Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Citizen

Clash II, a sequel to obscure 1998 Polish turn-based strategy game:

Whoa I didn't see that coming. This game is surprisingly obscure in eastern europe despite being a collab between a polish dev and a russian publisher (and being pretty good)

Latelistener

Arcane
Does anybody else hate that they put up demos for new games for 12 hours and then take them down again? By the time I hear about it, get it together to download a few things I'd like to try, and make time to actually try them, they're gone.
I just downloaded a bunch of demos beforehand and played them in the offline mode.

There was only one game I couldn't launch. My guess is that the devs integrated a time bomb, which is a dick move but I understand.

What lukaszek said. Some of these festival demos stay up afterwards, so the logical conclusion is that the ones that don't get taken down by the devs.
That's because the use of DRM was always up to developers. There is a huge amount of games that can be played without Steam once downloaded.

Some of the devs are less retarted than others though and convert their demos into "prologues" and put them on Steam for free as a separate app.

Like this for example: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1478070/Fights_in_Tight_Spaces_Prologue/

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
I'd wait until this whole thing settles down. There are some doubts about who's selling this. Most likely Nacon.

It's not like this game is some kind of hot shit or something.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I believe the first court ruling was in favor of Nacon so yes, they are the ones selling it, at least until the final court ruling is made that is

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I believe the first court ruling was in favor of Nacon so yes, they are the ones selling it, at least until the final court ruling is made that is
The devs are selling the console versions. This mess is far from over.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_0096d8c13dc6ac64d2ac7b33a2cf707849a55b5c.600x338.jpg
ss_5f6f518ba77797ea85563114615ae8b11e804f8b.600x338.jpg

The Lunar Effect is a psychological horror puzzle game where every action is questioned, every clue is vital, and every second is precious. Inspired by the art styles of Resident Evil and Silent Hill, The Lunar Effect takes its protagonist on a dark and unfamiliar path. Awakening in a strange mansion, he must discover the fate of its inhabitants and find a way out. But be warned- all is not as it seems.

ExplorationGIF_Optimized.gif

Explore and interact with the environment to discover your path to freedom. Find your salvation by scouring every inch of the mysterious mansion. With each clue unearthed, the hour of your escape- or demise- draws nearer.

PuzzleGIF_Optimized.gif

Think outside the box with a host of puzzles and challenges, both within the game and beyond. It will take every ounce of your creative thinking and urgency to make it out with your life.

ClockGIF.gif

Be wary; time is fleeting, and to drag one’s feet is to anger the gods. You must make haste to escape an unknown fate and survive your trials. You must escape the Lunar Effect.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
to what extent? i would hardly touch pvp anyway.

Its not really pay to win but pay to not be miserable. You cant buy great gear of buffs to give you edge in combat but pets that collect loot for you, costumes that give bonuses to lifeskills like trading/crafting, and buffs for your carry weight and inventory space (all that are really small from the start to encourage purchases).

Main issues with the game are massive grind after some lvl 56, gear upgrading thats designed around massive grinding, lifeskills like fishing and trading being design for AFKing, being miserable if you dont buy store items like pets and inventory space expansion and at this point no chance of being competitive in pvp vs veteran players.

If you are playing only PvE and treat the game as a beautiful 3rd person action rpg with decent combat with open world to explore, then you can get atleast dozen hours of fun gameplay until you reach that grind breaking point.

Latelistener

Arcane
Some of you are probably aware that you can get Control from this month's Humble Choice. Originally it was considered that this will be Control Ultimate Edition.

So today 505 Games created another package with the base game and cut two DLCs out of Ultimate Edition so that people from Humble will only be getting the base game and will require to purchase the DLC separately ($14.99 for both as a "Season Pass"). Some actually bought the Ultimate Edition for $14.99.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
That's fake, the game implies cats can work instead of being lazy asses that have others work for them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom