Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
If a leftist becomes a vampire does it grow a brain?
If a post-op transwoman becomes a vampire does their dick grow back?
Only if xir asks someone versed in Vicissitude very nicely.
IIRC the back cover of one of the earlier Tzimisce books has someone with a vagina on their face. Making neo-vagina fuckholes is considered positively plebian to the Fiends.

Of course we consider it plebian. But if you come to us and the payment you offer is good...

Vatnik Wumao
If rightoids knew how to write in the first place, they would have dominated the industry.
And why would a rightoid of the evil Fourth Reich actually want to work on the gaming industry as a writer in the first place? That is bottom of the barrel shit and a terrible deal, you get no money for the priviledge of ending on obscurity that is the destiny of Avellone and Brian, ironically, we evil people of the Fourth Reich that they despise so much are one of the few groups that actually know about their past work even from when they were even more obscure than they are now. Most lefties on Twitter were too busy destroying Avellone's reputation and pretending his work never existed based on vague allegations with zero proof, so yeah, great "allies" leftoids have.

Actually, Brian and Avellone are cases of success, most English Lits end as bartenders on minimum wage. Nobody will cheer for mister electrical engineer or mister plumber but with social media becoming a toxic cesspool of mental derangement, not even that is a given anymore, so you risk losing years of working experience and end as an unemployable bartender, if you are successful, nobody gives a shit about your work for the most part and you barely retain a job for long, and the few that reach "success", they might end cancelled because your girlfriend from 10 years ago said you were a shitty boyfriend with your work valuing absolutely zero. Dear God, wanting to work on Derangementville is suicidal.

The only reason I care about the writing on the gaming industry, isnt because I want to be a writer in there or because I care about the gaming industry, no, Im not that retarded and I dont wish that on my enemies but because unfortunately I like videogames and I'm the consumer of Derangementville, dunno for how long with the ways things go, thinking hard into finding another hobby.

TLDR: Sour grapes

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
In V5, the Masquerade has already been semi-breached globally and many government and para-government agencies are fully aware of the existence of Vampires and are actively hunting them down. Dumb Vampires have a lifespan even shorter than before, i.e. they get dusted off right after the first mistake.
If there is one downside to VtMB, it's that you can't play as a vampire hunter.
And I don't give a fuck if the game's called Vampire or if hunters are also unplayable in pen & paper.
I WANNA DRIVE MOTHERFUCKING STAKES THROUGH MOTHERFUCKING VAMPIRE HEARTS GODDAMN IT!

Vincente

Arbiter
In V5, the Masquerade has already been semi-breached globally and many government and para-government agencies are fully aware of the existence of Vampires and are actively hunting them down. Dumb Vampires have a lifespan even shorter than before, i.e. they get dusted off right after the first mistake.
If there is one downside to VtMB, it's that you can't play as a vampire hunter.
And I don't give a fuck if the game's called Vampire or if hunters are also unplayable in pen & paper.
I WANNA DRIVE MOTHERFUCKING STAKES THROUGH MOTHERFUCKING VAMPIRE HEARTS GODDAMN IT!

Wesp5 's mod Prequel lets you play as a vampire hunter, and if that doesnt satisfy you, you can play as a Dante-traced Hunter in Hunter the Vigil.

images

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
I ain't a big mod guy, but I'll definitely try that one out when I inevitably install VtMB again.
After I'm done with Underrail and PFKM...
:negative:

Caim

Arcane
Wesp5's mod Prequel lets you play as a vampire hunter, and if that doesnt satisfy you, you can play as a Dante-traced Hunter in Hunter the Vigil.

images
I prefer to play as a Frank or Dee Reynolds-traced Hunter in Hunter: The Vigil. The "main" city of Vigil is Philadelphia, after all.

I5sFgGX.png

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

They didn't get killed, they were murdured! There's a difference, you know...

Is this why modern gaming's writing is so bad compared to oldschool games? It's just a bouncing around of narrative failures that go from one game to the next... and nothing gets improved, no one learns anything, everything just stays stagnant or declines.

It's always hilarious that these narrative leads (who have several thousands of titles mid-senior-level-senior-graphic novel writer, low-senior-senior-upper-managementmanegementaldjsljfsa writer) are always the first people axed. Sad that Mitsoda put his gloves in with that narrative team. The dude actually has talent, but he's getting treated like the rest of those hacks.

Codex Year of the Donut
Is this why modern gaming's writing is so bad compared to oldschool games? It's just a bouncing around of narrative failures that go from one game to the next... and nothing gets improved, no one learns anything, everything just stays stagnant or declines.
This applies to a lot more than video game writing. People prioritizing hiring friends or friends of friends is how so many companies are full of professional failures.

mondblut

Arcane
3/4 main writers have pronouns in their bios, this Jordan guy being the sole exception.

Boy, I really wonder what the overall tone and themes of the game were going to be prior to them getting the axe. I guess it's a mystery we will never unravel.

Some mysteries are better left unraveled, lest they unravel your mind.

Anyone who includes Dragon Age 2 on a list of favorite games is a fraud.

Or just violently retarded

How about a causally casual retard? Still smashable at that level of retard, who knows the D may even cure the tard... Unless said female is a Danger Hair or landwhale, no hope there.

BTW, any news on the next dev, did I miss that or is PDX still searching?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
3/4 main writers have pronouns in their bios, this Jordan guy being the sole exception.

Boy, I really wonder what the overall tone and themes of the game were going to be prior to them getting the axe. I guess it's a mystery we will never unravel.

Some mysteries are better left unraveled, lest they unravel your mind.
You mean, Bloodlines 2 writing will have a quality of lovecraftian forbidden knowledge to it?
Impressive!

Flying Dutchman

Learned
*Insert Palpatine rubbing his hands*

Was going to make a shitty Star Wars joke about the Paradox situation:

Hopeful Bloodlines 2 player: Is it possible to make Bloodlines 2?
Palpatine: Not from a Jedi/Hardsuit.

Yeah, lame, ha ha but while looking for the exact quote, got distracted by how actually shitty the extracted dialogue from Revenge of the Sith was:

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Chancellor.
Anakin Skywalker: Are you all right?
Chancellor Palpatine: [looking behind them] Count Dooku. [Maybe he was just expressing he needed to go to the bathroom.]
Obi-Wan: This time, we'll do it together. [Wait till Padme finds out about this Jedi on Jedi action]
Anakin: I was about to say that. [Dialogue that does not move the plot forward should be cut?]
Palpatine: Get help. You're no match for him, he's a Sith Lord.
Obi-Wan: [turns and smiles] Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords are our speciality. [We've fought so many and my mentor got killed by one! Our track record is great!]
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Obi-Wan: You won't get away this time, Dooku. [I can't believe I'm saying "Dooku." Also, Dooku isn't trying to get away...?]
Dooku: I've been looking forward to this. [This = Christopher Lee's paycheck, and I'm outta here!]
Anakin: My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count. [Anakin is so good at math with metric-based powers like the Force!]
Dooku: Good. Twice the pride, double the fall. [Food commercial vibes.]

Jesussssss Christ.

Anyway back to the topic: There's been reports "half the studio" that is Hardsuit got laid off, but only saw the writers and producer.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
The janitors are probably unionized and get to stay.

I think the janitors were already laid off when COVID started and there was no reason for anyone to clean their offices.

Although, if Hardsuit rents office space (?), they probably don't hire their own janitor, so strangely, the janitors actually have more job security than most Hardsuit employees.

Semiurge

Cipher
Fun bit of trivia, seeking consent when you feed gains you the perk consensualist, which boosts your humanity score by one. However the Vampire will also inevitably receive the dark secret flaw, masquerade breacher.

The "breach" would be very case specific. It's true that not many pros get johns that want to suck their blood, but nothing in that suggests the paranormal. More likely they'll simply be denied service for being sickos, a potential job hazard.

Shit like Rudi's Army makes me think that leftards aren't trying to subvert/destroy classic franchises like Star Trek or Star Wars on purpose. They are just fundamentally incapable of writing anything good. The biggest issue is that leftists who created these classics actually cared about people, while modern leftards are only concerned with LARPing as super-heroes.

That's the impression I get also, most of them are basically anti-social weirdos who only care about the acceptance of their own kind, and they secretly hate everyone else. They do not help others out of pure goodness, but in order to be (finally) accepted, to feel complete within.

Now, as you mention, that wasn't always the case, there have been leftist writer that did manage to make the content palatable to audiences in the past, but that was when the left still hadn't achieved the level of dominance in popular culture they have nowadays.

Some of the progressive stuff in Star Trek TOS was greeted with confusion and rage from test audiences, like the woman officer from the pilot episode. In that case the bad reception came from women, how things have changed! :lol:

If a leftist becomes a vampire does it grow a brain?

Being sired should always be a reduction of character, nothing is added. A vampire is a soulless, one-dimensional husk, no more than a demon really.

Why the fuck would anyone want to embrace them ?

Sabbat always needs more shovelheads :smug:

Vatnik Wumao
Masquerade breacher is a bit more serious than that. The whore might begin to blab about the sicko john to her friends, with word getting back to rivals in the camarilla or second inquisition about the weirdo who sucks blood. The whore might also decide not to let the vampire feed any longer, causing a potential chimp out from the vampire.

Semiurge

Cipher
Masquerade breacher is a bit more serious than that. The whore might begin to blab about the sicko john to her friends, with word getting back to rivals in the camarilla or second inquisition about the weirdo who sucks blood. The whore might also decide not to let the vampire feed any longer, causing a potential chimp out from the vampire.

Getting consent seems much more likely to breach masquerade, come to think of it. It implies that the human in question is aware that you mean to ingest their blood. The tradition of vampires biting strangers without consent is no better of course, realistically they should never actually bite anyone, for it invites the worst kind of suspicion. There are less suspicious ways of extracting someone's blood against their will, but biting has become a staple of vampire lore because of the fangs. Do victims of vampire bites in WoD suffer some kind of amnesia, perhaps? That still leaves those bite marks though. Don't tell me WoD vamps must bite in order to gain vitae's full benefits...

Vatnik Wumao

Getting consent seems much more likely to breach masquerade, come to think of it. It implies that the human in question is aware that you mean to ingest their blood. The tradition of vampires biting strangers without consent is no better of course, realistically they should never actually bite anyone, for it invites the worst kind of suspicion. There are less suspicious ways of extracting someone's blood against their will, but biting has become a staple of vampire lore because of the fangs. Do victims of vampire bites in WoD suffer some kind of amnesia, perhaps? That still leaves those bite marks though. Don't tell me WoD vamps must bite in order to gain vitae's full benefits...

In wod a vampire can lick the bite wound, healing it immediately. Many humans also experience euphoria when being fed upon, unless the vampire has a flaw like blunt fangs, then the feeding causes immense pain. Vampires feed by biting mainly because of the joy they experience. Its one of the few ways a vampire can experience emotion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom