Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Tygrende

Arbiter
Have you ever wondered how many shots could you possibly take in one turn? Now you don't have to. It's 211.
Have you ever wondered if you can take Hercules and survive? Yes, you can.

Or rather, it used to be 211 in the previous version. 1.1.3.0 fixed a bug that reduces this to 191.

Last edited:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Anything dug up on the new Mutie questline? Looks like there’s some new Mutie specific feats and some indication that it’s supposed to begin in the Core City Sewers.

Ent

Savant
I'm playing around with the underrail character builder and I am finally realizing how much value versatility gives you.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Retards, retards never change.
Full disclosure? I'm the retard.
9c319aadfb04c8eacbcfb2b41d364cb8

Anything dug up on the new Mutie questline? Looks like there’s some new Mutie specific feats and some indication that it’s supposed to begin in the Core City Sewers.
Get mutated and then go to the sewers, and there's a new exit in the northeast corner of the first zone. It's simple from there on. It's pretty short though. Just a way to actually get an ending when playing a mutant I guess.

CHEMS

Scholar
So i spend some time away from Underrail and i see an update. Oh boy a update! THEY NERFED MY FUCKING THROWING KNIVES I CAN BELIEVE THIS SHIT! LEAVE MY KNIFE BUILD ALONE

Black Angel

Arcane
Roland of Gilead is about to make South Underrail his bitch. Also, +1 to that Throwing Knives rework. 20% damage nerf seems kinda overdone, but at least it doesn't affect poisons which as demonstrated by sheepherder, the MVP of Throwing Knives build.

Anyway
I didn't see anybody telling you about this, but disable Auto Saves on Transitions or whatever it's called on the Settings. Really helped a lot with the downtime.

Also, re: Cooldowns

I think cooldowns on special abilities from feats and the more advanced psi abilities are justified. But cooldowns on items and consumables such as grenades definitely felt off. I'd propose replacing cooldowns on grenades with much, much higher AP cost instead, to simulate the player character taking 'nades out of pockets/belts, pulling the pin, counting to 3 or whatever, then throwing it. Following that, with feats like Grenadier and Spec Ops, replace the CDR bonus with AP reduction instead.
For consumables like meds and drugs, maybe apply a semi-debuffs that decrease their effectivity while on-duration? Or hell, maybe even apply a debuff or hell, even some form of addiction and withdrawal on overdose. And then you can remake the Fast Metabolism feat and make it so the debuff last shorter and/or less severe, you're also immune to addiction/takes longer to get there, but in return drugs buffs last shorter as well. Doing it this way you can even expand the usage of Psi-booster where overdose/overusage results in that thing about.... brain-exploding? I forgot. They talked about it in-game. And what a shame it's not a real thing/mechanic, which leads to psi being OP in the first place.

Last, but not least, I'd say the whole cooldown mechanics could be avoided entirely with clever assigning of AP costs-availability, some form of saturation debuff/addiction+withdrawal when using meds and drugs consecutively withing shorter period of time, etc etc. But this, obviously requires reworking of the whole game from the ground up. I hope Styg and co would reconsider cooldown mechanics when they finally move on from Underrail.

ciox

Liturgist
Throwing acid vials is pretty fun. No cooldown, 30-60 damage and ignores shield, range 7-8 hexes. Can crit.
However there are some Fun Police elements. They cost 30 AP to throw, and crits might be locked to 5% crit chance and 100% crit bonus instead of using player's stats.

Looking forward to the official acid vials only build.

Gujst9R.gif

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
For consumables like meds and drugs, maybe apply a semi-debuffs that decrease their effectivity while on-duration? Or hell, maybe even apply a debuff or hell, even some form of addiction and withdrawal on overdose.
Removing cooldowns from stimpaks is easy and it's exactly what you've just said. As your char pops up a stimpak, he gets "healing tolerance" or somesuch debuff. This debuff lowers the healing effectiveness by percentage according to the difficulty and stacks similarly. Each turn one stack disappears and effectiveness is X% higher, but if you pop up new stimpak the stacks are refreshed.

For example, on Normal each stack reduces effectiveness by 16% and you get 6 stacks. Each turn one of stacks fades off, you can use another stimpak with minimal effect and refresh the stacks or wait for more stacks to fade off.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
base dmg 20% lower means overall dmg lower right?

Right, but 70% increase fro damage that got through armor mean damage increase, rigth? Plus there is feat for increasing that damage.

but again issue will be dealing any dmg at all(against armored targets). Even more so.
But it was already the case before? so we finished with actual damage increase.
Also, I think being able to throw acid vials is the answer to armored targets.

I didn't have Execute on Versatility char, but with the lazor one it oneshotted bosses like no tomorrow.

Did that with Rathound with fire pistol.

Have you ever wondered if you can take Hercules and survive? Yes, you can.

Wait, what?

Last edited:

Tygrende

Arbiter
Take the Hercules 5 seconds before game ends, win.
That's not fair. It was about 10 minutes. And really I could keep going indefinitely as long as I got shrooms, irongut and batteries. Even irongut is optional, it just's so I don't have to recharge the vest as often.

grumf

Novice
Nice addition of a death stalker in a certain vent in Depot A to spice up a new dominating play through.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Soo, Carnifex vs Gas nades

khsypEW.jpg

Double low Amplified shield since he's gonna win Initiative then Stasis and gas nade on him. Then I used Flashbang, Time Dilatation and EK Imprint to kite him around until enough stacks. He eventually got to me so a taser could have been the cherry on top but it wasn't needed, he fell down at my feet well dead. :salute: :incline:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
btw after past few months of people doing various versatile builds I expected nerf, not boosting(ballistic one).

I guess styg watched some equilibrium recently

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom