Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, took me awhile to make connection between Show Location Names (should default to on, but doesn’t) and the Exclamation Marks. When I did I noticed there was one for Ekun and Jub so assumed the backwards default was to blame.

Stop making yourself miserable, Yosh. I know more about the game because I play it too much because I washed out of my career. Nothing to be proud of and none intended.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If it is not a reddit day then it is a day of ADHD afflicted.

1. The main hero has no reason to doubt the Guardian of the Bloom (this is how the nymph is known at this moment). A beautiful nymph came to the hero in dreams, the hero fulfilled her task, saved her, and now expects a reward - a just reward.
2. Then the nymph appears in the capital of a newly minted barony and promises just that - a reward. She even invites the hero into her chambers!
3. Only the main hero sees the nymph. I think it is mentioned at some point; here I might be wrong, though.
4. The warning and the piece of advice about potions is written not by a hero, but by Linzi. The game journal is her book. She did not see the nymph, so she is rightfully cautious.

Also, there are no marks where Ekun and Jubilost appear, but there is a clear task for the baron: find the lair of the trolls which is suppoaed to be somewhere to the south (or the south-west, I do not remember). I think it is almost impossible to miss both locations if the player actually goes to the south and tries to find the trolls - as a responsible ruler would do - instead of wondering aimlessly across the map.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I think quest marks is the second worst human invention after the foundation of the US. I remember how I was looking for a specific place in Morrowind using the directions from an NPC. It was fun, and it was natural; that's how people used to navigate for most of their existence.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I think it is almost impossible to miss both locations if the player actually goes to the south and tries to find the trolls - as a responsible ruler would do - instead of wondering aimlessly across the map.
Didn't miss Jubilost myself, but to be fair, a lot of people would've already visited the map where you find him before Ch. 2 starts proper (i.e. before he spawns), and thus wouldn't bother going there again. Place is right there next to your capital.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Funny thing is I read up on where the companions were since I don't have the time to play games blind anymore. We mostly played them blind before because we couldn't afford to call the hint line or wait for the clue book, though it was a part of the fun unbeknownst to us.

Efe

Erudite
If you're going to trigger him, make it 1monk, 2 pal, 2 thug. if nature oracle cha ac is in cotw, add that too.
rest on sword and shield str SS.

I got irked by my Varnhold MC ending up as an NPC in my Kingmaker tavern. I had given it a name like, "FIGHT BOW v3a" since I was testing builds. Let's just say that name didn't jive with the local immersion inspector.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
1. The main hero has no reason to doubt the Guardian of the Bloom (this is how the nymph is known at this moment). A beautiful nymph came to the hero in dreams, the hero fulfilled her task, saved her, and now expects a reward - a just reward.

I don't agree with this. There are several instances beforehand hinting that there is more to the nymph that meets the eye.

First instance that pops up in my mind is when you were at the old hut; the place where you saw visions on how Stag Lord's Father maltreated him and the ensuing trauma that made the Bandit king the way he was. And later when you meet the nymph and talk to her and if you have Regongar or Jaethal with you, either one of them would've made a remark essentially telling you not to trust this mysterious figure. (Regongar tells you it is not a friend while Jaethal warns you the reason it is presenting itself unto you and only you because it may have a hidden agenda)

Second instance I can remember happens at the climax of the prologue: the fight against the stag lord and his cronies. The dialogue that pops ups the moment you have depleted the bandit king's hp and 'killed' him. Three options would've been presented unto you:

1. Gloat at him by mocking and belittling him.
2. Tell him his death is necessary because the stolen lands can only have one ruler.
3. Sympathize with him because of the abuse he endured from his father probably pushed him to be the way he is but at the same time, say that his trauma does not excuse all the horrible atrocities committed by him and by those operating under him.

Choose option 3 and he would've told you that he does not need any sympathy and that, "he will wait for her, his queen"

Third instance is when you entered the personal cabin(?) of the deceased Stag lord (some short moments after you've just finished him off), the note you got after placing a herb in the personal stash of Nugrah the druid/Stag Lord's father (that you ended up killing in self defense) would say something about his son in a fit of drunkeness would beat him up after ranting about a queen that would not meet his son anymore

*Other instances that I personally do not 100% ascribed to or did not experienced in my playthrough but have been made known to me through other sources:

1. The pendant the nymph's gave to you if you've been nice enough to her through dialogue options purportedly looks like the broken pendant you got from the Stag lord's corpse.

2. If you've convinced the bandit woman, who is the half sister of Oleg's wife, to turn against the Stag Lord and ally with you instead, one of her lines supposedly makes mentioned of a queen that the Stag Lord pined for but tells you that she is not sure that the queen even existed and suspects that she is just a figment of the Stag Lord's imagination.

3. There are two beds in the Stag Lord's bedroom, if you've clicked on the observe(?) icon placed on top of the left one, it will say that it has not been used for a long time, hinting about the existence of a queen that abandoned the bandit king for some unspecified amount of time.

KateMicucci

Arcane
I was looking forward to having Octavia join my party. Then she had to kiss the orc. She's ruined now. Once you go green you better not be seen.

Sykar

Arcane
I was looking forward to having Octavia join my party. Then she had to kiss the orc. She's ruined now. Once you go green you better not be seen.

511.png

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I thought InEffect prefers Str?
He offers DEX SS with falcata as a main hero for the DLC. I played through the game with this build on Hard, and it was quite fun, at least for me.

Starting goblins took some reloads, though - and it was difficult for me to decide when to use SS buffs, so several times I rested with all of them unused.

Alrik

Educated
Wait! It's possible to convince Oleg's sister in law to abandon the Stag Lord???
>outs himself as never having played a good aligned character
neither have I
will probably try LG if I ever replay KM though

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Does this game have the best rtwp combat ever? There are about 5 games with not-shit combat (including both rtwp and tb), so I'm wondering if it's worth playing for that. IWD2 was amazing in concept but sucked in execution. Is this one better?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom