Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
How's it not selling out? You openly admit that you hate bg3 and Diablo 2 remaster, yet you put it on your blog and encourage people to play the games for the extra views to your blog.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
How's it not selling out? You openly admit that you hate bg3 and Diablo 2 remaster, yet you put it on your blog and encourage people to play the games for the extra views to your blog.
But is it really worse than what you did here on your Codex profile?

zc9de1U.png

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It will be ready when it's ready.
And I can guarantee integrity.
I don't know why you're so obsessed with it.

Six months ago, YOU were going on and on in the BG3 thread and elsewhere about how your blog was going to crush mine. And yet, I see no blog from you. Instead, you're still posting in the BG3 thread. After six months, your blog should be firing on all cylinders.

And I gave sufficient reasons for my "coverage": I wasn't going to let my blog get buried by BG3 memes and the shitpostings of scrubs.

Bitches complain about Decline, and still lose. Whereas winners learn how to leverage its hype to their own advantage, as well as towards the legacies of the RPGs that deserve to be played.

As it pertains to the RPGs I cover (the best RPGs by far), you haven't come close to my impact with your anti-BG3 rants. Not even in the same ballpark.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Lilura, I've been playing Sleeping Dogs recently and I don't know how one can stand to live in such a claustrophobic city with no visible sky in the horizon in so many areas and all those one-lane roads. Aberdeen and Kennedy Town seem like the most livable places to me, though I've read that Kennedy's been gentrifying since 2012 and will likely end up looking as miserable as the rest of the city. Maybe you disagree. :M

agris

Arcane
Patron
A game (especially one made by Canadians) might not necessarily accurately reflect Hong Kong and I'm interested in first-hand accuracy. +M
I was in HK for work several years ago, during the mid-autum festival that has mainlanders crowding all the hotels and tourist spots. I was working in the New Territories, but spent a lot of time down in Kowloon and a little on HK Island (regions for those unfamiliar)

Kowloon is what people tend to think of when they think of HK, popularized by martial arts movies made during British rule like Bloodsport. Kowloon, and the destroyed Kowloon Walled City (h/t DF:HK) sound like what you described Roguey. Mong Kok is aggressively urban and vertical, and what most Western media tends to use to portray HK. But, there is an entirely different side of HK just a few km north, and that is the border with the New Terroritories and north. There are beautiful rolling hills, temples and residential areas built into and around hillsides - there is a lot of green.

Idk what you watched, but HK seemed like a "country" of opposites, and due to its size and development patterns, you can very quickly switch between something dense like Mong Kok and more rural like the NTs in the matter of a 20 - 30 min drive. I never got the impression it was oppressive, although if you were poor and grew up in Kowloon, I can see how that would differ. HK is one of the most expensive places in the world to live, and the average wealth is something like over $200k USD per capita. Being poor there must not be easy. Also strangely - they have essentially no homeless. Culturally it doesn't work. Tighter family structure and more group-oriented culture was described by some locals to me as the reason for this, but I don't know if there's state policies that also address homeless as well. Just an interesting tidbit.

But I will always remember wandering through the markets in Mong Kok to buy cheap goods. It was a trip, felt like I was truly in another culture. To then eat lunch next to a buddhist monk (who didn't order his robes from Amazon..) in a tiny hole in a wall place, it was classic westerner-experienced exoticism.

edit: typos, grammar

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Lilura,
The blog will come, it's just difficult to do everything I want. I'm sure you understand how hard it is to write a blog, but what you couldn't possibly understand is that for every inch of integrity and every ounce of passion, that difficulty grows exponentially.

This must mean that I, with all my inches of integrity and all my ounces of passion, am currently writing the most difficult blog of all; and that all your blogs combined are child's play in comparison.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Please remain on-topic. Future off-topic posts are going to be reported.

I am not on the RPG Codex to discuss any topic other than RPGs and RPG commentary.

Do you see me posting in General Discussion?

Do you see non-RPG discussion even on my blog?

No one shits up sstacks' thread with off-topic posts.

Thank you.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The blog will come, it's just difficult to do everything I want. I'm sure you understand how hard it is to write a blog, but what you couldn't possibly understand is that for every inch of integrity and every ounce of passion, that difficulty grows exponentially.

Why do you think I couldn't understand that -- are you saying that my RPG commentary has no integrity?

My retrospectives and pro-tip write-ups are based on the original and authoritative versions. Also, I defend the legacies of RPGs that I consider to be GOAT.

It is true that my commentary could be more fanatical, though: fanaticism is increased in direct proportion to viewership gains.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
are you saying that my RPG commentary has no integrity?
And passion

Citations of integrity + passion:

Jagged Alliance 2 retrospective [link]
Temple of Elemental Evil retrospective [link]
Fallout retrospective [link]
BG1 vs. BG2 [link]

I could cite dozens more, but that's enough to prove that you over-stepped.

Passion is not important, anyway. Some emotion is ok, which is what those write-ups have.

DaveO

Erudite
I've seen blogs come and go. I lost count of the web blogs I've seen either go away or become incactive. Then Scorpia's site which I participated in. Then crpgaddict quits his blog once, and I guarantee he will again. Then there are the "personalities" like Spoony that long ago passed their expiration mark.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I've seen blogs come and go. I lost count of the web blogs I've seen either go away or become incactive.

I've seen modders come and go. I lost count of the modders I've seen either go away or become inactive.

I've seen forums come and go. I lost count of the forums I've seen either go away or become inactive.

I've seen shitposters come and go. I lost count of the shitposters I've seen either go away or become inactive.

Latro

Arcane
I've seen blogs come and go. I lost count of the web blogs I've seen either go away or become incactive. Then Scorpia's site which I participated in. Then crpgaddict quits his blog once, and I guarantee he will again. Then there are the "personalities" like Spoony that long ago passed their expiration mark.
The well-written and the authoritative stay read, my friend.

Keyboard Vomit

I've seen blogs come and go. I lost count of the web blogs I've seen either go away or become incactive.

I've seen modders come and go. I lost count of the modders I've seen either go away or become inactive.

I've seen forums come and go. I lost count of the forums I've seen either go away or become inactive.

I've seen shitposters come and go. I lost count of the shitposters I've seen either go away or become inactive.
If you think about it having a blog is like being a shitposter on your own forum and you're the only active user.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
If you think about it having a blog is like being a shitposter on your own forum and you're the only active user.

To make a joke at my own expense, it's the ultimate safe space, the ultimate echo chamber.

Especially because comments can be disabled or moderated.

Keyboard Vomit

To make a joke at my own expense, it's the ultimate safe space, the ultimate echo chamber.

Especially because comments can be disabled or moderated.
You're just like Infinitron only if he had something interesting to say about RPGs. How do I subscribe to your blog?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom