Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

DeepOcean

Arcane
Yes, they indeed released nothing from that IP.

Why did they purchase it? It's starting to look like they just want to safeguard it from nasty right-wing developers who might make something fun out of it.
I dont even need for them to be right wing, having a functional brain is enough but woketards on the HR department will sniff out for other woketards. Look to this dude here and watch his stuff, I have no idea if he is conservative but he doesnt look like an idiot:
https://www.youtube.com/c/SethSkorkowskyAuthor/videos
How a guy that is a professional GM, with fucking 10 books written and even better, he knows how to write and design RPG quests doesnt get nowhere close to the HR department of something like Paradox but those random karens that never made anything of worthy are hired all the time? Because other random karens hire them.Yes sure, he doesnt have experience on cRPGs, but you can teach an intelligent man how a video game works but science didnt discover IQ improvement techniques yet, only such revolutionaire discoveries would help the karens situation.

deuxhero

Arcane
Hey guize, remember when they thought this was good enough to show to the public?

Seems even more hilarious now in hindsight.

Aside from Seattle apparently banning white streetlights, it doesn't actually look that bad till the combat starts. It's jank even by the standards of Bloodlines, and it's clear from the perfect left/right movement in places it was played with a controller. Still, it's in a solid enough state that I can see some Paradox exec convinced they salvage an engine and mechanics and they just need to burn down Hardsuit labs to make something approaching a releasable story (remember, reusing a new game with existing engine+mechanics for new levels and story is easily doable in a year by a competent studio) instead of just needing to can the whole thing.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Simpyer

Tough luck Josh, they only have eyes for one man.
EIONAM4X0AA5Anc

Dycedarg

Learned
Looking at those twitter profiles, you understand how the game went to shit. Woke stuff aside, they are some of the most vapid retards I've ever had the displeasure to read about.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Yes, they indeed released nothing from that IP.

Why did they purchase it? It's starting to look like they just want to safeguard it from nasty right-wing developers who might make something fun out of it.
I dont even need for them to be right wing, having a functional brain is enough but woketards on the HR department will sniff out for other woketards. Look to this dude here and watch his stuff, I have no idea if he is conservative but he doesnt look like an idiot:
https://www.youtube.com/c/SethSkorkowskyAuthor/videos
How a guy that is a professional GM, with fucking 10 books written and even better, he knows how to write and design RPG quests doesnt get nowhere close to the HR department of something like Paradox but those random karens that never made anything of worthy are hired all the time? Because other random karens hire them.Yes sure, he doesnt have experience on cRPGs, but you can teach an intelligent man how a video game works but science didnt discover IQ improvement techniques yet, only such revolutionaire discoveries would help the karens situation.

Did he try and get on with a company or something? I think a guy like that could get hired if he threw his hat in the ring somewhere.

Lambach

Arcane
Aside from Seattle apparently banning white streetlights, it doesn't actually look that bad till the combat starts.

The facial animations, voice-acting and dialogue are significantly, objectively worse than a game from 2004, dude. It is that bad.

I also took personal offense to the kind of music being played at that club, since it seems wholly unfitting to the spirit of the original, but that's the only bit of criticism where I admit I'm probably too nitpicky. Everything else is a straight-up disaster. It looks like a really, really shitty Nexus mod for Deus Ex: Human Revolution with a botched VtM paintjob on top of it.

deuxhero

Arcane
Aside from Seattle apparently banning white streetlights, it doesn't actually look that bad till the combat starts.

The facial animations, voice-acting and dialogue are significantly, objectively worse than a game from 2004, dude. It is that bad.

I also took personal offense to the kind of music being played at that club, since it seems wholly unfitting to the spirit of the original, but that's the only bit of criticism where I admit I'm probably too nitpicky. Everything else is a straight-up disaster. It looks like a really, really shitty Nexus mod for Deus Ex: Human Revolution with a botched VtM paintjob on top of it.

I meant the actual "gameplay" didn't look that bad. The dialog and everything related to it need to be cut.

Lambach

Arcane
I meant the actual "gameplay" didn't look that bad. The dialog and everything related to it need to be cut.

I don't get it, you said the combat was jank even by the standards of the original Bloodlines, so which part of the gameplay didn't look "that bad"? The traversal through the streets or something?

And it's precisely "the dialog and everything related to it" that elevated the original Bloodlines from a janky mess to a cult classic, so if the sequel botches that, what the fuck is the purpose of the sequel to begin with?

CyberModuled

Savant
I'm getting Outer Worlds flashbacks with just vaguely skimming the profiles. American video game development (on a large scale at least) is utterly fucked.

deuxhero

Arcane

I don't get it, you said the combat was jank even by the standards of the original Bloodlines, so which part of the gameplay didn't look "that bad"? The traversal through the streets or something?

And it's precisely "the dialog and everything related to it" that elevated the original Bloodlines from a janky mess to a cult classic, so if the sequel botches that, what the fuck is the purpose of the sequel to begin with?

Again, I'm talking from the point of view of an executive looking at this and deciding to can it. I merely said the actual walking around and environment looked like they could be salvaged if you give a completely different team a year and a half to redo everything else, which is actually more than I expected from this trainwreck.

Lambach

Arcane
Nicole's favorite games:

I get the sense she doesn't play a lot of games.

She's just pulling games out of her ass that she thinks will land her street cred with the Nerds™. There is absolutely no way in hell anyone can like both Bloodlines and DA 2. Those two games are polar opposites, complete antithesis of one another.

It's like saying you're a militant vegan who eats medium-rare steak for lunch 5 times a week or some shit like that.

Harthwain

Magister
Nicole's favorite games:

To be frank - we are talking about favourite games here. A few of my favourite games include Starcraft 1, Death Gate and Lords of the Realm 2, which aren't exactly new titles.

deuxhero

Arcane
Nicole's favorite games:

She's just pulling games out of her ass that she thinks will land her street cred with the Nerds™. There is absolutely no way in hell anyone can like both Bloodlines and DA 2. Those two games are polar opposites, complete antithesis of one another.

It's like saying you're a militant vegan who eats medium-rare steak for lunch 5 times a week or some shit like that.

There's also saying Saints Row 3 as favorite game of all time. Even among Saints Row games that's considered the worst mainline game in the series by almost everyone (with the dissent not coming from people who like SR3, but from judging SR4 as a Saints Row game instead of Prototype clone).

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom