Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Outriders - co-op RPG shooter from People Can Fly

DeepOcean

Arcane
This game is DoA. The Division, Remnant and Destiny are better.
the division and destiny are nothing alike at all beyond having shooting mechanics and numbers
From the trailer, it seems they seem to be going for a more complex loot and ability system than Destiny but the jury is out, what really bore me to tears with those looter shooters is the expectation developers have of you having all that work to get those guns to use on the same content because they cant bother to support their game with new content or are syphoning the resources into another project. Tried Warframe and Destiny and while they have their qualities, I couldnt stand the faggotry of being on a hamster wheel that go nowhere while the devs keep trying to scam you into wasting money on microtransactions.

Last time I checked, Destiny was making your weapons useless so they could scam you by selling the same weapons later and Warframe keeps being the same no lifer serial killer autist haven as always was, maybe this one will be better.

Codex Year of the Donut
Ehh... fuck them. Why a fucking rootkit if they dont even have PvP?
It's not even a live services game afaict, it's like borderlands where you can optionally play coop

anticheat rootkits are being put in singleplayer games now, it's obvious where this is going: to prevent people from "cheating" to obtain microtransaction bulshit

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Buahahahahaha just watched cohh play this.....thing. It is amazing,you could expect quality entertainment equalling that of mass effect andromeda for sure! Fuck,my face is tired,better put some blur on it!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah,kwans are really bad at insulting,they have only shit and fuck. It doesn't help that english is pretty primitive language. Tho at least scummy brits are creative when it comes to insulting.

orcinator

Liturgist
Yeah,kwans are really bad at insulting,they have only shit and fuck. It doesn't help that english is pretty primitive language. Tho at least scummy brits are creative when it comes to insulting.
the devs are polish
Didn't they say something along the lines of "we barely speak english so we just wrote a lot of swearing" in regards's to Bulletstorm's writing?
Guess none of them bothered to get some lessons.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
gave it a try
writing is bad
another apocalypse with everyone is raping and gollums everywhere
cover functionality broke yet I didnt die

i dont want to take it anymore

Takamori

Learned
Played the demo, the sounds effects were all glitched, the guns felt like shit.
Its Gears of Wars meet Borderlands can't be more decline than that.

Renevent

Cipher
This game is DoA. The Division, Remnant and Destiny are better.
the division and destiny are nothing alike at all beyond having shooting mechanics and numbers
From the trailer, it seems they seem to be going for a more complex loot and ability system than Destiny but the jury is out, what really bore me to tears with those looter shooters is the expectation developers have of you having all that work to get those guns to use on the same content because they cant bother to support their game with new content or are syphoning the resources into another project. Tried Warframe and Destiny and while they have their qualities, I couldnt stand the faggotry of being on a hamster wheel that go nowhere while the devs keep trying to scam you into wasting money on microtransactions.

Last time I checked, Destiny was making your weapons useless so they could scam you by selling the same weapons later and Warframe keeps being the same no lifer serial killer autist haven as always was, maybe this one will be better.

That's my impression as well. Destiny is beautiful, extremely polished, and the campaign is top notch...that said the character building is shallow as a puddle and the game itself is "balanced" to the point where the ARPG powerfantasy/builds aspect is not even remotely satisfying.

If Outriders proves to be deeper and more robust in that aspect, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to carve out a niche in the genre. All it needs to have a deep item/build system with cool synergies and lots of gameplay altering stuff and it should do just fine.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Problem of Destiny is that was made for casuals and balanced for pvp, so you get shallow as fuck systems with half of the guns/weapon perks only really useful on pvp on a fucking pve looter shooter, what is supreme retardation. It is a pity because it is a very polished shooter, many shooters fail into making the weapons feel good to shoot and Destiny is really good at that, this one doesnt have pvp and this is enough to make it better so the loot isnt as just as cosmetic as it was on Destiny but a fucking rootkit on my system? Nah...

Walk backwards with a pistol or a fusion rifle and the shotgun ape is neutered.

-

Outriders is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One - Xbox Wire

Should still be up for those who picked up that "3 months for a dollar" deal they had a little while ago.

(edit: progress cannot be transferred to the Steam or Epic versions)

DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS. you would have to wait for a windows game store version for it to be included in the PC gamepass.

PSA; Outriders is not coming to Gamepass PC : outriders (reddit.com)

-

Some informative videos that came out in the past weeks:

^While the skills do encourage aggressiveness instead of turtling, he's probably wrong about cover being pointless, at least on higher levels. The demo already has some infamous sniper enemies with the highest player kill counts among NPCs.

(I like that his character is called ShillUp)

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
"ooh this setting is interesting, not many games have done this"
30 minutes later
"ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Codex Year of the Donut
skill tree for my class
screen.jpg

Yeah, it was a bit disappointing to see the Anthem-like savage world turning into Fallujah after the timeskip, but some of the higher level content shows that the color green still exists and you don't fight only rapemurder raiders. (like the example Expedition shown in the november video)

Codex Year of the Donut
haven't played enough to judge but it seems alright I guess.
doesn't seem to really do anything unique, I'll probably play through it because I'm a sucker for sci-fi games. It's basically just a more serious borderlands crossed with some destiny 2.

actually has stats, so there's that I guess
D0hWRij.png

Last edited:

orcinator

Liturgist
Yeah, it was a bit disappointing to see the Anthem-like savage world turning into Fallujah after the timeskip, but some of the higher level content shows that the color green still exists and you don't fight only rapemurder raiders. (like the example Expedition shown in the november video)
Fallujah seems like a breath of fresh air after almost a decade of cinematic forest hikes.

ADL

Prophet
Read online that they improved the gunplay, asked a streamer with early access and he confirmed it feels better than it did during the beta. Dunno what that actually means but we'll see. Picked this up for 40 bucks after tax. I'm really interested in their approach which isn't "games as a service" focused, more similar to Diablo 2's structure than it is Destiny.

Codex Year of the Donut
Read online that they improved the gunplay, asked a streamer with early access and he confirmed it feels better than it did during the beta. Dunno what that actually means but we'll see. Picked this up for 40 bucks after tax. I'm really interested in their approach which isn't "games as a service" focused, more similar to Diablo 2's structure than it is Destiny.

It's online-only, but not a live services game. So it has the worst parts of both put together with nothing to stop cheaters.
I have pretty much zero interest in playing post-story content in a game that does nothing to prevent cheating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom