Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Being subsumed into Alt or Mikoshi are equally bad.

Being absorbed into an AI is very different from being put in storage as an engram. With the latter, you have a chance of returning to the world, with the AI you cease to exist as you.

Self-sacrifice for Johnny could be seen as noble,

Or that's what the engram wanted you to think :)

Goro's tone is chilling at the last meeting, almost fearful in Corpo CYA mode, and has returned to the Arasaka fold, having seen what his boss was willing to do to his own Prodigal Son.

He was a little shit anyway, fuck him - and he knew his life was over one way or another. Also, he probably felt it was a noble self-sacrifice (echoing the sacrifice Johnny asks of you, in a different way) - a kind of redemption for him, having fucked up the family so much. I must admit I've only seen the Goro version once on YT, but I didn't get that impression, I felt he was just solemn and sympathetic to a friend making a difficult decision.

Returning to Earth to live out a short, brain damaged life on Arasaka's leash (and those endgame voicemails need fixing) is clearly worse, or at least less human than the final Avocado path of love and family out on the range. It's implied that hope for a 'cure' is nil in either case. Frankly, you were dead anyway. The time after getting shot was gravy.

But as an engram you have a chance of resurrection in a body as a human being again, in fact a chance of literal immortality; no chance of that on any of the other paths.

But it depends I suppose. My V felt that returning to earth as a plain human with dignity intact, and Johnny out of her head, was better than any of that cyberbollocks, even if it was short - she was heartily sick of it by the end of the game, kind of in Luddite mode. :) Bittersweet ending to be sure, but not the worst. In fact, I don't think you can really rank the endings, they are all fairly bittersweet - except the one where Johnny gets to ride off into the sunset having taken over your body, that's pretty cheerful. For him. The Panam ending would prob be best if you were a male V really in love with her, but my V was femme and just thought of her as a close friend.

And then of course there's the matter of not wanting to risk the lives of the friends you'd made - Panam, the Afterlife people, etc. Avoiding unnecessary death there is another good aspect of that ending.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Your brain is broken at that point, made clear by the frustrating, repeatedly failed testing after the Johnny-ectomy. I got the impression that anything uploaded to Mikoshi at that point would be further degraded. It's a given that you wouldn't be given the CEO level storage option, or likely anything but be forgotten after transfer.

Johnny has lost everything by the time he gets on that bus. Rogue dumps him if she even lives, he hates himself and is reminded of a sense of betrayal every time he looks in the mirror.

There are only least-bad endings. The secret/kamikaze run at least saves your friends and offers revenge on Smasher.

Gargaune

Magister
Quick question on patches - is it worth updating from 1.06 to the latest 1.12 at this time? I just got back into the game this week, and I don't have any technical issues except for high CPU temperatures. It's been a bit of a seesaw, the initial 1.03 was giving me mid 80°C, 1.04 mercifully dropped into stable 70s, but then 1.06 took me right back into the 80s. So anyone notice any CPU optimisation in the newest builds? Otherwise I might as well just wait for 1.2 and its inevitable follow-up hotfixes.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Quick question on patches - is it worth updating from 1.06 to the latest 1.12 at this time? I just got back into the game this week, and I don't have any technical issues except for high CPU temperatures. It's been a bit of a seesaw, the initial 1.03 was giving me mid 80°C, 1.04 mercifully dropped into stable 70s, but then 1.06 took me right back into the 80s. So anyone notice any CPU optimisation in the newest builds? Otherwise I might as well just wait for 1.2 and its inevitable follow-up hotfixes.

1.1 lowered the CPU, RAM, and VRAM usage of the game but whether that translates into anything meaningful depends on system, I guess. I saw no real world difference, other than some reduction in graphical stuff in distance and slightly slower times to pull in textures, but then I'm heavily GPU bound at 1440p, would think some would benefit from it. Other thing I'd say to it is I've noticed that ingame glitchiness tends to increase a lot trying to play an old save on a newer patch, if that's a consideration.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Still talking about this steaming RTX pile of turd i see :D

seethatmegabuild.jpg

See that megabuilding? You can climb it. (Maybe. Like, you know, if a mission takes you there. In a slow elevator.)
Cool tail-lights.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
No it's definitely six months. And Hanako definitely calls you up to hire you (though the linked video doesn't show that). This is the Arasaka ending where you refuse the offer of being uploaded to Mikoshi and look out the shuttle window as you return to Earth.

I still maintain that getting rid of Johnny and taking the Arasaka offer to go to Mikoshi is absolutely the best ending for V - better than suicide, a few months, a few months with the Nomads (and lets face it, the chances of finding a cure that route are nil), or being taken over by Johnny or absorbed into an AI.

My V refused the offer because she was sick of all the cybershit and wanted to die with dignity as a plain old human being, and also she hadn't saved Goro so her companion at the end was the dutch guy, who she didn't really like or trust. But if my character had been a bit more into the cybershit and a bit more hard-bitten, and refused Johnny's urgency and gone back to save Goro, I think she would have trusted Goro, and taken the chance of immortality like a shot.

Unless the rich folks who've been uploaded to Mikoshi are going to end up as cyberhamsters in some hellish digital slavery, powering WoW servers for all eternity (a la something like Black Mirror, etc.) then it's a no brainer to take the chance. But Goro's been close to the old dude all his life, loved and trusted him, and he likes V, so I think he would have been honest with V if he thought there was something fishy like that going on, but he wants her to take the upload option. It looks like what it seems to be on the tin: a transhumanist enterprise aimed at the stars - the Arasaka star empire to come, which will reward its loyal servants. ;)

My corpo V took that option too. It has an ingame/inworld logic to it. Where it gets messy is when you come across Jackie's engram (if you ever do though...) and you realise that Lizzy Wizzy wasn't overreacting quite as much as you may have initially thought.

Gargaune

Magister
1.1 lowered the CPU, RAM, and VRAM usage of the game but whether that translates into anything meaningful depends on system, I guess. I saw no real world difference, other than some reduction in graphical stuff in distance and slightly slower times to pull in textures, but then I'm heavily GPU bound at 1440p, would think some would benefit from it. Other thing I'd say to it is I've noticed that ingame glitchiness tends to increase a lot trying to play an old save on a newer patch, if that's a consideration.
Thanks. Might be worth a shot then, hopefully that lower CPU load translates to a few degrees. Could live with losing a little distance LOD if it gives my processor some breathing room.

Cool tail-lights.
Cool cars are half the reason I'm still messing around with the game. :D

Gargaune

Magister
Are you using the mods that fix the driving?
Nah, I might look at a new batch of mods after I finish updating. I've kinda gotten used to the Quadra Turbo-R, her ass flies off at the drop of a hat, but the steering wheel actually turns. These vehicle handling mods seem to all be .ini edits which means I'd have to redo my keybinds, a royal pain in the ass in this game.

Tyrr

Liturgist
As all the endings suck, the winning move seems to never finish this game.

Too bad CDPR thought the same.

DeepOcean

Arcane

Yeah, unfortunately I agree with this, I'm not against bad endings but I think a worthwhile journey must happen before one, the main story of Cyberbug is just too edgy depressive all the time. I mean, when you die, it is sad because you remember the good things you experienced not because you were a miserable fuck that got even more miserable, what the fuck V would miss from Night City? That place is an unredeemable shithole accordingly with CDPR, even Game of Thrones wasnt that cynical, in the end, if their goal was to make me sad, they made a very good job at making me tired with all the edgyness. The very few characters that could make a difference like Jackie or die too fast or barely have anything to do with the main story with exception of Panam on her ending.

Tyrr

Liturgist

Yeah, unfortunately I agree with this, I'm not against bad endings but I think a worthwhile journey must happen before one, the main story of Cyberbug is just too edgy depressive all the time. I mean, when you die, it is sad because you remember the good things you experienced not because you were a miserable fuck that got even more miserable, what the fuck V would miss from Night City? That place is an unredeemable shithole accordingly with CDPR, even Game of Thrones wasnt that cynical, in the end, if their goal was to make me sad, they made a very good job at making me tired with all the edgyness. The very few characters that could make a difference like Jackie or die too fast or barely have anything to do with the main story with exception of Panam on her ending.
All the good characters , like Evelyn, Jackie or T-bug, are gone after chapter 1. Such a shame.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
How are Evelyn and T-Bug even characters? Jackie I agree, he's well done and fleshed out but the others are just props.

DeepOcean

Arcane
How are Evelyn and T-Bug even characters? Jackie I agree, he's well done and fleshed out but the others are just props.
Yes, but they immensely benefit from being on the part of the story that is actually good. After the heist, I felt like I was Uppie Goldberg ackwardly on the side waiting while Patrick Swayze was trying to ghost fuck Demi Moore.

Gargaune

Magister
Thanks. Might be worth a shot then, hopefully that lower CPU load translates to a few degrees. Could live with losing a little distance LOD if it gives my processor some breathing room.
Well, I might as well share, first impressions aren't encouraging. Not really seeing a difference in temperatures, but I wonder if they've changed something with the post-processing since I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of jaggies and I hadn't before.

And since I'm whinging, all that raytracing and CDPR didn't give V a flashlight? JC Denton had a flashlight... He had two of 'em, one per eyeball. And you didn't even have to pay extra, that's how they rolled him off the assembly line.

Tyrr

Liturgist
They were interesting in the sense that I was interested to see more of them.
After the heist I thought/hoped to see T-Bug again and that Evelyn played a bigger role down the line.

Danikas

Arcane
Just play this as walking and photographer simulator and its very good sadly they didnt put enough effort into the actual meaty content game needed at least 1 more main questline and more side quests for major characters. Right now the game has about half of Witcher 3 content in terms of worthwhile side quests. There is Panam questline, Judy questline, River questline, Johnny questline and that's about it. Compared to what we had in Witcher 3 at launch it's a disappointment but anyway as I said its a good photographer simulator.

photomode_02032021_00g0jyn.png

photomode_02032021_136yj5f.png

photomode_02032021_181wkj7.png

photomode_15022021_04z7j7n.png

photomode_20022021_08o2jjq.png

photomode_28022021_148zj2x.png

photomode_24012021_21odjz7.png

photomode_25022021_134zjo1.png

photomode_23022021_084cjul.png

photomode_01032021_09l3j0x.png

photomode_22022021_128pjal.png

photomode_04032021_21jqk3w.png

photomode_28022021_192ok70.png

Gargaune

Magister
as I said its a good photographer simulator.
You using any shader mods there? I get the feel my night images look a wee bit washed out compared to yours, but then yours seem a little dark during the day.

Speaking of, I'm surprised CDPR didn't let us turn if off for Photomode, since you can apparently toggle it on the fly.

Danikas

Arcane
You using any shader mods there? I get the feel my night images look a wee bit washed out compared to yours, but then yours seem a little dark during the day.
Nah I just lowered the default gamma settings because they were too high for me.

Gargaune

Magister
Nah I just lowered the default gamma settings because they were too high for me.
Oh, right. I actually took it one pip in the opposite direction since I couldn't see a damn thing in Jenkins's office at the start. Hence my groaning about flashlights.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom