Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rift / Vive / VR General

Doktor Best

Arcane
We have Doom3VR for quite some time now in form of mods. It even runs pretty decent on Quest standalone.

Dexter

Arcane
Oh, the "old shit" part at the end of your post looks interesting. I will investigate, thanks!

Wow, holy shit.
Features
  • Automatically search your ROM folders for games and matching label images, and then virtual cartridges/CDs with labels will spawn into your room.
  • Multiple virtual game consoles.
  • Arcades
  • Multiple screens: CRT, LCD, and why not even a cinema screen in your room?
  • Look closer and see the pixels! Shadow mask, dot mask, aperture grille and LCD emulation, currently.
  • Watch 80s~90s TV! (streaming)
  • Read tons of video game magazines!
  • (Dis)organize it your way: neatly stack your games in your shelf, or just throw them onto your bed.
  • Customize your room with posters on the walls using any image.
  • Run as many simultaneous games your hardware can handle!
  • Use a VR HMD or just play in desktop mode.
  • FREE!

Playing some mega drive and watching some 80s tv. Next stop, the womb.
Btw. now apparently with friends:
Netplay
  • Call your friends over to your room
  • Watch them play your games or vice versa
  • "Pass the controller, bro" and take turns at that hard game
  • Grab/give the second controller and play WITH them
  • Watch saturday morning cartoons and movies together
  • Play in VR or desktop mode, nobody needs to own an HMD to play, online or offline

OctavianRomulus

Learned
Considering getting a Quest 2 for Alyx. Are both of these worth it? The mandatory Facebook login is iffy but I donțt want to blow 1000 smackaroons for an Index.

Perkel

Arcane
Considering getting a Quest 2 for Alyx. Are both of these worth it? The mandatory Facebook login is iffy but I donțt want to blow 1000 smackaroons for an Index.

Imho no. Alyx is just another sudo adventure game with retarded enemy AI. If you are half life fan then probably yes though. On other hand you can play on Quest 2 natively whole trilogy of Half Life 1, Opposing Force and Blue shift in VR which is awesome.

OctavianRomulus

Learned

Imho no. Alyx is just another sudo adventure game with retarded enemy AI. If you are half life fan then probably yes though. On other hand you can play on Quest 2 natively whole trilogy of Half Life 1, Opposing Force and Blue shift in VR which is awesome.

So it is not a good game with good design? I am am blind towards it on purpose.

Perkel

Arcane

Depends what you look for.

If you want decent FPS, Alyx is not great FPS.
If you look at game to see what you can do in VR i Alyx is good example of that.
If you like walking sims. Alyx is one of better ones.

OctavianRomulus

Learned

Depends what you look for.

If you want decent FPS, Alyx is not great FPS.
If you look at game to see what you can do in VR i Alyx is good example of that.
If you like walking sims. Alyx is one of better ones.

What exactly is bad about it? It looked pretty fun from the brief videos I watched.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
What exactly is bad about it? It looked pretty fun from the bried videos I watched.

Dumb AI and shitty combat design which assumes you are retard. Which is cardinal sin for me.
It might be for you if you just like to fuck around in VR.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Half Life: Alyx is GOTY 2020 for me. It's one of the most mind-blowing "AAA" games VR has to offer so far. AI and combat design is also perfectly fine: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...tween-hl1-and-hl2.130792/page-31#post-6617321
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...tween-hl1-and-hl2.130792/page-28#post-6612869

It's not anything like a "Walking Simulator" beyond the first level introducing the world, which is the same in Half Life 1 and Half Life 2. If anything you can reproach the game that once it starts earnestly on the second level there isn't much exposition in the latter levels anymore aside from things you hear over your headset, but you're drug through metro tunnels, sewers, warehouses and later also get to some more impressive looking environments like hotels, factories and a zoo with a few stints through apartment complexes, having to dispatch a variety of enemies along the way. It would probably have benefited from a bit of variety with one or two levels more resembling the first somewhere in there. Perkel is a bit "Special", he spends his time in VR seemingly solely emulating old games and using his various HMDs as essentially a replacement monitor or TV, turning up his nose at anything unique VR has to offer and dreaming about his perfect "game", Star Citizen... which definitely isn't a "Walking Simulator". I'm not sure if he even played Alyx.

Nevertheless I could never recommend anyone to get a "Quest", a device that can essentially become useless or bricked and make you lose all your games because a bot at Facebook decided to block your account for whatever reason (maybe it decided you aren't "authentic"/or you used a "bad word"?) and you need to connect it with your mobile phone and real name to even be able to use it in the first place. They could also decide that they just want their Android Walled Garden and cease support for Link or PC Streaming at any point, possibly in the next few years, you're entirely dependent on Facebook and their machinations there, there were a lot of people that said Facebook accounts would never be required. And you can only play PC games streamed to it as compressed video (either via USB via Link or Wirelessly using something like Virtual Desktop) and have no direct video link for uncompressed data transfer. A lot of people swear on it being "good enough" although I'm not sure if they have anything else to compare it with, I personally wouldn't do it if all you care about is PCVR. And if you use it Wirelessly there's also that thing about having to recharge it every 2 hours of playtime and all the various other "concerns".

Also getting any device for a single game is probably not the best idea, so if your question was "Is it worth getting VR for <game>?" the answer would probably be "No." But if you like VR in general, have a broader view of what it has to offer and are into some of the genres that have found themselves on VR devices and want to play various of the games that have come out since 2016 and will come out in the near future, it is absolutely worth it.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
What exactly is bad about it? It looked pretty fun from the bried videos I watched.

Dumb AI and shitty combat design which assumes you are retard. Which is cardinal sin for me.
It might not be for you if you just like to fuck around in VR.
Couldn't disagree more on both points. Did you play the game on easy? I went through on hard and for the first time ever, the Combine were actually intimidating down to even the basic metrocops. The Overwatch units are genuinely terrifying too.

The combat encounters are definitely lower volume but keep in mind you're playing a 20 year old girl and it picks up as they start realizing that they've been underestimating her in the trainyard section shortly before and after the talking woman.

OctavianRomulus

Learned
Half Life: Alyx is GOTY 2020 for me. It's one of the most mind-blowing "AAA" games VR has to offer so far. AI and combat design is also perfectly fine: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...tween-hl1-and-hl2.130792/page-31#post-6617321
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...tween-hl1-and-hl2.130792/page-28#post-6612869

It's not anything like a "Walking Simulator" beyond the first level introducing the world, which is the same in Half Life 1 and Half Life 2. If anything you can reproach the game that once it starts earnestly on the second level there isn't much exposition in the latter levels anymore aside from things you hear over your headset, but you're drug through metro tunnels, sewers, warehouses and later also get to some more impressive looking environments like hotels, factories and a zoo with a few stints through apartment complexes, having to dispatch a variety of enemies along the way. It would probably have benefited from a bit of variety with one or two levels more resembling the first somewhere in there. Perkel is a bit "Special", he spends his time in VR seemingly solely emulating old games and using his various HMDs as essentially a replacement monitor or TV, turning up his nose at anything unique VR has to offer and dreaming about his perfect "game", Star Citizen... which definitely isn't a "Walking Simulator". I'm not sure if he even played Alyx.

Nevertheless I could never recommend anyone to get a "Quest", a device that can essentially become useless or bricked and make you lose all your games because a bot at Facebook decided to block your account for whatever reason (maybe it decided you aren't "authentic"/or you used a "bad word"?) and you need to connect it with your mobile phone and real name to even be able to use it in the first place. And you can only play PC games streamed to it as compressed video (either via USB via Link or Wirelessly using something like Virtual Desktop) and have no direct video link for uncompressed data transfer. A lot of people swear on it being "good enough" although I'm not sure if they have anything else to compare it with, I personally wouldn't do it if all you care about is PCVR. And if you use it Wirelessly there's also that thing about having to recharge it every 2 hours of playtime and all the various other "concerns".

Also getting any device for a single game is probably not the best idea, so if your question was "Is it worth getting VR for <game>?" the answer would probably be "No." But if you like VR in general, have a broader view of what it has to offer and are into some of the genres that have found themselves on VR devices and want to play various of the games that have come out since 2016 and will come out in the near future, it is absolutely worth it.

Thanks for the detailed response! What headset is reasonable for this game then? Are there any other VR games worth playing? I mean there is Doom 3 but that is really all I know. I really wish there were more AAA VR games to justify the hefty price tag.

I was born in the 90s but I love reading how Doom, Quake and Half Life changed the gaming industry forever and and how people were blown away and I'd like to go through that as well. Is Alyx in VR anything like experiencing something like that for the first time?

EDIT: Just tool a quick glance on Google and found out there are companies and individuals renting VR headsets. So far just in my capital city but I'm moving there anyway. Might be worth checking around your areas if you are interested too.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
What headset is reasonablly for this game then?
HL: Alyx was designed with the Valve Index in mind and has a few marginal features like finger tracking or squeezing the controller to squeeze objects that work best with it. Aside from the Development Kits I personally went from Rift CV1/Vive (where I actually preferred the Rift) to an Index keeping the Vive Lighthouses. At the moment the most relevant Headsets are the Index (most expensive and feature complete, highest refresh rate at up to 144Hz, best integrated sound solution, best tracking), the HP Reverb G2 (priced between Index and Quest2, highest resolution overall, sound in cooperation with Valve, unfortunately uses WMR camera-based inside out Tracking that can lead to issues tracking the Controllers/your hands) or the Quest2 (cheapest, Mobile, all the kids get it and are at Facebook's mercy and whimsy).

Are there any other VR games worth playing? I mean there is Doom 3 but that is really all I know. I really wish there were more AAA VR games to justify the hefty price tag.
VR is not quite the place for "AAA Experiences" yet, since the market is not large enough to support them unaided, they're usually funded by the parties involved in the market on the Hardware side like Facebook/SONY or Valve, but aside from Half Life: Alyx you've still got stuff like Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, Star Wars: Squadrons, Asgard's Wrath or Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond (which was considered a weak entry after release). And there's always ports like Skyrim VR/Fallout 4 VR, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice or Mods for games like DOOM 3 (soon likely with an Official version) or Alien: Isolation. PSVR has stuff like Resident Evil VII and Hitman 3, but they're not out on PC yet (with PSVR2 coming out next year). There's also upcoming AssCreed and Splinter Cell VR games by UbiSoft, but it's not quite sure if they're only "Mobile" Quest titles yet.

There's also a lot of "AA" games like Moss, Stormland, Edge of Nowhere, Chronos, Phantom: Covert Ops, Robo Recall etc.

It really depends what you're looking for though.

If you're into Sim Racing/Flight Simulators/Space Sims it's indispensable, and the highest resolution to be able to see all the knobs and UI text and symbols helps a lot. For Sim Racing you've got stuff like Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Project CARS 1-3, Dirt Rally 1+2, Automobilista 2, RaceRoom, iRacing, Euro Truck Simulator 2 etc.
For Flight/Space Sims you've got stuff like DCS World, IL-2 Sturmovik, X-Plane 11, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Elite: Dangerous, Project Wingman or No Man's Sky.

If you like Exploration/Puzzle Adventure games you've got stuff like Lone Echo, Robinson: The Journey, Red Matter, Wilson's Heart, Dead Secret or ports of games like Obduction, The Solus Project, The Talos Principle VR, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter VR and Upcoming ones like Firmament and the Remake for Myst to VR.

If you're into Multiplayer Shooters or a gun-nut there's shit like Pavlov/Contractors/Zero Caliber/Onward (had a major Downgrade because of Mobile VR), H3VR (Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades) or maybe Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.

If you want to fuck around for a bit or stab things there's stuff like Blade&Sorcery/GORN, Superhot VR or Boneworks.

If you want to play something new there's games like The Climb (Mountain Climbing Sim), Tethered (the closest thing to a Black&White in VR), Paper Beast (a exploration experience by Eric Chahi), Star Trek: Bridge Crew (does what it says, you command a Star Trek spaceship from the bridge), Eagle Flight (an Arcade bird flight game where you turn by moving your neck), Brass Tactics (an interesting VR RTS game) etc.

Also lots of Rhythm games I'm personally not much into like Beat Saber, Audioshield, Audica, OhShape, Pistol Whip and various other "Fitness Games" like Thrill of the Fight or CREED: Rise to Glory if you like Boxing.

You could also use Emulators like Dolphin VR to play Wii games in VR or use software like VorpX to inject VR support into games that don't natively support it but it's finicky, usually doesn't work quite right and requires quite a lot of fucking around for a somewhat mediocre experience using a Controller or Mouse&Keyboard to play. This is Perkel's preferred method of playing VR for some reason, you can even get stuff like Cyberpunk 2077 to run in VR that way.

There's lots of smaller and less known titles, there were new Trailers for about ~12 new games in the past few weeks posted itt, but it's usually not the stuff you'll hear blaring out of every Twitch Streamers ass or see on the side of buses in London or Paris.

For instance even if you're looking for Niche genre stuff like Dungeon Crawlers in VR, there's Dreadhalls, Karnage Chronicles, Mage's Tale, Witching Tower, VR Dungeon Knight, Crystal Rift, the Port of Operencia: The Stolen Sun or the Upcoming Stones of Harlath.

For RTS there's stuff like Brass Tactics, AirMech Command, Skyworld, Tethered, BattleGroupVR or Tactera.

I was born in the 90s but I love reading how Doom, Quake and Half Life changed the gaming industry forever and and how people were blown away and I'd like to go through that as well. Is Alyx in VR anything like experiencing something like that for the first time?

EDIT: Just tool a quick glance on Google and found out there are companies and individuals renting VR headsets. So far just in my capital city but I'm moving there anyway. Might be worth checking around your areas if you are interested too.
If you've never experienced VR before and play Half Life: Alyx as one of the first times, and given you don't have any problems with Motion Sickness you'll definitely remember that. There's a certain "WOW factor" and novelty with VR that will last for a few weeks, but especially for the first few days will feel magical. After that you'll still have the wonder of being inside a game world and being able to explore some Sci-Fi world/strange planet or looking up and seeing a dinosaur that appears to be 10x taller than you and interacting with the game world or manipulating it directly in various ways, but you'll get used to it and lose that "WOW factor" after a while.

Also you'll need a relatively beefy PC for a lot of these with a decent CPU and a recent graphics card (at least or preferably better than a 1080) that can render these games at at least 2880x1600/3664x1920 with 90FPS/Hz. But the sky's the limit here since the Valve Index for instance has a 144Hz Mode and higher resolutions downsampled to a Headsets native one usually helps with clarity. This is exacerbated if you want to get something like the Quest2, because your GPU doesn't just have to render, but also has to Live Encode on the fly.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
https://uploadvr.com/xbox-vr-support-message/
Xbox Series X/S Message May Have Leaked VR Support – Report
51091140e2a838a57e95f615164ca5d4

Jamie Feltham
March 16, 2021

An unexpected message appearing on the Xbox Series X/S platform may allude to possible VR support for the consoles in the future.

IGN Italy is reporting that, when trying to install the new Xbox Wireless Headset on the platform, they were greeted with a message that translates from Italian to: “An update for the VR headset is available” with additional text telling users to “Update VR headset”. The report includes an image, which we’ve posted below. The report only specifies that the message appears on the “Xbox Series X/S operating system, and doesn’t specify why device is being used.

We’ve reached out to Microsoft to clarify the message.

Xbox VR Support May Have Leaked

Could Microsoft have just leaked VR support for Xbox? Perhaps, but it’s also very possible it’s erroneous wording on Microsoft’s part and that the ‘VR’ part is a typo. The term headset can be interchangeable between VR and audio headphones, after all.

Still, Microsoft’s Xbox VR plans have been a mystery for some time. At one point the company stated that its upgraded Xbox One, the Xbox One X, could support “high fidelity VR”, but the device shipped without any such support. In the run up to launch of the Series X/S, Xbox boss Phil Spencer said that the consoles wouldn’t support VR, but did hope that it would one day be a “no brainer” to include the feature.

Over in the PC space, Microsoft produces a line of Windows VR headsets in partnership with other companies, the most recent of which being the HP Reverb G2. A store listing did say the device supported the Xbox, but HP quickly debunked the claim, saying it had no plans for integration.

Still, with Oculus Quest 2 continuing to gain steam and Sony committing to a second generation of VR on PS5 – has Microsoft’s attitude towards VR changed?

Dexter

Arcane
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...ee-games-to-download-this-spring/#sf244024254
Play at Home 2021 update: 10 free games to download this Spring
80 0
16x9_ALL.jpg

Download free indie games and PS VR games starting March 25. And get ready: PS4 blockbuster Horizon Zero Dawn will be free for a limited time starting April 19.

unnamed-file-46.png

Jim Ryan President & CEO, Sony Interactive Entertainment
Hi again! Last month we revealed our new Play at Home program for 2021, which aims to provide the PlayStation community with free games and entertainment offers to make the next few months a little more fun.

The program kicked off earlier this month with access to a free digital copy of the 2016 hit Ratchet & Clank for PS4 — and you can still claim a free digital copy of the game through March 31, 2021 at 8pm PDT* / April 1 at 4am BST / 5am CEST.

Now, let’s talk about the next Play at Home content drop, which hits March 25! This time our focus is a selection of free games from some of our top independent partners, and the previously announced extended trial offer for Funimation (or Wakanim) in the countries where they are available.

[...]

We’re also proud to serve up a selection of free PlayStation VR games*** starting on March 25:

Astro Bot Rescue Mission
Get a whole new perspective on platform games, thanks to PlayStation VR, in this daring rescue operation. Take control of Astro in a massive adventure to rescue his crew, where the PS VR headset puts you right in the thick of the action. Judge every jump with accuracy and be curious – there are lots of secrets to discover in your daring quest.

42024233251_0cbbb073f7_h.jpg

Moss
Moss is a single-player action-adventure puzzle game and new IP from Polyarc tailor-made for the VR platform. In Moss, players meet Quill, a young mouse with dreams of greatness beyond the confines of her settlement. While exploring the woods, she finds a mysterious Glass Relic and an ancient magic is awakened.

Thumper
Thumper is rhythm violence: classic rhythm-action, blistering speed, and brutal physicality. You are a space beetle. Brave the hellish void and confront a maniacal giant head from the future. Every crushing impact is interwoven with a pounding original soundtrack. To reach synesthetic bliss, you must go through rhythm hell.

Paper Beast
Experience a dreamlike odyssey in virtual reality. Discover a wild ecosystem, born from lost Internet data. Be the first to explore a world inhabited by exotic and surprising creatures, and shape your environment to overcome obstacles and puzzles. Unravel the mysteries of Paper Beast, a game born from the imagination of Eric Chahi (Another World, From Dust).

This amazing selection of PS4 games and PS VR games will be available for free download from March 25 8:00pm PT / March 26 03:00 GMT / 04:00 CET to April 22 8:00pm PT / April 23 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST.

Venser

Erudite
Next-gen VR on PS5: the new controller

03_withnotice.jpg

Stronger immersion with adaptive triggers, haptic feedback, finger-touch detection and more.

Hideaki NishinoSenior Vice President, Platform Planning & Management
Following the recent reveal of our next-generation virtual reality system for PS5, I’m excited to unveil more details about the new controller that will play a critical role in providing gamers with the VR experience we’re working to deliver. Our new VR controller speaks to our mission of achieving a much deeper sense of presence and stronger feeling of immersion in VR experiences. It will build upon the innovation we introduced with the DualSense wireless controller, which changed how games “feel” on PS5 by unlocking a new way to tap into the sense of touch. Now we’re bringing that innovation to VR gaming.

Design
The first thing you’ll notice with our next-gen VR controller is the unique design, which takes on an “orb” shape that allows you to hold the controller naturally, while playing with a high degree of freedom. There are no constraints with how you’re moving your hands, providing developers with the ability to create unique gameplay experiences.

We also designed the new controller with great ergonomics in mind, so it’s well-balanced and comfortable to hold in each of your hands. We applied learnings from testing users with a range of hand sizes, as well as the decades of insights from controllers across all PlayStation platforms. The result is an iconic design that will change how VR games are played.

Features
The new VR controller enables players to feel and interact with games in a much more visceral way. There are several features, including key features from the DualSense controller, which match our vision for what next-generation VR games can be.

● Adaptive triggers: Each VR controller (Left and Right) includes an adaptive trigger button that adds palpable tension when pressed, similar to what’s found in the DualSense controller. If you’ve played a PS5 game, you’ll be familiar with the tension in the L2 or R2 buttons when you press them, such as when you’re drawing your bow to fire an arrow. When you take that kind of mechanic and apply it to VR, the experience is amplified to the next level.

● Haptic feedback: The new controller will have haptic feedback optimized for its form factor, making every sensation in the game world more impactful, textured and nuanced. When you’re traversing through rocky desert or trading blows in melee combat, you’ll feel the difference, magnifying the extraordinary visual and audio experience that’s so central to VR.

● Finger touch detection: The controller can detect your fingers without any pressing in the areas where you place your thumb, index, or middle fingers. This enables you to make more natural gestures with your hands during gameplay.

● Tracking: The VR controller is tracked by the new VR headset through a tracking ring across the bottom of the controller.

● Action buttons / analog sticks: The Left controller contains one analog stick, the triangle and square buttons, a “grip” button (L1), trigger button (L2) and Create button. The Right controller contains one analog stick, the cross and circle buttons, a “grip” button (R1), trigger button (R2) and Options button. The “grip” button can be used to pick up in-game objects, as one example.

SIE’s Product, Engineering, and Design teams have collaborated to build our new VR controller from the ground up with a goal of making a huge leap from current-gen VR gaming. We’re thrilled with the controller we developed, but what matters now is how game creators will take advantage of the features to design the next generation of VR experiences. Prototypes of our new VR controller will be in the hands of the development community soon, and we can’t wait to see what ideas they come up with and how the controller helps bring their imagination to life!

There’s still much more to share about the next-generation of VR on PS5. On behalf of all of us at SIE, I want to thank you for taking this journey with us!

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/18/next-gen-vr-on-ps5-the-new-controller/

Venser

Erudite
Love the spherical design instead of the large clunky rings that bump into each other and get in the way while you're reloading. It kinda looks like you're wearing boxing gloves, which is cool. I just wished it would have Index like hand straps.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Lots of VR titles on Sale here: https://www.greenmangaming.com/de/sale/sht-just-got-real/

Some other VR Mods:
DOOM 3 BFG: http://github.com/KozGit/DOOM-3-BFG-VR/
Alien: Isolation: https://github.com/Nibre/MotherVR/
GTA V: https://github.com/LukeRoss00/gta5-real-mod
Morrowind/OpenMW: https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw
Outer Wilds: https://github.com/Raicuparta/nomai-vr
Risk of Rain 2: https://thunderstore.io/package/DrBibop/VRMod/
MechWarrior 5: https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/531
The Dark Mod VR: https://github.com/fholger/thedarkmodvr
GZDoom VR: https://github.com/hh79/gzdoomvr https://github.com/ajantaju/br_vr
Brutal Doom VR Weapons: https://github.com/ajantaju/br_vr
Quake VR: https://github.com/SuperV1234/quakevr
Quake 2 VR: https://github.com/dghost/quake2vr
Wolfenstein 3D VR: https://further-beyond.itch.io/wolf3dvr
X-Wing Alliance: https://www.xwaupgrade.com/index.php?action=downloads
Subnautica: Below Zero: https://www.nexusmods.com/subnauticabelowzero/mods/118
Kerbal Space Program: https://github.com/Vivero/Kerbal-VR
Firewatch: https://github.com/Eusth/FirewatchVR
Team Fortress 2: https://pinkmilkproductions.itch.io/virtual-fortress-2
Duke Nukem 3D: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1432570016
I am Setsuna: https://github.com/Eusth/IkenieVR
League of Legends: https://github.com/Jannify/LOLVR
Yooka-Laylee: https://github.com/Eusth/VookaRaylee
Valheim: https://www.nexusmods.com/valheim/mods/847
GTFO: https://github.com/DSprtn/GTFO_VR_Plugin
VR HUD Mod for No Man's Sky: https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/1563

Dolphin VR Emulator (Wii/Gamecube games in VR): https://dolphinvr.wordpress.com/downloads/ <-- This is an older Version of Dolphin that works based on the Oculus SDK, support might be merged into Dolphin proper via OpenXR at some point when they find a competent C++ coder to do it
Virtual Boy Emulator (VBJin): https://github.com/braindx/vbjin-ovr

Last edited:

A horse of course

Lots of VR titles on Sale here: https://www.greenmangaming.com/de/sale/sht-just-got-real/

Some other VR Mods:
DOOM 3 BFG: http://github.com/KozGit/DOOM-3-BFG-VR/
Alien: Isolation: https://github.com/Nibre/MotherVR/
GTA V: https://github.com/LukeRoss00/gta5-real-mod
ES: Morrowind/OpenMW: https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw
Outer Wilds: https://github.com/Raicuparta/nomai-vr
Risk of Rain 2: https://thunderstore.io/package/DrBibop/VRMod/
The Dark Mod VR: https://github.com/fholger/thedarkmodvr
X-Wing Alliance: https://www.xwaupgrade.com/index.php?action=downloads
Subnautica: Below Zero: https://www.nexusmods.com/subnauticabelowzero/mods/118
Kerbal Space Program: https://github.com/Vivero/Kerbal-VR
Firewatch: https://github.com/Eusth/FirewatchVR
Team Fortress 2: https://pinkmilkproductions.itch.io/virtual-fortress-2
Duke Nukem 3D: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1432570016
I am Setsuna: https://github.com/Eusth/IkenieVR
League of Legends: https://github.com/Jannify/LOLVR
Yooka-Laylee: https://github.com/Eusth/VookaRaylee

Dolphin VR Emulator (Wii/Gamecube games in VR): https://dolphinvr.wordpress.com/downloads/ <-- This is an older Version of Dolphin that works based on the Oculus SDK, support might be merged into Dolphin proper via OpenXR at some point when they find a competent C++ coder to do it
Virtual Boy Emulator (VBJin): https://github.com/braindx/vbjin-ovr

Meh, DarkDreams already makes Linkle porn.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012

BRO THE QUEST 2 WILL BE MANY FUNS

I SORTA AGREE WITH GENERAL SENTINEBT ON ALYX

NOT REALLY AWESOME GAME BUT IT WILL SHOW OFF GREAT PARTS OF VR AND GIVE YOU A HINT OF HOW IT CAN BE AMAZING

Dexter

Arcane
Btw. Skyrim VR is supposedly also slowly turning into an actual Full Feature VR game, not because Bethesda or the port studio they hired to develop the VR version kept at it implementing features, but because Modders are still at it improving the game.

Earlier this year a Mod released for better physical hand interaction and being able to pick up and handle objects that also introduced Half Life: Alyx's hand-flicking gesture to pick up objects from afar: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/43930
Hand Interaction and Gravity Gloves for Skyrim (HIGGS) VR adds some much-needed VR mechanics to Skyrim VR. This mod:
  • Adds collision to the player's hands
  • Lets you pick up and throw objects with both hands (actually hold them in your hands, as opposed to the springy distant grab that exists in the vanilla game), and put them into your inventory by placing them over your shoulder
  • Lets you pull objects towards you with gravity gloves-style mechanics.
  • Lets you pick up and move bodies, which is a feature missing from the base game
  • Lets you loot armor off of bodies by pulling it off

Earlier today someone released a map+compass combo to be able to bypass the ingame map screen: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47174
47174-1616086894-1561399409.jpeg

47174-1616446519-1461125182.gif

There's several Guides here: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/
They have some sort of Google Docs Master document that is being updated: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qbh7GE30xLyso7MA6u3xpNJNdL5r2V2WP8SjZ4VpHLQ/

A horse of course

Do any of the SkyrimVR mods actually make melee wombat remotely entertaining?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom