Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Rusty likes to stay bad.

Seems legit.

The fun if the game is that it gives you the tools to surmount any obstacle. People who throw up their hands and say “all luck!” are missing out on that.

Once you get it it’s a lot of fun putting all the pieces together to handle something you thought you couldn’t.

Again: I’ve never played the hardest mode on any previous game. In this game it’s the most fun because you can actually get there without savescumming or being a speedrunner.

Last edited:

Alrik

Educated
If you went with Wenduag first area is noticeably easier.
Isn't it just picking the Demon option regardless of who you brought through the Maze? I did Wendy+Demon on both my runs so haven't explored the possibilities myself, mentally adjusted people are boring.

Parabalus

Arcane
First dungeon is fun, but Hosilla the boss is a bit of a head scratcher for me on CORE. She just wtf-hits my crew, and with the forced cutscene 2 minute before each attempt....

Guess you have to have incredible RNG to survive this.
your paladin person should be able to tank her just fine, you can use your move action to drink a potion if needed
you can stock up on healing pots in the village area btw

Yeah got lucky now and got her. But she kept hitting my paladin before for 20-50 damage.

Git gud

Blaming RNG is no way to accomplish that. Potions aren’t all the vendor sells. And you get Prot Evil and Barkskin potions as drops.

Main thing you need to do is burn her down ASAP. Her weapon (soon to be your weapon) AoE Fears on hit so need to give her as few chances to proc as possible. Seelah should be Immune to the Fear so load her up with Bull’s STR and Enlarge from Cam and whale.

If you’re having trouble with her you’ll have a lot more going forward. It’s a good warning.

Sadly Desiderius is right here, the game is noticeably harder than KM and the stuff thrown at you gets pretty insane, sooner rather than later.

Isn't it just picking the Demon option regardless of who you brought through the Maze? I did Wendy+Demon on both my runs so haven't explored the possibilities myself, mentally adjusted people are boring.

Tbh Wenduag seems pretty boringly normal, dunno why people here are screeching about her. You get what it says on the tin pretty much.

Jackpot

Learned
I'm a shitter and the only truly difficult fight on Core difficulty in Chapter 1 and 2 for me was the bitch who absorbs the cultist's power in Drezen.
And that fight was only so incredibly hard for me because I replaced the only mage on my team with with the Succubus bitch for her lockpicking (why I replaced Ember and not Lann I don't know) and decided that I wanted to finish the whole siege without resting.

Desiderius

Patron

We’re all adjusted to something. People inured to evil are adjusted to the demented Zeitgeist Globocorp has neatly packaged for you.

Use that noodle God gave you. Explore the possibilities.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On another note, have to say I really enjoy the setting. Always been a sucker for demons, religious stuff, cultist etc, so this story should be a fun romp.

Shadenuat

Arcane
First dungeon is fun, but Hosilla the boss is a bit of a head scratcher
I'd say it's the worst boss encounter in the game. Everything else generally gives you good hints and ability to prepare, but Hosilla has all the worst designs packed together, from party teleportation to long ass cutscene, to gotcha boss with gotcha fear to anime "it's not even my final form" and another teleportation of party again under bunch of adds. It can be very easy for say stronk evil melee or twice as hard for good aligned castor who decides to be good always.

They'll redesign this fight ala avellone wolves in PKM after release on first patch. They also need to rethink HD&immunities of enemies and SR from party level 1-10.

Desiderius

Patron
Lann with Composite Bow from Cambion is no joke, nor is Paladin with Smite. I'm not so convinced Good is that big of a disadvantage there. Main thing on that fight is using your consumables at the right time which is a good habit to get into.

D:OS 2 had hard early gatekeeper fights and sold great. People want to earn it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yes you can take your whole party and just feed potions to Seelah and in 1 round le prebuff again. But then maybe player used them on say beating elemental(s). But due to positioning if Hosilla wins ini you might not even get to that.
And it's honestly, I think, only fight in the game where you really have to do that. Most other fights don't burn through your buffs so actively.
Also any sort of final form or repositioning (if you move your party, it still gets under mephitesquasits later) is just kinda shit.
Gatekeeper fights are ok but let people in TUTORIAL (it's still tutorial dood, even if cambions are SR13 regardless of difficuly lmao) try again fail and try again without shite cutscene. No reason to punish bad players in tuto. Give them autosave.

just need to burn her fast
a tactic which oddly enough works for anything in the game :Mthis is what weapon immunity enemies were for in BG, to cancel desu-guys.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
For example there's this level 20 Demon:

20DemonStats.jpg

The gate that he's keeping is a very interesting one and just added in the Beta. There are ways around him but who doesn't like a challenge? That 38 doesn't include the 3 more from the Wings.

DrainStop1.jpg

You start out fighting this rather large gang of Succubi and Incubi (we thinned them out from the cliff above in the previous episode). Succubi now have a level draining ability (in Alpha they had a Dominate which was immune to Unbreakable Heart so maybe they're working on that?) and we don't have enough slots for both Death Ward and Crusader's Edge. Better stop these bitches from getting a word in edgewise.

One down, one to go. Probably should have gone Spell Focus Necro before Spell Pen on Ember to land these Pox Pustules. They're great (akin to Rogue's Double Debilitation or both halves of Evil Eye at once, and few things are immune) but Evil Eye has an effect even on a made save. She has 20 Spell Pen at level 8 but nothing that can reliably beat a Save.

Note for Oracles/Clerics: Searing Light is no Save.

Drainstop2.jpg

And the other one too. Crispy has a Death Ward from the item you get from Zach but he's it so he's protecting the team by owning this Succubus.

NenioTanking20Demon.jpg

Once that pack goes down this Demondand spawns right on top of you. Nenio handling tanking duties (inadvertently, she doesn't have Blink up yet). If things get too hot she has a Grace Scroll at the ready.

MostPerfectStrike20Demon.jpg

Hurr, durr Wenduag obviously better hurr, durr. Love this right on the money. One thing to note is that Lann doesn't get Flanking, Outflank, or Crusader's Edge so especially if you take him into a 3/4 class you'll need a strategy to help him land all his shots. Perfect Strike of course a good start.

20DemonOwned.jpg

As you can see, things didn't get too hot. They killed him before Ember could get one Hex off. Once Infinitron got the Intimidate from the Mythic Cornugan it was all over. Outflank crit chains + Shatter Defenses are gross. This guy's EXP has been nerfed by an order of magnitude(?) for some reason.

Ironically the next boss up is significantly more challenging even though ostensibly 7 levels lower. She does give three times the EXP though. Makes little sense. This guy can get out of hand though if you're unequipped to hit him, since his Natural attax are all at full BAB.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't understand demodand honestly. You kill some trash and then some very random and unique monster spawns.
They nailed all this shit perfectly in Market Square. How about some exostcist or trash horror movie style crusaders being hang on spiky trees around a strange wooden golem wood? and then demodand raep
Actually they show you Nabassu there, but is Tristram first time you actually finally meet Nabassu? Why is the distance between showing and meeting so long?
Nabassu with ghouls felt more "realistic".

Tristram 2d part of mountain hopping needs some more Market Square-style work.

hurr wenduag is better
U kno I recently did Lann quest with Mommy Issues and I'd say they're both fucking annoying.
And Seelah is also annoying.

Actually I tested camp resting to make a list of people who doesn't like Ember. I need to finish it.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
a quick list, very important for LICH HEADPATS playthrough

very quick

TOP TIER
Regill: respects Ember and takes what she says seriously.
Daeran: seems to be amused enough with her.

UNDEAD TIER (3 companions)
theyre already dead. very good.

SKELETON TIER (tolerable)
Sosiel: first says she has no place in party. then apoligizes for not giving her home.
still zombie tier because of Toughness and Medium Armor. give him Cleave or something??

NOT SURE TIER
Aru: couldnt trigger dialogue with her.
Dwarf: couldnt trigger dialogue but he has family and goes around watching his ex wife and daughter in house windows. better to turn into Skeleton to be sure.
Nenio: nothing there but, she s sperg retarded probably wouldn't steal headpats.

ZOMBIE TIER
Seelah: generally is annoyed with Ember
Wenduag: couldnt trigger dialogue but she is Wenduag
Woljif: thrown stones at Ember when she was little
Lann: says Lann things

RATFOOD DIER
Camelia: she is Camelia.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Hosilla teaches you about different durations too. Barkskin and Heroism survive cutscene, while min/lvls don't. She takes a round to buff herself, so can you, then Charge.

a tactic which oddly enough works for anything in the game

Not easily. Gheybor’s Dragon has a chink in his armor but it isn’t melee zerg. Many such cases. My MC is over the top melee based so team is design to support that. Other configs will be different.

That Angelfire playthrough with Seelah on Court Poet is spell and spell-like ability focused so we'll see what that can do once they fix the things that need fixing.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Mythic Medium Armor Focus is Medium AC to Touch tho and Mythic Toughness pretty naice too.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Greybor dragon you get:
fight 1: +8 initiative
fight 2: full prebuff
fight 3: he waits there to snowball him.

(great sequence of hunting events tho)

in the end... Firkraag actually casted spells (dispel magic actually). this one breathes and hits you.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Rusty do I have a list for you!!
LOOK UP
ITS PERFECT!!

A MANLY PURPLE HAIR GNOME
A RUSSIAN LITERATURE COUNT
A BURNED TEHANU LOLI URSULA LE GUIN
THREE UNDEAD PEOPLE!!

BEST! PARTY!!!!

Take! free!

just stop posting your boring super pretdictable crap. you have BG3 thread for this, jesus. is it not enough? le me play my retarded RUS)))) game in peace.

Codex Year of the Donut
Rusty do I have a list for you!!
LOOK UP
ITS PERFECT!!

A MANLY PURPLE HAIR GNOME
A RUSSIAN LITERATURE COUNT
A BURNED TEHANU LOLI URSULA LE GUIN
THREE UNDEAD PEOPLE!!

BEST! PARTY!!!!

Take! free!

just stop posting your boring super pretdictable crap. you have BG3 thread for this, jesus. is it not enough? le me play my retarded RUS)))) game in peace.
when you put it like that, I'm going to have to post here more

Shadenuat

Arcane
ебаныйхуй. а мне еще читать всю эту десудериус скриншот хуйню.
РАСТИ

when you put it like that, I'm going to have to post here more
yeah sure man kick yourself out :positive:

BTW what would be best Lann Trip Dog build whar do you people think? ie Lann must be dog and use CMB
alchemist dumps his WISso somewhat coutner productive.
standard druid is a bit banal.

Since you can get both Lann and Wenduag I also thought running her as dog too but barbarian.

In the end I probably would have to play CMB char myself as Aeon though. 2 years later after game release that is. feel like Yosharian.

I wanted to run Camelia as evil asassin but, her alignment doesn't qualify. :M in evil party I am thinking to pick exotic proficency for her and either thief +dex damage or say Archie (combat trick > fencing for rapier).

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
This one PITA

DrainBossStats.jpg

Again we can see why natural attax are good. No iteratives. You've got +30AB of pain headed your way three times a round with some other stuff on top of that. Ember has 20 Spell Pen but those Saves are no joke. Very few immunities tho.

OtherAbilitiesDrainBoss.jpg

She has that Hold Person, Mass that Nulk did but haven't seen her cast it. She does use Vampiric Touch Quickened I think.

ToughStartDrainBoss.jpg

We've got Dsiplacer Beast up there but messed up the opening Charge or maybe forgot to activate Fighting Defensively. You can see Ember has Protective Luck lined up but her initiative roll was crap. May want to look at investing in better initiative for her.

Stuff on left happened next round. That Green circle is the Gaze. Walk in and beat that 29DC Save or lose a Level. Seelah decides she needs to get in there. 34 on a Charge vs 40. Not great.

EvilSave.jpg

Infinitron's 20 here is poetic justice for game not giving her her Hardy racial bonus against all these spell-like abilties. Main reason I chose Dwarf. Can someone explain why boss is Flat-footed to the pet? Seems like if you can just gang up enough sometimes you get flat-footed from that.

Ember's Evil Eye just ticked up to -4 this level. She also chose Cackle for just this scenario. Lann needs the help badly.

LuckyBoss.jpg

Two can play that game. Hit chance was 2/25 and she cashes. If Crispy goes down and things start to get interesting. Never mind, looks like it did 5 whole damage. Really curious about this mystery DR. Encourage people to try Protection from Evil and/or Chaos. Looks like undocumented DR. On the other hand he's about to die so maybe Combat Log is fucked.

CloseCackle.jpg

This hilarious. Check the time on the Evil Eye and the time on the Cackle. .2 seconds! Shad's right. Autocast Cackle is wonky.

Seelah19.jpg

Subtle tings make a big difference. Seelah had the wrong weapon set active during buffing. If this were Lustrous Blade this would be a crit and boss would be dead. As it is west flank has collapsed and things getting dicey.

Cacklegetsthere.jpg

Whew! Cackle gets there. Lann used his first Mythic Feat to add a second Mythic ability - his first was abundant casting for the Barkskins - to make sure he'll eventually hit about anything. Oustanding design on this one.

Most important thing about this picture is Infinitron's Shield Bash getting there on the Cornugan Smash. Love it when a plan comes together. This baby's over. Crusader OP.

Miss Maugla.jpg

Arrow points to the spot where the only misses will be Critical Misses. Seelah obliges but it's just delaying the inevitable. Infinitron too jacked to worry about some mere Ghouls now. Boss drops real AC Bracers of the game. I've got Ember spamming Mage Armors so not really much of a thing.

Diminished Casting.jpg

Level nine we get a look at the effect of Diminished Casting. Sword Saint has this too. Improved Abundant Casting will fix this.

DesnaTreasure.jpg

And here it is, added in the Beta, the whole point of the right half of the level, and it's a glorious half and ending. This awesome buildaround, and I will be building around it - throwing axes were notably lacking in P:K - along with a chance to get Aru much earlier and save her from choosing Improved Crit at lvl 10 when she already has Aspect of Falcon.

Could obv use some more narrative continuity and will no doubt get it because there's no mention of this altar yet at all. As for Nabasu pretty sure Nulkineth is a Nabasu/Garg hybrid. He has all the Nabasu abilities and you fight lots of Helf-Fiend Gargs in this area.

Desiderius

Patron
what would be best Lann Trip Dog build whar do you people think? ie Lann must be dog and use CMB

Drovier. You get CMB Aura.

Urban Hunter also perfect.

Lann riding Dog getting Snap Shots from Dog Trips would be perfect, but don't thing Mounted works that way.

Parabalus

Arcane
This one PITA

View attachment 18128

Again we can see why natural attax are good. No iteratives. You've got +30AB of pain headed your way three times a round with some other stuff on top of that. Ember has 20 Spell Pen but those Saves are no joke. Very few immunities tho.

View attachment 18129

She has that Hold Person, Mass that Nulk did but haven't seen her cast it. She does use Vampiric Touch Quickened I think.

View attachment 18130

We've got Dsiplacer Beast up there but messed up the opening Charge or maybe forgot to activate Fighting Defensively. You can see Ember has Protective Luck lined up but her initiative roll was crap. May want to look at investing in better initiative for her.

Stuff on left happened next round. That Green circle is the Gaze. Walk in and beat that 29DC Save or lose a Level. Seelah decides she needs to get in there. 34 on a Charge vs 40. Not great.

View attachment 18131

Infinitron's 20 here is poetic justice for game not giving her her Hardy racial bonus against all these spell-like abilties. Main reason I chose Dwarf. Can someone explain why boss is Flat-footed to the pet? Seems like if you can just gang up enough sometimes you get flat-footed from that.

Ember's Evil Eye just ticked up to -4 this level. She also chose Cackle for just this scenario. Lann needs the help badly.

View attachment 18132

Two can play that game. Hit chance was 2/25 and she cashes. If Crispy goes down and things start to get interesting. Never mind, looks like it did 5 whole damage. Really curious about this mystery DR. Encourage people to try Protection from Evil and/or Chaos. Looks like undocumented DR. On the other hand he's about to die so maybe Combat Log is fucked.

View attachment 18133

This hilarious. Check the time on the Evil Eye and the time on the Cackle. .2 seconds! Shad's right. Autocast Cackle is wonky.

View attachment 18134

Subtle tings make a big difference. Seelah had the wrong weapon set active during buffing. If this were Lustrous Blade this would be a crit and boss would be dead. As it is west flank has collapsed and things getting dicey.

View attachment 18135

Whew! Cackle gets there. Lann used his first Mythic Feat to add a second Mythic ability - his first was abundant casting for the Barkskins - to make sure he'll eventually hit about anything. Oustanding design on this one.

Most important thing about this picture is Infinitron's Shield Bash getting there on the Cornugan Smash. Love it when a plan comes together. This baby's over. Crusader OP.

View attachment 18136

Arrow points to the spot where the only misses will be Critical Misses. Seelah obliges but it's just delaying the inevitable. Infinitron too jacked to worry about some mere Ghouls now. Boss drops real AC Bracers of the game. I've got Ember spamming Mage Armors so not really much of a thing.

View attachment 18137

Level nine we get a look at the effect of Diminished Casting. Sword Saint has this too. Improved Abundant Casting will fix this.

View attachment 18138

And here it is, added in the Beta, the whole point of the right half of the level, and it's a glorious half and ending. This awesome buildaround, and I will be building around it - throwing axes were notably lacking in P:K - along with a chance to get Aru much earlier and save her from choosing Improved Crit at lvl 10 when she already has Aspect of Falcon.

Could obv use some more narrative continuity and will no doubt get it because there's no mention of this altar yet at all. As for Nabasu pretty sure Nulkineth is a Nabasu/Garg hybrid. He has all the Nabasu abilities and you fight lots of Helf-Fiend Gargs in this area.

What's the logic behind the altar music sequence?

I got it but just with trial and error.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom