on 7th April and it includes a playable Duke Nukem. Come git some!

Astral Rag

Arcane
-Full priced.
-Not free or discounted for owners of the original game.
-Nothing new except higher definition graphix and the Duke character (pre-order DLC :lol:) which is just an out of place, lazy reskin of the game's main character with nonexistent lip sync.
-Denuvo.

:lol:

Last edited:

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
They're trying to lure everyone in with a 'if enough people buy this overpriced lazy hackneyed rerelease you might see a sequel' carrot on a stick as well.
Just go fuck yourself, man.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Gearbox demand G2A makes changes, after launching promotion with G2A

Days after launching an exclusive physical ‘Collector’s Edition’ of Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition [official site] on key reseller marketplace G2A, Gearbox Software have reeled and demanded that the controversial store change its practises. Gearbox’s list of demands for G2A includes stopping selling fraud protection as an extra, and letting developers find and remove fraudulently-bought keys on G2A. If not, Gearbox will… do something. The demands sound sensible, given that G2A have long been accused of enabling shady shenanigans. However, even the briefest of Googlings before launching a high-price exclusive edition — costing around £226 — with G2A would have uncovered all of those complaints. None of these problems are secrets.

G2A and Gearbox launched their Bulletstorm promotion on April 4th. It offers the opportunity to pre-order Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition for £7.92 more than the Steam price, a Collector’s Edition with an unpainted statue and other cruft for £99 (including shipping), the statue alone for £29, and an edition with a painted statue for £226. Given the criticisms levelled at G2A over the years — such as G2A profiting off people using their marketplace to sell keys bought with stolen credit card details, which leaves developers out of pocket, and not doing enough to fight this — I found Gearbox buddying up with them surprising and unpleasant.

Gearbox seem somehow to not have anticipated this, acting as if they’ve only just discovered anyone has any issues with G2A. Last night, Gearbox issued a list of four demands for changes in G2A. They address problems many developers and publishers have raised and criticised for years.

“Gearbox Publishing won’t support a marketplace that is unwilling to make these commitments and execute on them,” Gearbox said yesterday, having previously willingly signed up with a marketplace which hadn’t made those commitments.

In their statement, as provided to Eurogamer, Gearbox explain that they spent two days going over the problems with wavy ‘Tube man John ‘TotalBiscuit’ Bain, one of the many people who pointed out not-remotely-secret problems with G2A. Gearbox demand G2A address these before Bulletstorm launches on Steam – which is in six hours.

*Before Bulletstorm Steam launch, G2A makes a public commitment to this: Within 30 days, G2A Shield (aka, customer fraud protection) is made free instead of a separate paid subscription service within terms offered by other major marketplaces. All customers who spend money deserve fraud protection from a storefront. To that end, all existing G2A Shield customers are notified by April 14th that fraud protection services are now free and they will no longer be charged for this.

*Before Bulletstorm Steam launch, G2A makes a public commitment to this: Within 90 days, G2A will open up a web service or API to certified developers and publishers to search for and flag for immediate removal, keys that are fraudulent. This access will be free of charge and will not require payment by the content holders.

*Before Bulletstorm Steam launch, G2A makes a public commitment to this: Within 60 days implement throttling for non-certified developers and publishers at the title, userid, and account payable levels for a fraud flagging process. This is to protect content providers from having large quantities of stolen goods flipped on G2A before they can be flagged.

*Before Bulletstorm Steam launch, G2A makes a public commitment to this: Within 30 days, G2A restructures its payment system so that customers who wish to buy and sell legitimate keys are given a clear, simple fee-structure that is easy to understand and contains no hidden or obfuscated charges. Join the ranks of other major marketplaces.

What Gearbox don’t say is what they’ll do if G2A don’t meet their demands.

We’ve asked both Gearbox and G2A for comment and will let you know what we hear.

As for Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition itself, check out Wot John Thought. Basically, it’s Bulletstorm and Bulletstorm is great, but Full Clip Edition is an expensive re-release of a marginally-improved game. And the DLC adding Duke Nukem is awful, of course.

Another derpbox clusterfuck.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Randy Pitchford keeps pulling off shit like this and wonders why he has a bad reputation. Just stick to Borderlands, bro.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Apparently they thought TotalBiscuit's coverage is more important than their G2A partnership.

There is no way they believed that giving an ultimatum to G2A and asking them to change their entire business model and functionality within 1-2 months was gonna work. They probably just did it as damage control to pretend they care about devs and to have an excuse to drop the LE.

As for the game ... yeah, I think the original version works just fine.

DramaticPopcorn

why should literally anyone care, again? I pirated Bulletstorm semi-recently because I kinda like to play through shitty corridor shooters in 5-6 hrs on a weekend. What's the point of this remaster? How is this a valuable property? Ehhhhhhhhhh

sullynathan

Arcane
why should literally anyone care, again? I pirated Bulletstorm semi-recently because I kinda like to play through shitty corridor shooters in 5-6 hrs on a weekend. What's the point of this remaster? How is this a valuable property? Ehhhhhhhhhh
Something something about gauging interest for a sequel

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They made lazy remaster, threatening people to fund sequel (muh cliffhangers)
Joke on them, all that cash will go to fund another Borderlands, just like it happen with developement of Alien CM and DNF and other projects...

DemonKing

Arcane
Mediocre at best. Playable, certainly, but I would not recommend. The only entertainment comes from creative killin' and the occasional joke that's not utterly dumb.

I'd say it's a bit better than mediocre, particularly if you got it for free like I did as a PS Network game of the month. It's gleefully OTT and doesn't outstay it's welcome. As a full-priced title it would feel pretty mediocre but as a fun & free balls to the wall action fest it's good value.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i played it before the remaster, it's fine tbh. the creative kills are fun and it's the right over the top without the mechanis being too popamolish. it's not serious sam, but i still enjoy it

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Installed on my shitty "new" laptop to test how the lowly 5500 intel integrated graphics deals with it. Surprisingly it's playable with obviously low frame rates (just like Risen 2 that i started recently). Seems like very enjoyable romp with lots of over the top violence, snarky talk and some pretty neat combat mechanics. A bit too much cut-sceny and quick-timey at times, but the actual action is fun. Mack and ggmwhatever were right. Seems like underrated gem.
One thing i'm curious is why the main protagonists view point seems like he is either very short or constantly crouched. When i get the view of npcs i need to rise my W to see their faces. It's like they intentionally made the camera point lower for some reason. In the cut scenes he doesn't seem shorter than anyone else.

Starwars

Arcane
It's a fun game but, as enjoyably silly as the story/campaign is, I really feel like there was a lot of wasted potential in this game. With how fun the guns are to use, and the skillshot system, it should've just been way more gameplay heavy than it is.

Perkel

Arcane
I loved bulletstorm. Context of its release is important. At the time everything was being made into gear of war, everyone and their mother tried to get into cover shooters. Then comes Bulletstorm and it is totaly different. Yes you still have gears of war models just with different skin but how you play game was entirely different.

The thing about Bulletstorm is that it looks like Gears of War clone but plays like 90s shooters + a lot of movement.
Writting wise i also loved it. It is one of the last actually good 90s type action scripts, it starts pretty meh but characters and interaction grow on you.

That being said, oof at that demake, that city skape shot was actually one of the best looking views in gaming at the time. Now it looks like ps2 game lol.

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
It doesn't play like 90's shooters at all, but it still is pretty good. Bulletstorm is what Doom 2016 wished to be.

ColCol

Arcane
Played the game recently and was disappointed, alll the enemies are too chunky health wise, weapons don't feel satisfying, and the visceral creative kills often seem to be a bit to slow to implement them. Game needs more speed at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom