Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Perkel

Arcane
I sure as hell hope you only accidentally put the two parts of your post together. Because if "NPC ambush" is supposed to demonstrate "aiming high"...

It was not about this particular scene.

Norfleet

- Game requires at minimum 16GB of ram and SSD. If you don't have that you will have miserable experience. Frankly to remove most of stutters you have to have 32GB as game actually uses around 22GB at the moment.
Geez, and how many people have this much computar? This game isn't a full game yet and it already eats this many RAMs. Imagine how many more it will eat when there's actual content and stuff happening.

Who exactly is going to be able to play this? MMOs typically aim to keep system requirements low specifically so it will run on someone's shitty office machine. There will be very few people who can meet these kinds of requirements.

Then again, maybe those will be low-end by the time they actually make it a game in about 30 years.

ADL

Prophet
If PCucks can't run it, the current gen consoles will manage just fine with a little optimization given that they're significantly higher spec than the overwhelming majority of "gaming PCs".

Calling it now, Chris Roberts will announce Star Citizen for consoles on the stage at some trade show presser.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Geez, and how many people have this much computar? This game isn't a full game yet and it already eats this many RAMs. Imagine how many more it will eat when there's actual content and stuff happening.

Who exactly is going to be able to play this? MMOs typically aim to keep system requirements low specifically so it will run on someone's shitty office machine. There will be very few people who can meet these kinds of requirements.

Then again, maybe those will be low-end by the time they actually make it a game in about 30 years.

They can make up whatever numbers they want as it's never coming out.

Oh you need 17 quintillion Exabytes of RAM and a quantum 376 core CPU minimum but for best performance we recommend a warp drive and mind-machine interface so we couldn't possibly give you a release decade until those are invented.

By the way we are putting some heavy work into the way the weapon vendor on Suckar-2's shoes glint in the sun and other exciting developments, we need more money.

Codex Year of the Donut
There's no actual game here. I can't believe he's raised like half a billion dollars for this.
It feels like someone was just making a tech demo then after about 8 years of development someone politely explained it should also have basic interactions for players.

I went into this with absolutely no expectations, I knew almost nothing about star citizen. I wasn't one of the regulars in this thread that shit on it.

I guess I'll balance it out by saying I'm probably not the target audience.

Perkel

Arcane

That is actually normal for development of game. Usually games in development are not optimized up until beta especially ram usage. It is when games is ending developement where you run optimization passes improving performance as you look what eats the most performance or causes memory to swell.

That being said. SC graphics are clearly next gen level i doubt requirements will go down. In fact it will keep going up instead. I wouldn't be shocked if they would recommend minimum 32GB of ram down the line insteaad of 16.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
When SC works without issues like low population server you get pretty nice gameplay out of it now. It is just those moments are rare but you can see under that crap that there is something cool there. Whenever it will be finished or project will get abandoned we don't know but sure as hell they aim high.

Dude gets pulled out of quantum by npcs which ambused him.

:hmmm:

Yeah... I mean pirates in Freelancer were doing exaclty this ages ago and random ambushes were already in Privateer. Its obviously a good feature to have in a space game, but if this is supposed to be "something cool" that happens in "rare moments" - well, it doesnt exactly paint a great picture about the game.

Myobi

Liturgist
Ahh freelancer, great fucking game, loved it, also an amazing example of Chris project management skills.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah... I mean pirates in Freelancer were doing exaclty this ages ago and random ambushes were already in Privateer. Its obviously a good feature to have in a space game, but if this is supposed to be "something cool" that happens in "rare moments" - well, it doesnt exactly paint a great picture about the game.

You read it wrong. This clip point was to show that game plays great when everything works not that this particular features is somehow exclusive better than most etc.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Careful rusty, perkel also tried the game because it is free and he is now a believer who post news every other days like he is infinitron

before you know it you will be buying 30k USD virtual spaceship

Myobi

Liturgist
Careful rusty, perkel also tried the game because it is free and he is now a believer who post news every other days like he is infinitron

before you know it you will be buying 30k USD virtual spaceship

Tbh I wish every backer was like Perkel. I like Perkel. Positive. Hopeful. Kind of crazy with his wallet, sure... But at least mofo can see a joke about this shitshow without starting a fucking crusade against dem infidels.

Perkel

Arcane
unknown.png

Myobi

Liturgist
... its amazing how many SC fans defend this sort of shit, but don't hesitate on shitting on top of triple A companies such as EA for being greedy cunts.

Myobi

Liturgist
https://www.mmo-champion.com/search.php?searchid=66794390&pp=&page=30

Edited: Ah! I'm sorry, I didn't knew the search links in that fucking forum had an expiration date... I'll just post the dude profile then:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/members/1213439-MrAnderson

https://www.mmo-champion.com/members/586620-kenn9530

They made those accounts just for the SC thread alone and have been shilling n dabbin on dem haters since 2015, if you are into fanatic ass bullshit just for the giggles, their post history should provide you with a great toilet reading material, some of that shit is just fucking unbelievable, especially when you realize that they just ain’t even getting paid for this kind of shit, but are in fact, actually paying for it… if I ain’t mistaken that Kenn dude already threw them around 10,000$.

1.jpg

...IT'LL BE FANTASTIC!

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Reading that shit just shows you that it is not a game,but a cult. Interpol should investigate this sect. Can't wait for "release" and realisation of those retards that the fat fuck blew 300millions on a star system and half,and some unfinished mechanics . There will be a lot of people doing the nail from high places,tho looking at how stupid they are,i doubt that they will manage to kill themself successfully.

Fishy

Savant
Reading that shit just shows you that it is not a game,but a cult. Interpol should investigate this sect. Can't wait for "release" and realisation of those retards that the fat fuck blew 300millions on a star system and half,and some unfinished mechanics . There will be a lot of people doing the nail from high places,tho looking at how stupid they are,i doubt that they will manage to kill themself successfully.

They'd likely jump out from the ground floor window and call it a Tier 0 implementation.

Myobi

Liturgist

They'd likely jump out from the ground floor window and call it a Tier 0 implementation.

They die of old age, waiting for CIG to dev. the rope tech.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom