Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

agris

Arcane
Patron
Grotesque pic isnt loading

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

Robber Baron

Savant
Is there any game with greater atmosphere than Diablo 1?

Busin 0 and Wizardry Tales of Forsaken Lands. Both have a very dark and melancholic tone.

As great as Diablo 1, imo. Especially the soundtrack.

I won't lie, the music and portrait art made me look up the game. I was never a fan of japanese dungeon crawlers and only suffered them for story and atmosphere so I'll definitely check this one out.

d1r

Patron
Is there any game with greater atmosphere than Diablo 1?

Busin 0 and Wizardry Tales of Forsaken Lands. Both have a very dark and melancholic tone.

As great as Diablo 1, imo. Especially the soundtrack.

I won't lie, the music and portrait art made me look up the game. I was never a fan of japanese dungeon crawlers and only suffered them for story and atmosphere so I'll definitely check this one out.

I will release a translation of this game in about 1-2 months. Might wait a little bit longer (guide, not rom hack). If you plan on playing the first game which got an official translation, make sure to run it at 133% speed. Otherwise, you will have a hard time.

What the heck are you guys talking about?
Atmosphere is not just "gothic horror amazonsrogues"

Sure, but the southern part of Baldurs' Gate is just more forest, some boring mines, and an ok'ish Gnoll Fortress. The only thing that really stands out was Durlag's Tower.

Robber Baron

Savant
I will release a Translation of this game in about 1-2 months.

Was official western release bad or something? Or are Busin 0 and the Tale of Forsaken Lands different games?

Never mind I'm stupid, it looks like Busin 0 NEO is indeed JAP only, looking forward to your translation man!

d1r

Patron
I will release a Translation of this game in about 1-2 months.

Was official western release bad or something? Or are Busin 0 and the Tale of Forsaken Lands different games?

Tales of Forsaken Lands is a neat little, and very atmospheric dungeon crawler, which had one big flaw: It was slow, really really really slow. I would have never finished it if it wasn't for the option in the emulator to speed it up, tbh. Busin0 is its sequel which heavily improves on the prequel's formular, speeding it up a lot, and adding tons of new content to the game. Its probably twice as big as Tales of Forsaken Lands, and by faaaaaaaaaar the better game.

Robber Baron

Savant
Tales of Forsaken Lands is a neat little, and very atmospheric dungeon crawler, which had one big flaw: It was slow, really really really slow. I would have never finished it if it wasn't for the option in the emulator to speed it up, tbh. Busin0 is its sequel which heavily improves on the prequel's formular, speeding it up a lot, and adding tons of new content to the game. Its probably twice as big as Tales of Forsaken Lands, and by faaaaaaaaaar the better game.

Thanks for clearing that out
I'll keep an eye for the Wizardry thread on the JRPG subforum and thanks again for your work!

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
6twl59in9gk61.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
How did they manage to have stiffer animation than 20 years ago?

Fluid animation vs keyframes.

Imho they will probably fix it by focusing speed of animations at the high point of strike/doing something. They probably focused right now on accuracy and then they will tune animation speed in various parts of animation playing.
But who knows maybe this is how it will be in final game, though it would be a shame. D2 gets one thing better than any other arpg aka hitting things with weapons and deedback it provides.

I wish though they would implement lockstep for multi but that is 100% not happening otherwise they would be talking about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom