Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is it worth to play NWN2 main campaign?

Should I skip NWN2 main campaign?

• Total voters

Devastator

Learned
>he didn't like the SoZ Overland Map
That was SoZ then? Nah, the map was what I actually liked visually and mechanically. Most of the content that came with the map outside the main story really sucked. That is, the repetitive encounters and caravan management bored me to death.

idk she annoyed the ever living fuck out of me. The others must have really been forgettable because the only other ones I remember are the Dwarf Monk, Bishop, and the Warlock.
Same here, I remember Neeshka being the most annoying. I also remember some sorceress being super annoying. Besides, I seem to recall that the game would force certain party members on you at certain points. I vaguely remember that I was forced to take some cleric with me at some point, but I didn't want her in my party at all.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I always thought that Neeshka was pretty much a carbon copy of Mission Vao from KOTOR, who's pretty much a carbon copy of Imoen from BG. The same basic character archetype (whiny but cute underworld type) seems to have recurred in many BioWare games.

The character type is a sort of proto-SJW, the (supposedly) lovable outsider, which appeals to SJWs. I think the initial idea was probably a way of making it plausible for lawful or good characters to have a thief type in the party - she's cute and seems redeemable, she "isn't all bad," so a good or lawful character might tolerate her (whereas if your only choice for a thief was someone like Bishop, you might not bother).

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
Skip it. The quality is very bad, even for the standards of 2006.

Reasons not to play NWN2 in particular order-
  • Uninspiring animations. Sometimes the animations don't play at all.
  • The output log is poorly designed. It outputs attack rolls separately from damage rolls, and not even next to each other. At high levels, its impossible to follow.
  • Bad pathfinding. Your party will often get stuck somewhere or refuse to follow you.
  • Bad AI. In combat, your teammates will regularly provoke AOOs due to above mentioned bad pathfinding.
  • Terrible voice acting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRbolGidHM&feature=emb_logo
  • Unforgivably bad camera system is an exercise in frustration.
  • Realtime with pause combat, so everything is a giant clusterfuck and you have no idea what's going on.
  • Game is laughably easy. It's pretty much just click to win. You can rest just about anywhere so there's no sense of resource management.
  • Portraits are so tiny that you have to squint to see them. They are also just renders of the 3d models instead of proper full-size portraits like Baldur's Gate had. MOTB adds painted portraits, but they are so bad they look like they were swiped a random DeviantArt page.

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
I dont like SoZ overland map purely on technical point: After loading near 200 map data they can start running on the world map. Thus a medium level computer got broken, back in the days. Even now it can still be quite chancy.

Then yes, if I have a gaming computer will enough RAM and graphic card, I can run overland map with no problem and therefore love it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom