Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

No response yet, I'll let you know when!
Seeing as your swens biggest fan, I'm sure he will respond soon
Swen can respond very quickly, but I believe only if the subject at hand is about neon green pubes or monster holes for your adventurer's penis.

kreight

I believe this game doesn't have latino and asian characters. Why? Not enough diversity if you ask me.

Larianshill

Arbiter
It has a black man, a black woman and the gayest man I've seen since Dorian. Nobody actually cares about asian representation.

Thonius

Arcane
changes I noticed
-prettier UI
-better graphics
-animal forms are fun
-fewer bugs

Still disappointing they could have at least given us one extra race, are already in the game files ffs
I still don't get why Larian is holding so much content back, do they really fear that people won't play the finished version if they give us too much EA content. Just look at their sales, people want more BG3 just give it to them fgs.

Also apparently Larian might have made a lot of money with their Stadia "exclusivity"

:shredder:

Stadia is already fucking dead. No refunds tho

Jesus Fucking Christ.
I wish I could slap through TCP/IP every minus habens that when put in front of some criticism for the game comes off with the idiotic rebuttal "It's too soon to judge that thing, we are in early access".

Yeah, so? When is it supposed to be a good time to give negative feedback, then? After release, when everything will basically set in stone?

Jaska

Novice

Larianshill

Arbiter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg4o2rsbjvs&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Chubblot
New companion lines datamined, maybe someone will be interested.
Spoilers about the datamined shit
So I haven't been much interested in these datamined dialogues, but I was browsing /vrpg/ and they mentioned Shadowheart saying: "Selune arm me...", which pretty much confirms that which I suspected. Her being a Selune priest or somesuch and brainwashed to serve Shar.
True. Now keep in mind, it could also be Larian fucking with us - there are some lines in the game that will obviously never end up heard by the player, such as Lae'zel wondering where did Lae'zel go. But yes, it's probably the real deal.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Disregard that, I suck cocks. Shadowheart actually has a lot of lines that imply that she's either a cleric of Selune, or is unsure what goddess is she actually a cleric of. Also, Astarion refers to Helia, Minsc and Karlach, not only confirming that Helia is still coming, but also that she's a werewolf.

hell bovine

Arcane
I've heard that Raphael never visits your camp, unless you recruited Wyll. Can anyone confirm this?
Unless the new patch brought new bugs, no. You just need to try to get rid of the tadpole.

Btw, I'd not rely much on datamined stuff. Apparently patch 4 had some stuff removed (warforged), so likely some content won't make the cut.

Mitleser2020

Scholar
I've heard that Raphael never visits your camp, unless you recruited Wyll. Can anyone confirm this?
Unless the new patch brought new bugs, no. You just need to try to get rid of the tadpole.

Btw, I'd not rely much on datamined stuff. Apparently patch 4 had some stuff removed (warforged), so likely some content won't make the cut.

Race tags were removed.

Keyword actually being had, because they alongside every additional race except Dborn, Duergar, Deep Gnome, Gnome and Half-Orc had their tags removed from the game as of patch 4. The logic to trigger things like the Warforged unique response is still there, alongside the voice line itself, but Larian removed the way of triggering it (unless you just port it back in).
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...ve_aasimar_been_completely_ruled_out/gowu5qn/

Bara

Arcane
For Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 did the dungeons leave any impact or memory for you folks? I've played through both and for the life of me the most I vaguely recall is the pirate cove area in DOS1.

It's probably the biggest concern I have for BG3 as nothing really stood out in DOS1 or 2 for me like The Hand did in Icewind Dale or the Fortress of Regrets in PS:T. Or the Modron Maze if only because I actually got a kick out of having to draw a physical map to do it.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Pirate Cove here too. Fighting on the Oil Rig in 2.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
For Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 did the dungeons leave any impact or memory for you folks? I've played through both and for the life of me the most I vaguely recall is the pirate cove area in DOS1.

It's probably the biggest concern I have for BG3 as nothing really stood out in DOS1 or 2 for me like The Hand did in Icewind Dale or the Fortress of Regrets in PS:T. Or the Modron Maze if only because I actually got a kick out of having to draw a physical map to do it.
I guess I remember The Academy in D:OS2. Not because it was ultra-fun or anything, but at least it was unique. Also the cave where that Trompdoy guy refuses to die.

Falksi

Arcane
This looks seriously shit. Suffering from the same "Everything's clean & bright" disease which plagued Cyberpunk 2077.........

ms0PKmF.jpg

LsnZUsw.jpg

I mean wft am I looking at here? Feels like someone squirting Xenomorph piss in my eyes. Do they have absolutely no concept of tone?

Awful.

Larianshill

Arbiter

Can we take a moment and give Larian some praise for admitting this dialogue style is retarded and retooling the whole thing, going as far as scrapping hours of narration? I think they deserve some credit for facing the criticism and admitting the fuck-up.

Falksi

Arcane

Can we take a moment and give Larian some praise for admitting this dialogue style is retarded and retooling the whole thing, going as far as scrapping hours of narration? I think they deserve some credit for facing the criticism and admitting the fuck-up.

They just need to sack Mr Sheen from the graphics department now, and they'll be well away.

(Oh and change the whole dull as fuck, takes forever to sort 1 trap & fight 1 battle dullness out too)

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Feels like someone squirting Xenomorph piss in my eyes.
Yeah I wholeheartedly hate Larian’s daylight palette. Very whimsy and cartoonish.
Underdark though as well as dungeons are pretty fucking awesome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom