Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
2) chain effect is when one action under some condition can create something extra. For example, if you push somebody to the wall, the target will get stun. This is a chain effect. You can look in the game 'help' section for more details.
Yeah, I have a basic understanding of how chain effects work: I've been punched in the face enough times to put Veteran or Massiveness on all my characters. What I don't understand is how you can trigger something with Giselle, since her The Hunter and the Hound mastery set has Chain Tactics in it. I guess her pets can push people in her traps somehow, but it would be strange if the game required you to pick a mastery that does nothing on the main character and only improves the pet.

Zumbabul

Savant
2) chain effect is when one action under some condition can create something extra. For example, if you push somebody to the wall, the target will get stun. This is a chain effect. You can look in the game 'help' section for more details.
Yeah, I have a basic understanding of how chain effects work: I've been punched in the face enough times to put Veteran or Massiveness on all my characters. What I don't understand is how you can trigger something with Giselle, since her The Hunter and the Hound mastery set has Chain Tactics in it. I guess her pets can push people in her traps somehow, but it would be strange if the game required you to pick a mastery that does nothing on the main character and only improves the pet.

If enemies trigger a trap that they are not aware of, they will be 'confused'. For example, if you approach a group of enemies that are not engaged in combat and throw a trap at them, they will be confused (chain effect).

If you have mastery 'powerful traps', your double ice trap will freeze enemies. Ice traps create ice mist, which inflicts frostbite every turn. If you frostbite frozen target, you will get a chain effect that refreshes the duration of the freezing. The same is true for bleeding. If Heixing or Albus inflicts 'severe bleeding', your Giselle will get chain effect if she applies regular bleeding.

There are more chain effects than just stun after knockback. It's better to see ingame help.

Tigranes

Arcane
Sooooo I assume y'all been playing this and thinking, what a great game, I can overlook the sometimes incomprehensible grammar because small indie game translated from whatever, right?

Turns out the original Korean, from the born in Korea lived in Korea devs, is nearly as bad.

Basically everything is written as if the key words are translated badly from English. Perhaps this is an artifact of a gaming culture where everybody grew up playing awkwardly translated games? It's as if you have English devs who grew up playing half-translated French games, and then when they write their own game, everyone says "Pardon" instead of "Sorry". Maybe the Korean gamers are just used to this, but I have no idea.

(BTW, you guys were right, the game does pick up a lot after like the first 20 missions, once you can do Cruel + Challenge, mastery combos, get sniper enemies, etc. It's superb. Still wish it didn't take so long to get erect but it was worth it, I guess. Now ~lv35 and I think on Chapter 4.)

Suicidal

Arcane
Turns out the original Korean, from the born in Korea lived in Korea devs, is nearly as bad.
Can we say that Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children is the Dark Souls of badly translated eastern games?

We can say that this game is anime.
Which normal, good countries ban.

p.s.
https://www.thegamer.com/russia-bans-death-note-anime/

Yes, brother, I too support banning of entertainment that I do not like.

1746754.jpg

Allah be praised!

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I can't understand how items work. I equipped energy extractors on all my characters, and after I finish a mission some of them remain and others disappear. It's not like they disappear if I use them, because they disappeared on characters who never used it during the mission...

EDIT: also, what the fuck is the "Special Armor" mastery and why do these elemental bicrons keep taking 0 damage?

Last edited:

Zumbabul

Savant
I can't understand how items work. I equipped energy extractors on all my characters, and after I finish a mission some of them remain and others disappear. It's not like they disappear if I use them, because they disappeared on characters who never used it during the mission...

EDIT: also, what the fuck is the "Special Armor" mastery and why do these elemental bicrons keep taking 0 damage?

Items. If you used at least one charge of item it will be lost. If you didn't use any charges it will not be lost. The gear is not lost upon use (for example acceleration propeller).

'Special armor'. There are two possibilities. First one, these robots have 'special armor' mastery. In this case, if you do damage less than 10% of their health, it will be nullified. The second option is you 'killed' them and they went overdrive. In this case, you either need to do damage that is higher than their hp or shutdown them before you kill them (with Kylie or EMP grenades).

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Does anyone know a quick way to get a lot of Defence/Support/Attack 1 TP masteries? I'm getting constantly cock-blocked during my mastery crafting because I have hundreds of 2 and 3 TP ones but zero 1 TP. Basically all my 1 TP mastery are Basic.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm sure these are baby steps, but ~lv35 in Chapter 4 and just love thunderboy alpha strike with the chain lightning to off 5 dudes, then off a couple others that ran for cover with the linear bolt thing, then finish off a straggler, nobody left alive.... then next turn he's on overcharge so you go to the next mob and kill all of them in one go.

Also enjoying Albus/Irene set up for melee counters in chokepoints smashing 10 enemies while waiting for their turn. I just have to get topless boy working better, can't seem to get him to do enough damage.

(And then every once in a while someone crits through your defences and does 8k damage in one hit...)

Lhynn

Arcane
I'm sure these are baby steps, but ~lv35 in Chapter 4 and just love thunderboy alpha strike with the chain lightning to off 5 dudes, then off a couple others that ran for cover with the linear bolt thing, then finish off a straggler, nobody left alive.... then next turn he's on overcharge so you go to the next mob and kill all of them in one go.
Thats just a glimpse of how beastly he becomes. In one of the top level violent cases that had many enemies bunched up i killed over 100 enemies with him in one turn. His biggest weakness is that after you click "end turn" he will suffer the effects of the massive delays from all those castings.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I spent like 30 hours farming to SLIGHTLY improve my characters crafting their gear and perfecting beasts and machines, and... after two story missions the game ended. I'm not complaining though, I had fun mastering the art of frogs and dragons genocide. It's just a pity that you get the last non-DLC character so late in the story, I have used him just a couple of times.

Abu Antar thank you again for the game, it's awesome! I'm starting the DLC now, and probably a new playthrough after that, unless there's some sort of NG+ to experience all the characters through the entire story.

Tigranes

Arcane
I am now ~lv45, recruited Vanilla Ice Boy. I decided I don't want to bother with item crafting shit and it's been OK. Is beast taming worth getting into / a must-have? I looked at the basic mechanics and seems like a fair bit of grind etc built into the system. And at this point, can I look forward to ways in which gameplay changes a lot or is it steady sailing from here? I have a pretty stable mastery combo set for everyone at this point. Maybe it's the crafting/beasts that add the extra layer, or there's other things that crop up?

On another note, so far, this is another game where I feel that it's really hard to beat good human enemies that can work off the same systems that are built for the PCs. Beast/machine enemies, whether here or in Dungeon Rats, tend to be derivative and with less variety in tactical outcomes...

Antigoon

Augur
You can ignore beasts altogether.
At least on hard once you got a solid mastery board, there is not need to make any changes up until the DLC content. The first really damaging AOE enemies are very very late, at which point you might need to modify your strategy. Up until that point the game is pretty much about getting a new character every couple of hours, experimenting with that one until its done and move on to the next one.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
[Notice] Contents Update and System Maintenance
640d61cfd0cb56ca6517e114d18cb25d8a672d26.jpg

Hello everyone, this is Troubleshooter development team.

We beg to inform you that game server maintenance and update details.

• During the maintenance, all servers will be unavailable.
  • Please finish the missions completely before server shutdown.
  • Update Detail will be release after maintenance is started.

Maintenance Schedule
  • Daylight saving time is not applied.
  • Date: March 12th, 2021
  • Friday 17:00 ~ 19:00 CET
  • Saturday 01:00 ~ 03:00 JST
  • Friday 08:00 ~ 10:00 PST
  • Friday 16:00 ~ 18:00 UTC

Update Details:
  • Added the [ White Lion and Black Witch ] scenario mission.
  • Added the extra equipment board to the character.
    - This will help you to change the equipment set quickly like mastery board.
  • Added the drone hangar to the Warehouse keeper.
  • Added the description of the batch command to the grant battle icon.
  • Added the [ Font Size ] to the [ INTERFACE ] on the game option.
  • Added the Steam Achievements.
    • The Man Who Stepped Back - added to the scenario mission [ To Not Regret ].
    • The Leaved Man
    • The Duty of the Leaved Men

• Changed the count of Check Point to be maintained up to 4.
    - You can set the details in the [ Setup Check Point ] in the [ GAME PLAY ] on the game options.
  • Changed the [ Damage Absorbing ] mastery not to be activated while the unit is in [ Overdrive ] mode.
  • Changed the extra effect of [ Reinforced Fire Thrower ] from [ Confusion ] to [ Armor Disabling ].
  • The require amount to get the food buffs [ Satiety ] and [ Refreshment ] has been reduced.
  • When you try to change the OS of the drones, the warning message will be shown if the drone can't maintain the current module configuration due to the lack of the output.
  • Changed the ability tooltip display method while you are in a mission. It'll be scrolled but not sizing down its size.

• Updated the controller support.
    • Button image 'A' will be shown when the office menu gets the focus.
    • Changed the 'Unequip' function from 'pressing right analog stick' to 'pressing left analog stick'.
    • Added the acceleration function when you hold the count up or down.
    • You can use controller while you are in the Team formation mode.
    • Fixed an abnormal controller focus in the inventory.
    • Fixed a bug that page view didn't work while you are in the module crafting mode.

Thank you.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Can we say that Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children is the Dark Souls of badly translated eastern games?

We can say that this game is anime.
Which normal, good countries ban.

p.s.
https://www.thegamer.com/russia-bans-death-note-anime/

Yes, brother, I too support banning of entertainment that I do not like.

1746754.jpg

Allah be praised!

Allahu Akbar!

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Done with this game for now (play time is not right probably 60-70h)
oFCVb19.png

What a great game last 2 violent cases on challenging took multiple tries.

Is there a mastery against cocooning? And are there any missable quests which are related to beast catching or building drones? I only catched Adventurer Dorori. Did all the quests I found even when most of them were quite tedious.

Zumbabul

Savant
What a great game last 2 violent cases on challenging took multiple tries.

Is there a mastery against cocooning? And are there any missable quests which are related to beast catching or building drones? I only catched Adventurer Dorori. Did all the quests I found even when most of them were quite tedious.

'massivenes' prevents you from lifting. Therefore it will save you from cocooning. Barbarian Alisa is immune to physical debuffs, so she doesn't care about cocoon.

There are no quests related to taming or drone building. In v39 you can meet Jeff. He has 'monster taming' mastery. It allows you to tame any beast. So, you can tame Ash, Snow, Jeff's pets, and all legendary beast in 47v. Catching all legendaries is one of the activities you can do in the late game.

As for building drones, to acquire all necessary masteries you need to level each drone of each frame type. Also, destrons in 50v have some unique masteries. Most notably double attack for your drones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom