Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Now you've rated four my posts from completely unrelated thread as retarded not even reading them of course. This is butthurt war. War you can not win :eek::D
:mixedemotions:

Looks like the thread is good for some entertainment after all.

Harthwain

Magister
I'm on my phone, so my retarded rating fire rate is low. You have 1478 posts. I have 1000. Rest assured, every single post of yours until end of time will get retarded rating. So far you gave me 100+ retarded ratings. Your butthurt is size of Jupiter
It's funny when you claim I am the butthurt one, while it's you who acts like you've been raped in the ass. I don't really care that you will rate all my posts. I will take your massive butthurt as my win and call it a day.

Nines and Jack both go out of their way to make sure you don't die. LaCroix, for his part, never leaves his office.
I will add more to this: LaCroix not only doesn't care about you - he is actively trying to kill you.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Begun, the butthurt war has

VtfV2Kp.png

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I will add more to this: LaCroix not only doesn't care about you - he is actively trying to kill you.

The entire story is that LaCroix gives the PC progressively more absurd quests with the intention of getting rid of him. PC's rise from a fledgling to a power in his own right doesn't sit well with him. He's noveau riche, and wants to pull up the ladder behind him, much like Cicero.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Jack cares about his trap. When main character croaks too soon, of course his whole plan blows up because he needs main character as a ruse. If he has passion for main character or not, who knows and who cares.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Smiling Jack is your foster sire and does exactly what any Brujah does with their fledglings. He does care for you in his own way.
Like an alcoholic dead beat father kind of way.
Still cares about you a lot more than anyone else and at least he isn't using you for his own political agenda like... everyone else.
Sure, that whole placing tons of explosives inside the sarcophagus when you could open it without knowing sounds like a really caring foster sire and no agenda at all, but honestly, I'm more interested into knowing which pussy the fingerless gloves of Brian are right now or what girl will cancel him for rape.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The entire story is that LaCroix gives the PC progressively more absurd quests with the intention of getting rid of him. PC's rise from a fledgling to a power in his own right doesn't sit well with him. He's noveau riche, and wants to pull up the ladder behind him, much like Cicero.

I never quite felt LaCroix was presented in a manner that made sense. Your description is correct, as far as I can tell, but at the same time he's supposed to have been an officer in Napoleon's army - which makes him fairly old, from the Old World and should have seen a lot of things during his time. He should be very skilled in intrigue and information, having risen to the position he's in, and having lived since the XVIII century.

He also should not speak with an English accent and he should know how to pronounce his own name.

IMO, he's presented like a New Worlder with little knowledge about the Old World. He comes off as insecure like he's just half a century old and comes off as insecure and fairly clueless about how things work.

As much as I would love to praise VtmB in all respects, and I do love the character of LaCroix, he really doesn't make much sense as a character.

Harthwain

Magister
Sure, that whole placing tons of explosives inside the sarcophagus when you could open it without knowing sounds like a really caring foster sire and no agenda at all [...]
Does Jack ever warns you to not open the sacrophagus? I know Beckett does. And I know Jack makes some veiled suggestions that opening it is a bad idea, but I can't recall if he gives you a straight warning to not do it.

DeepOcean

Arcane

I never quite felt LaCroix was presented in a manner that made sense. Your description is correct, as far as I can tell, but at the same time he's supposed to have been an officer in Napoleon's army - which makes him fairly old, from the Old World and should have seen a lot of things during his time. He should be very skilled in intrigue and information, having risen to the position he's in, and having lived since the XVIII century.

He also should not speak with an English accent and he should know how to pronounce his own name.

IMO, he's presented like a New Worlder with little knowledge about the Old World. He comes off as insecure like he's just half a century old and comes off as insecure and fairly clueless about how things work.

As much as I would love to praise VtmB in all respects, and I do love the character of LaCroix, he really doesn't make much sense as a character.
I think his function on the story was necessary (show Camarilla had alot of hypocrisy going on with alot of assholes in there that wanted power no matter what and they only needed to pretend otherwise) but I agree with you that they could have done it on a better way, Lacroix acts like a newbie and that isnt really fitting with his backstory.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/former-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-devs-hit-with-layoffs

Update: Last night, Hardsuit Labs responded to RPS confirming the layoffs. They don't offer specifics on how many staff were let go, or go into the details of why, though they say they are helping those affected find new work. Here's the full statement:

"While we worked hard to source some great work opportunities for the studio to move forward with, we were unable to provide work for a small number of individuals and thus made the difficult decision to part ways. This decision was not made lightly and was done so only after we felt we had exhausted the opportunities to avoid such a layoff.

"For the affected team members, with their permission, we are reaching out to partners and fellow studios in hopes that we can assist in placing our former colleagues with new opportunities. We sincerely wish the very best to our former colleagues and thank them for their contributions to the studio and our projects during their time here.

"Hardsuit Labs continues to move forward with existing and new opportunities, as well as current work on several yet unannounced projects. We look forward to sharing additional information on these games when we can in the future."​

Sykar

Arcane

I have a head canon of LaCroix just flat out lying to you about his origin. Not elegant but better than nothing.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Who cares about what that deranged psychic chick thinks, I trust Nines with my life.

Nines isn't malevolent, but despite the lofty ideals he throws around, he still uses the PC for his political goals.

The best endings is showing everyone the finger.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I'm on my phone, so my retarded rating fire rate is low. You have 1478 posts. I have 1000. Rest assured, every single post of yours until end of time will get retarded rating. So far you gave me 100+ retarded ratings. Your butthurt is size of Jupiter

This is war you have lost before it began
Gotta say, it will be amusing pastime for me

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Was so worried this thread would die out with the recent news, I'd miss it.

I imagine it'll slow, then peak again when the new shovelware developer takes over, can't wait.

Or even better, it goes to a good developer and the coal that is my heart will be lit again.

Flying Dutchman

Learned

They didn't get killed, they were murdured! There's a difference, you know...

Checked Luke Dodge Twitter profile and was surprised Hardsuit had an art director.

Are there any samples of his work? (Beyond the in-game art, which I don't know if a director does.)

I'd like to believe he's a talented artist who got crushed by Paradox and Hardsuit.

Codex Year of the Donut
Still cares about you a lot more than anyone else and at least he isn't using you for his own political agenda like... everyone else.

The thinblood on the beach outright states that the only people you should trust are Mercurio and Beckett. :M
That's just another point in favor of Jack's school of hard knocks teaching. Don't trust anyone, not even Jack.

Is Smiling Jack using you? Yeah.
Should Smiling Jack have warned you about the sarcophagus? No way. You spend half the game either being dominated by LaCroix or his willing assistant, did you guys forget this?

It seemed pretty obvious to me that Smiling Jack was your foster sire taking a very hands-off approach(which is completely normal for Brujahs). When you needed help the most and nobody else was around, who came to help you? You weren't needed anymore at that point, LaCroix would have obtained the key on his own.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Should Smiling Jack have warned you about the sarcophagus? No way. You spend half the game either being dominated by LaCroix or his willing assistant, did you guys forget this?

You get an email from your mysterious benefactor telling you not to open it and Beckett, one of the two guys you're told is trustworthy, tells you not to open it, so anyone who still wants to open it gets what they deserve.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom