Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite - co-op third person shooter from Cold Iron Studios

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Colonial Marines was great fun after they patched it up.
Loved the levels and the presentation and gameplay was solid FPS.

Deleted member 7219

Who makes an Aliens game and makes it third person?

Who makes an Aliens game and makes the xenomorphs cannon fodder?

How could anyone with a brain think that trailer was good?

Codex Year of the Donut
it says it's an rpg on their steam page, move it to grpg Infinitron
EUJgPpG.png

Codex Year of the Donut
Honestly I hope this isn't the MMO because I want to know what the hell an MMO set in the Alien franchise looks like. Either Daybreak dropped them or this is a side project.
This seems to be entirely unrelated to whatever they're doing with Daybreak, likely just fulfilling a preexisting obligation. No Daybreak branding anywhere to be found, not listed as the publisher anywhere.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
After success of World War Z and Division 2 now we are going to see every single IP try to replicate that. Too bad I personally have little love for third person shooters.

Codex Year of the Donut

Keyboard Vomit

Infinitron
So the "if it says it's an rpg it goes in grpg" rule only applies when the devs pay you?

The criteria is the developers explicitly describing the game as an RPG in a formal description, press release, trailer, etc. Steam tags are opportunistic gibberish.
It's your job to contact them and get the details. Quit being lazy.
It will get moved to the RPG section soon.
Cold Iron is holding back on a lot of details, including a closer look at its RPG systems and more information on Aliens: Fireteam's story.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
It will get moved to the RPG section soon.
If they wanted to specify it is rpg they would have said it in steam description flair. Not there.
Set in the iconic Alien universe, Aliens: Fireteam is a cooperative third-person survival shooter that drops your fireteam of hardened marines into a desperate fight to contain the Xenomorph threat.
Game will have rpg elements. That's welcomed. But not enough to flag is as rpg.

Last edited:
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Set in the iconic Alien universe, Aliens: Fireteam is a cooperative third-person survival shooter that drops your fireteam of hardened marines into a desperate fight to contain the Xenomorph threat.

This almost sounds like description of Mass Effect 3 MP, that was an RPG, right?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
After success of World War Z and Division 2 now we are going to see every single IP try to replicate that. Too bad I personally have little love for third person shooters.
Those are not the same genre. World war z, left4dead, etc, are co-op horde shooters. Whole division 2, destiny 2, etc, are looter shooters.

I imagine this will be more in line with left4dead.

Codex Year of the Donut
Those are not the same genre. World war z, left4dead, etc, are co-op horde shooters. Whole division 2, destiny 2, etc, are looter shooters.

I imagine this will be more in line with left4dead.
If anything, it seems like it will be closer to Vermintide(2) than either of them.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Heh, seeing the Smart Gun being used in an MP game brings back some unpleasant memories of AvP2 MP, where people would get immensely butt hurt if someone used it and was grounds for getting kicked from some servers. I guess its cool here as it is strictly coop.

Looking at the gameplay, the ME 3 MP comparison might not be so off base... except the ME3 MP was much more fast paced and fun.

Anyway, the dev says at 16:58 they they have broad experience with RPGs and thats were they want to push the game. This will entail leveling up the individual classes, which will unlock various weapon types and attachments as well as perks and abilities. The goal being that there will be multiple viable builds for each class.

There is sticky cover, which makes me wonder if you end up fighting against human enemies too - would be definitely good to spice things up. So far I might be willing to give this a go if/when it costs about 5 bucks.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There is sticky cover, which makes me wonder if you end up fighting against human enemies too - would be definitely good to spice things up. So far I might be willing to give this a go if/when it costs about 5 bucks.
The trailer shows you getting into cover fights with company robots. Might be mercanaries and such too.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
3 people fireteams only, lmao
And what's that retarded outline around the aliens? The entire point is that you DONT see them. Goddamn.
Verdict: Console trash

Ezekiel

Arcane
Why didn't you assholes buy Alien Isolation seven years ago? Did you think it would be another Colonial Marines disaster?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom