Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Loop Hero

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
played the demo, utter garbage game. watching numbers increase isnt addictive or fun

JesusJoeBiden.png

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Patch note from 02.17:
• add Stamina mechanic for hero (it is spent on attacks and dodges of the hero, but it is restored gradually)
• fixed the Hungry Grove - it should be placed only with living forests, and not with their own kind
• many other bugfixes

Patch note from 02.15:
• many bugfixes

Patch note from 02.11:
• fixed game crashes when changing languages or fonts (I really hope)
• the game is now paused in the expedition if you minimize the window
• The herbalist now gives the correct amount of potions
• The 'Supplies' perk works correctly, before it worked twice
• high-resolution fonts now also write small numbers everywhere (except for a couple of places)
• Fixes of many bugs that were found by the community

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Currently playing the demo.

Enjoying it so far, still trying to figure out how to leverage tiles to defeat the boss, but maybe I just need to gather materials and upgrade my base camp first?

Metronome

Learned
It looks pretty interesting. Might buy it when the full thing comes out. Not going to bother with the demo since it's just a week away.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Enjoying it so far, still trying to figure out how to leverage tiles to defeat the boss, but maybe I just need to gather materials and upgrade my base camp first?
It's more about getting enough encounters that you will have good gear. It really helps to block the spawn locations of all the lich buildings though, as well as putting down a grove to instantly kill him when he's at 20%.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
in demo, most important building to drop lich would be one that unlocks traits(and as such leveling) and to smaller degree potions. Also do block each of 8 tiles around your camp.
If you have trouble just wait until you get powerful combo of gear and traits. For example there is trait that heals you when you riposte, another that allows you to riposte on dodge. Combine with proper gear and you will heal yourself nicely.
Myself I've killed lich with regen items and trait that boosts regen once your hp is low.

Harthwain

Magister
watching numbers increase isnt addictive or fun

Do you even like RPGs?
For me the best part of any RPG was always leveling up and picking feats/spells, not getting higher numbers.

Loop Hero reminds me of... Carcassonne - it got the same mechanic of putting the map together in order to get the most out of the bonuses the tiles have to offer.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I found that building a square of 9 rocks gets transformed into a mountain peak which spawns harpies. And placing meadows next to anything else turns them into blood meadows.

What is the trigger that spawns the lich? Is it just how many tiles you place?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
What is the trigger that spawns the lich? Is it just how many tiles you place?
yes, the more you place the faster spawn bar fills. Also lich gets stronger with each loop. I managed to spawn him loop 6 and kill

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
We, as developers, have left the opportunity to get resources from killing the Lich so that players have something to do in the demo.
BUT, we didn’t count on the 30 hour demo runs. We thought that you would just kill the Lich and wait for the full version
)
Therefore, there is an obvious possibility that your hours of grinding resources from the boss a little (or maybe a lot) will disrupt a thoughtful camp upgrade in the full game.
Buildings in the camp will not give much advantage in the next three chapters, since there are other ways to strengthen the hero that are not available in the demo, but ideally, of course, you need to start a new game for a full experience)

:lol:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
I beat The Lich. It wasn't that hard once I learned he was weak to magic damage.

About loop 5 or 6, I had some magic damage equipment I'd saved up. I prevented it from getting "recycled" by moving it to the top of my inventory que each time it got close to getting destroyed.

I use evasion / counter / regen equipment when dealing with swarms of monsters. Right before the fight I equipped the magic damage gear.

I figure I had about +40 magic damage and +6 regen with the healing potions perk.

Although I didn't even use the healing potions at all. The Lich dropped fast.

That's my experience anyways if it helps you autists.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

(Hasn't launched yet)

This hadn't occurred to me before now, but I'd hate to be in charge of marketing this game. It's actually pretty compelling (at least in small doses, not sure beyond that), but trying to communicate that through conventional advertising (trailers, etc.) to anyone who hasn't tried it seems like it would be exceptionally challenging. I don't think that trailer did a good job of it, but I also don't think I could do a better job.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

(Hasn't launched yet)

This hadn't occurred to me before now, but I'd hate to be in charge of marketing this game. It's actually pretty compelling (at least in small doses, not sure beyond that), but trying to communicate that through conventional advertising (trailers, etc.) to anyone who hasn't tried it seems like it would be exceptionally challenging. I don't think that trailer did a good job of it, but I also don't think I could do a better job.

Luckily (for whoever has the job) you only really need to convince someone to take the time to try the free demo. The trailer has a pretty shitty bloom effect though looks a lot worse than in game.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
2nd expedition is no joke. Can easilly die loop 5, bar to next boss not even filled half way.

Everything is reversed. Every monster gets new abilities, weaker ones got quite stronger

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
i think i finally got rogue figured out.
- place many beacons to ensure less spawns, faster returns to camps and loot
- no swamps or buildings that add extra enemies in combat

You basically want to hit fast n hard. Finish every combat asap

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom