Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Testownia

I don't know whether this is old news or not, but apparently datamined dialogue suggests that Jaheira is Halsin's wife, and Isobel is their child.

So there you have it - another romance, next to Viconia, which can be crossed out as being non-canon. Just Neera and Aerie left.

Well I mean she still could have been the bhaalspawn until he died. It already happened once with Khalid what makes the PC any more special than him and have her hang on to a memory.

Face it folks your all just Khalid 2.0.

If Abdel Adrian is still the canon CHARNAME, he died a few years before the events of the game, so that's out of the question.

Let's face it - if you HAD TO choose a canon romance, it would be Aerie, since she gets both a happy romance ending AND at least two children which, when combined with the theory that "The Kid" Origin Character will be CHARNAME'S child/grandchild, fits perfectly.

Testownia

Also with aerie kids would have wings.
perfect for snowflakes.

They would be regular half-elves, so no, since CHARNAME is canonically a human.

As to Larian being dicks... the "A Murder in Baldur's Gate" adventure module really tied their hands when it comes to what they can and can't do with CHARNAME, so they're doing the best with what they have. And since Minsc, Jaheira, Bhaalspawn etc. are being name-dropped/present left and right, this at least lends credence to their own declaration that the game IS a direct continuation of the storyline. Which means there's either going to be a big reveal in the later chapters, or else the Mind Flayers are a complete red herring. Remember - Larian also already confirmed this is just the first part of a longer story, so said reveal may come very late into the game.

hell bovine

Arcane
I don't know whether this is old news or not, but apparently datamined dialogue suggests that Jaheira is Halsin's wife, and Isobel is their child.

So there you have it - another romance, next to Viconia, which can be crossed out as being non-canon. Just Neera and Aerie left.

Well I mean she still could have been the bhaalspawn until he died. It already happened once with Khalid what makes the PC any more special than him and have her hang on to a memory.

Face it folks your all just Khalid 2.0.
If Larian really wants to stir the pot, they should make the kid Imoen's grandchild.

Though considering it's set in BG city, it could be Sarevok's grandkid too. There is an option to let Tamoko live in BG1.

Codex Year of the Donut
I have my reasons to suspect the Jaheira thing is just Larian trolling the people constantly asking to romance Halsin.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Wait, how did they make the Viconia romance non-canon? Must have missed/forgotten that.

Codex Year of the Donut

Wait, how did they make the Viconia romance non-canon? Must have missed/forgotten that.
Neverwinter(the MMO, licensed D&D product, large parts of the story written by R. A. Salvatore) has references to Viconia being alive.

Gargaune

Magister
Ugh, remind me, who's Isobel again? 'Cause I hate stepping into this romance fanfic territory, but by the time of BG3, Jaheira would have to be 160 at least, so retirement territory for half-elves. Or do half-elves also partake of the bullshit exemption from the natural aging process?

Codex Year of the Donut
Ugh, remind me, who's Isobel again? 'Cause I hate stepping into this romance fanfic territory, but by the time of BG3, Jaheira would have to be 160 at least, so retirement territory for half-elves. Or do half-elves also partake of the bullshit exemption from the natural aging process?
Timeless body.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Personally I'm more concerned about system changes. So far there's still no mention of a proper implementation of reactions, removal of the shitty chain system etc.

Testownia

Just how much will players be pissed when the game ends literally the moment you're at the city gates, with a "to be continued in Baldur's Gate IV?"

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If Abdel Adrian is still the canon CHARNAME, he died a few years before the events of the game, so that's out of the question.

Let's face it - if you HAD TO choose a canon romance, it would be Aerie, since she gets both a happy romance ending AND at least two children which, when combined with the theory that "The Kid" Origin Character will be CHARNAME'S child/grandchild, fits perfectly.

Nah dude, Viconia all the way.

Testownia

Read the previous posts. Viconia has already been confirmed as a non-canon romance, and that was way before Baldur's Gate III was announced. She's still alive in the "present day" timeline.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Read the previous posts. Viconia has already been confirmed as a non-canon romance, and that was way before Baldur's Gate III was announced. She's still alive in the "present day" timeline.

You're saying if I "HAD TO" choose and then telling me that I can't choose because of canon.

Writers find ways to change canon all the time. She got poisoned? Oh oooops - she faked her own death to do A, B or C. Blah, blah.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Come to think of it... do you recall the exact wording of the romance ending? How long did it take for Lloth's assassin to reach Viconia? Maybe she is still alive, but her fate already sealed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom