Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Wesp5

Arcane
The facial animations, voice-acting and dialogue are significantly, objectively worse than a game from 2004, dude. It is that bad.

Still better than The Outer World and that was supposed to be a success. In fact the only recent game to match is Cyberpunk 2077!

Sarathiour

Cipher
Dragon age 2 on a list could make sense if you suppose that the person has probably play a maximum of 4 rpg in her whole life.

The facial animations, voice-acting and dialogue are significantly, objectively worse than a game from 2004, dude. It is that bad.

Still better than The Outer World and that was supposed to be a success. In fact the only recent game to match is Cyberpunk 2077!
Have to say, aside from all the things I found shitty if not downright broken about CP2077, close-ups during dialogues with major NPCs is where they absolutely delivered.
During the (very few) hours I could bear to spend attempting to play that game, the thought "This is how I wanted a modern Bloodlines to look like" came to mind more than once.

Nephilim

Educated
Nicole's favorite games:

I get the sense she doesn't play a lot of games.

Her level of taste is appalling. She might say "in no specific order" but I'm pretty sure the first 3 came to mind instantly. Bloodlines was just a nod and mentioning a Divinity game was a reach.

Out of all Dragon Age games, she chose Dragon Age 2.
I am not convinced someone like her had the capability to finish Divinity:Original Sin 2.
She only played Bloodlines because of her job, like most of them.

The whole narrative team is a bad omen. Their twitter pages are full of degeneracy.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
In no specific order but she literally put numbers next to the game names.

:deathclaw:

Still, I think yall are reading way too much into this tweet. People like games for random reasons.

Zer0wing

Cipher
There's also saying Saints Row 3 as favorite game of all time. Even among Saints Row games that's considered the worst mainline game in the series by almost everyone (with the dissent not coming from people who like SR3, but from judging SR4 as a Saints Row game instead of Prototype clone).
Uhm, nope. Those people can eat a shit pile on a cheese plate and wash it down with a glass of tabasco sauce. SR4, it's retarded spawn Gat out of Hell and Agents of Mayhem are complete disasters with nothing reedeming even announced ever since.

Gargaune

Magister
Dragon Age 2

albundy.gif

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There is absolutely no way in hell anyone can like both Bloodlines and DA 2. Those two games are polar opposites, complete antithesis of one another.

Sheryl Chee, who co-wrote Dragon Age II, loves Bloodlines. These are women who play games for characters and character moments.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Sheryl Chee, who co-wrote Dragon Age II
Isabela is Sheryl's only major contribution AFAIK. She was busy being the only other writer on Awakening besides Gaider while everyone else were already working on DA2.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Isabela is Sheryl's only major contribution AFAIK. She was busy being the only other writer on Awakening besides Gaider while everyone else were already working on DA2.

The only companion, but I'm sure she wrote more than that. She was also responsible for the infamous "gigglesquee I want to nom her head" exclamation in reference to Merrill.

Harthwain

Magister
Sheryl Chee, who co-wrote Dragon Age II, loves Bloodlines. These are women who play games for characters and character moments.
From this we can narrow down exactly the kind of writer every game gaming company should avoid like the plague: women.
We had this sort of discussion already: Here

It's interesting, but I can't even name a single influential female developer. I'm sure there has got to be some out there. I just can't think of any who's game or design contribution influenced the rest of gaming in a positive way.
If it turns out that I can't think of any, because there aren't any.
Roberta Williams? Amy Hennig?

copebot

Learned
From this we can narrow down exactly the kind of writer every game gaming company should avoid like the plague: women.

It's interesting, but I can't even name a single influential female developer. I'm sure there has got to be some out there. I just can't think of any who's game or design contribution influenced the rest of gaming in a positive way.

The existence of a couple of exceptionally based women out of many hundreds just proves the general principle. He forgot to mention Terri Brosius also.

Harthwain

Magister
The existence of a couple of exceptionally based women out of many hundreds just proves the general principle.
I think it proves the statistic is at work here: you can find a lot more mediocre than skilled people in any field, because geniuses are generally rarer than idiots.

Dycedarg

Learned
Isabela's an attractive big tiddy slut. With long hair and everything. Where's the decline here?

All over Dragon Age 2.

Even if we acknowledge the few exceptions, the signal to noise ratio is still pretty low. And given what we've seen on games like Dumpsterfire and this one, the presence of multiple women narrative designers should be a major red flag, and that's being charitable. Finally, I woud never compare Amy Hennig to the vapid dangerhairs we've seen in this thread. She's obviously a very competent developer, otherwise she wouldn't have been able to create a series as successful as Uncharted. But are we going to pretend she had a POSITIVE influence in the gaming industry? Like, seriously?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom