Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Myzzrym

Tactical Adventures
Patron
Developer
Now is the time for me to tell you guys that we also have new feats coming up soon for our poor fighters.

Enjoy :p

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
No cats in this update? :decline::decline::decline:
It's there, don't let Infinitron's tricks fool you. It's at the end of the video, he just deleted it from the update.

Anyway, this is massive incline. Usually I don't care for user-created content in videogames, but Solasta's system is so satisfying that I will probably play everything, even Ontopoly's Dungeon of the Larian Hater.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
:yeah:

You were many to ask for it, so we decided to make it a reality! The Dungeon Maker is making its way to Solasta and will be available in its beta state when the game launches later this year. Make your very own dungeons filled with monsters and treasures to play and share with your friends!

Solasta: Crown of the Magister is a Turn-Based Tactical RPG based on the SRD 5.1 ruleset. Wizards of the Coast has granted Tactical Adventures a license to use the Dungeons & Dragons SRD 5.1 content and rules in Solasta: Crown of the Magister.

Timestamps:
00:00 Introduction
00:28 What is the Dungeon Maker?
00:53 Making your Dungeon
02:04 Filling up your Dungeon
03:05 Decorating your Dungeon
03:43 What to Expect from the Dungeon Maker
04:25 Outro (and bloopers :D)

Special thanks to M.S. (Discord) for creating and sending us a dungeon using the tool!

A brilliant, brilliant idea on their part. If all the rest of the stars align, this will add quite a chunk of extra buzz about the game. And I can't think of a better game to have this with (apart from Pathfinder obvs, but sadly Owlcat have shown no interest).

Later note: actually, it's coming back to me that they were claiming at one time that it would be difficult to make an editor because of the verticality, and that their levels were so hand-crafted, etc. In that context it's surprising and encouraging that they feel they've managed to get around those problems.

Last edited:

Myzzrym

Tactical Adventures
Patron
Developer
Later note: actually, it's coming back to me that they were claiming at one time that it would be difficult to make an editor because of the verticality, and that their levels were so hand-crafted, etc. In that context it's surprising and encouraging that they feel they've managed to get around those problems.

Aye, that's exactly why this Dungeon Maker is 2D for now. The way to get around the complexity of verticality in an editor is just to start without it. We'll figure out how to add it later / if people are really interested in that option (over other features) when desiging their own dungeons.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Aye, that's exactly why this Dungeon Maker is 2D for now. The way to get around the complexity of verticality in an editor is just to start without it. We'll figure out how to add it later / if people are really interested in that option (over other features) when desiging their own dungeons.
Will you add the Druid class if I promise to only play 2-dimensional characters? :happytrollboy:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Speaking of dungeons and level design. Is this verticality bullshit in every level or is it done in realistic manner?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Speaking of dungeons and level design. Is this verticality bullshit in every level or is it done in realistic manner?
Fanta.

Don't you have the third dimension in Bulgaria? Here in Italy it's pretty omnipresent, and usually we're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Fanta.

Don't you have the third dimension in Bulgaria? Here in Italy it's pretty omnipresent, and usually we're not the sharpest tool in the shed.
We do,but i don't have stock a bunch of boxes when i need to take a piss. Also verticality doesn't mean dimensionality :smug:.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Fanta.

We do,but i don't have stock a bunch of boxes when i need to take a piss. Also verticality doesn't mean dimensionality :smug:.

In terms of marketing it's a sort of gimmick, but in-game it's pretty natural most of the time - sometimes it's part of the gameplay, sometimes not, and so far it hasn't felt forced to me. It's just an option in the game (that other CRPGs don't have), so it's sometimes used, and sometimes levels use it a fair bit when appropriate (like the Library), but it doesn't feel like a gimmick in the sense of, "We have this thing we use for marketing so we're going to shove it in your face at every available opportunity, to the point of tedium."

Believe me, I was worried about that possibility myself, going in, and tbh the demo was like that a little bit; but in the actual game as it is so far, it's used well.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The only thing that really grates me with the game is the movement, it feels so artificial. Like how everyone runs in a line at top speed, sometimes even phase through each other. It's like watching tiny toy machines jump and climb in some kind of weird obstacle course. It's a shame because the mechanics, and the 3D environment is great.

Bara

Arcane
Myzzrym out of curiosity will we be able to make high level content in the dungeon maker? With pcs getting to 20th level and such in there.

Or for now at limited within the confines of solasta's level cap but maybe one day/modders?

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Classes used to be designed with the entire game in mind rather than just combat.

I tend to ignore everything you post, Rusty, but that's true.

It's not actually relevant to a discussion of computer role playing games, because of the limitations inherent in the "computer" part of the phrase, but the paladin class was designed to be rare and hard to play at the table.
Wasn't the Paladin class designed at a time stats were rolled and not picked? It feels like it was the only class that would make use of good rolls in all stats (well, except for Int I guess).

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
What kind of fucking retard would use JRPGs as good example of anything?
iu

iu

May Allah have mercy on those infidels.

polo

Magister
Whats the state of EA? I kind of want to play it, but im not sure if i should wait for launch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom