Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Tygrende

Arbiter
Versatility is kinda overrated. It's almost a no-brainer for SMGs but for pistols it's not that obvious which approach is better. It completly eats up your spec points and you only start to get good skill values at a very late level, early game is torture. You still have to waste points on guns for feats. Pistols also have good PER feats they really want and the reqs are quite high too, 10 for Sharpshooter and 11 for Scrutinous. It also has an INT requirement which means you have to spend additional 2 points instead of going 3 INT which guns can do just fine. I don't think it needs nerfing.

Parabalus

Arcane
Absolutely nuts with chemical pistols though, which basically need just Cooked Shot, so you can use it along with regular firearms.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

That entire thread is a goldmine.

1614462735093.png

ss+(2021-03-01+at+03.58.34).png

Parabalus

Arcane
The latter is pretty on point though, you never really want to interact with enemies, because the damage/HP ration is so skewed towards damage.

Tygrende

Arbiter
The latter is pretty on point though, you never really want to interact with enemies, because the damage/HP ration is so skewed towards damage.
You just have to let go of aversion to tanks. It takes effort, but if build right, you can become near immortal quickly. Hell you can become factually immortal for a short period of time with specced Last Stand, specced Stoicism, aegis and morphine. 100% damage reduction to everything.

Parabalus

Arcane
You just have to let go of aversion to tanks. It takes effort, but if build right, you can become near immortal quickly. Hell you can become factually immortal for a short period of time with specced Last Stand, specced Stoicism, aegis and morphine. 100% damage reduction to everything.

That's the same thing, just without the finesse. The decent part is using specific armor sets for specific enemies, being generally immortal is decline.

CHEMS

Scholar
Anyone tried the Shock Shurikens yet? Do they share the throwing knives feats? There's nothing on the wiki and i haven't even seen one yet, although i've got the blueprint at Occulus on my current Gun-fu playthrough.

Black Angel

Arcane

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
i never turned mutant. Is it only available during gassing drones?

What are perks of mutating? ive red somewhere that it increases your str. Can you wield balor hammer?

CHEMS

Scholar
i never turned mutant. Is it only available during gassing drones?

What are perks of mutating? ive red somewhere that it increases your str. Can you wield balor hammer?

Before the last update, you could only mutate during gassing drones. Now you have another source of the mutating gas in the same facility where you got the mutagen canisters from. There will be a "faulty container" there, interact with it and it will leak mutagen gas

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Looking forward to the official acid vials only build.
no blobs? dex ap reduction?

i wonder if can be used to help throwing knives against armored enemies, or crowd control.
I assume cryo and napalm ones are a thing too?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Versatility is kinda overrated. It's almost a no-brainer for SMGs but for pistols it's not that obvious which approach is better. It completly eats up your spec points and you only start to get good skill values at a very late level, early game is torture. You still have to waste points on guns for feats. Pistols also have good PER feats they really want and the reqs are quite high too, 10 for Sharpshooter and 11 for Scrutinous. It also has an INT requirement which means you have to spend additional 2 points instead of going 3 INT which guns can do just fine. I don't think it needs nerfing.
From my experience:
- Scrutinous is not necessary (it's late game anyway) for crit chance with SI, Recklessness and other stuff will be high enough. I didn't even wear Infused Rathound and didn't eat Focus Stims, I was satisfied with crit chance already; lower crit chance compensated with sheer amount of shots you can make
- Pistols started to get good around level 16
- Didn't invest in guns past 15
- While guns early on do suck you still have mighty knife and fist weapons. I clawed Balor and all gladiators to death, man!
- While pistol related feats would have been useful, it was smooth enough without them
- I can't imagine playing any build with 3 INT

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
From my experience:
- Scrutinous is not necessary (it's late game anyway) for crit chance with SI, Recklessness and other stuff will be high enough. I didn't even wear Infused Rathound and didn't eat Focus Stims, I was satisfied with crit chance already; lower crit chance compensated with sheer amount of shots you can make
- Pistols started to get good around level 16
- Didn't invest in guns past 15
- While guns early on do suck you still have mighty knife and fist weapons. I clawed Balor and all gladiators to death, man!
- While pistol related feats would have been useful, it was smooth enough without them
- I can't imagine playing any build with 3 INT
id say that versatility(as in dmg output types, not feat) is underrated.
Sure you see lower max numbers but overall its easier experience

Don't get mutated if you want a power boost, it's shit. Nearly every NPC attacks you on sight so most of the game becomes unplayable. That said, yeah, it does give you massive strength, but mutants can't use equipment so it's not useful. Your weapons get replaced with mutant claws which don't get any bonus damage from strength, so the strength is basically just cosmetic. And even if it wasn't it's not worth making the entire world hate you.
Being a mutant is bad and something you want to avoid at all costs. Unless you want to see the new ending in which case you get mutated once and then never do it again.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
It completly eats up your spec points and you only start to get good skill values at a very late level, early game is torture.
Can confirm, just got through Depot A with 3 per and Versatility. Do not recommend.
This shit better fucking payoff later on.

ciox

Liturgist
Looking forward to the official acid vials only build.
no blobs? dex ap reduction?

i wonder if can be used to help throwing knives against armored enemies, or crowd control.
I assume cryo and napalm ones are a thing too?
Haven't found an obvious way to buff them, would be really great if throwing knife feats worked for them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom