Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
but dominated enemies actually do not do anything unless there are enemies near it's not baldur's gate.
A mod for Kingmaker lets you control Dominate victims. Only a matter of time till one gets made for WotR.

Efe

Erudite
probably he means its like stinking cloud but not poison effect so his own character got fucked in there too.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I didn’t cast it.

I see the problem - was relying on Delay Poison to protect against Nausea but that only works vs Stinking Cloud.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I see the problem - was relying on Delay Poison to protect against Nausea but that only works vs Stinking Cloud.
Which kind of makes sense, because an antidote protects only from physical poisons, not imaginary conditions existing only in the head of the afflicted. There is no actual poison; there is a hallucination that sets up after failed will save. If there is any treatment against illusory poisoning it should be affecting mind, not flesh.

Desiderius

Patron
Finally a use for that Remove Sickness I’ve had memorized all game.

Xythereal

Literate
This is such a newbie question, how can you search the thread? I just joined the forum after picking up the game. I am trying to find Cavalier builds (among others). If I cannot search, is there another site that shows builds? Thanks!

Desiderius

Patron
We haven’t done any yet since Mounted Combat is pretty clunky. You’re welcome to test and provide some.

(There’s food that gives +5 Mobility and Kitsune get +2 Mobility free along with +2 DEX.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
This is such a newbie question, how can you search the thread? I just joined the forum after picking up the game. I am trying to find Cavalier builds (among others). If I cannot search, is there another site that shows builds? Thanks!
You need 10 posts to be fully vetted by the mods, then the search function will be available to you.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Although, I've been reading this thread since day 1, and I'm pretty sure the mounted combat is largely undiscussed and largely untested.

And even if it was, we'd only discuss the negative aspects of it as to provide relevant and/or helpful feedback to any reading developers.

But you're very welcome to change that.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
It's been a while. Am also done with my first run through the beta (second technically cause -100 moral bug) and game's great, shaping up to be the best CRPG I played in a really long time. I haven't touched it since it's still clearly clunky but does anyone now how mounted combat will work once it's fully implemanted? what's the benefit of mounting instead of just using the companion seperatly besides speed? Will there be feats related to it etc?

Enkidu

Novice

We haven’t done any yet since Mounted Combat is pretty clunky. You’re welcome to test and provide some.

(There’s food that gives +5 Mobility and Kitsune get +2 Mobility free along with +2 DEX.
I was playing a bloodrider and just abandoned the mount. My impression is that mounted combat is not working well at all at the Beta. Thanks to Paizo, Bloodrager is just so broken that i never cared about missing a class feature.
In any case, just read any Cavalier guide of the PnP and you will have a good idea about what its good and what is not for the class. Tough i must say, i dont remember seeing lances in the Beta, probably most PnP guides will assume you are using lance and charging.

Desiderius

Patron
It will be good when they get around to doing it. That they haven’t for such an important new feature is just pathetic.

Desiderius

Patron
It's been a while. Am also done with my first run through the beta (second technically cause -100 moral bug) and game's great, shaping up to be the best CRPG I played in a really long time. I haven't touched it since it's still clearly clunky but does anyone now how mounted combat will work once it's fully implemanted? what's the benefit of mounting instead of just using the companion seperatly besides speed? Will there be feats related to it etc?

This will likely be an ongoing controversy. My guess is that mounting up will be almost mandatory in the many tight quarters and that you’ll end up with a very tough mount that allows the rider to defend itself as if it were a ranged character while in the heat of melee.

The Mounted Feats that have been implemented use Mobility checks to protect your mount.

Xythereal

Literate
unknown.png

Xythereal

Literate
I wish there were magical javelins though... I always like the idea javelin and shield but not very doable.

Testownia

I did some story-related experimentation when playing as an Aeon, and discovered the following:
- The game constantly tracks just how "pure" of an Aeon are you.
- If you aren't "pure" enough, some story/dialogue choices will not appear at all, not even as "failed attempts" or bemoaning "oh, if only I could do X."
- Most of said choices aren't tagged by alignment as well, even if some of them obviously are good/neutral/evil.

Where does this pop up? What can you miss?

The big two are xanthir and the traitor dwarf, right?

I never realised how soyed up this game is. I mean you start the game and immediately you meet 4 female characters. At the end of the first dungeon you are presented with a lesbian couple. And a bit later on with another female companion. Jeez they went overboard with this. No wonder you soyboys got triggered so hard.

Be sure to make the 50 Diplomacy check with one of the lesbians, in the throne room.

The Swarm-That-Walks is the best example. If you're not "pure" enough of an Aeon, the option to turn him back human won't even appear.

Parabalus

Arcane
I did some story-related experimentation when playing as an Aeon, and discovered the following:
- The game constantly tracks just how "pure" of an Aeon are you.
- If you aren't "pure" enough, some story/dialogue choices will not appear at all, not even as "failed attempts" or bemoaning "oh, if only I could do X."
- Most of said choices aren't tagged by alignment as well, even if some of them obviously are good/neutral/evil.

Where does this pop up? What can you miss?

The big two are xanthir and the traitor dwarf, right?

I never realised how soyed up this game is. I mean you start the game and immediately you meet 4 female characters. At the end of the first dungeon you are presented with a lesbian couple. And a bit later on with another female companion. Jeez they went overboard with this. No wonder you soyboys got triggered so hard.

Be sure to make the 50 Diplomacy check with one of the lesbians, in the throne room.

The Swarm-That-Walks is the best example. If you're not "pure" enough of an Aeon, the option to turn him back human won't even appear.

I'd say that the counter is pretty lenient then - I listened to the devil, and didn't really pay attention outside of the official Aeon quests (kept all the companions), and still got it.

Xythereal

Literate

I was playing a bloodrider and just abandoned the mount. My impression is that mounted combat is not working well at all at the Beta. Thanks to Paizo, Bloodrager is just so broken that i never cared about missing a class feature.
In any case, just read any Cavalier guide of the PnP and you will have a good idea about what its good and what is not for the class. Tough i must say, i dont remember seeing lances in the Beta, probably most PnP guides will assume you are using lance and charging.

I created a Sohei that should have an animal companion and a mount. I ended up with only a mount (no pet) that followed me around like Mr. Ed. The horse was actually leading the way through the caverns. It was too weird. Too much. I rerolled!

Parabalus

Arcane
I told the devil to get bent because saint Mel is the patron saint of Drezen on my watch and no jewing is allowed, and he still planted his ass in my throne room. Sure, Mary Sue said any riffraff can join, but she also said I'm the fuhrer of the whole shindig, so why the hell (pun not intended) can't I deploy his ass to shit burning detail?
:rpgcodex:

On an unrelated note, is there any way to actually have nighttime in Drezen? I remember in the Alpha that time transition worked OK, but now it seems stuck in perpetual day time even if I fuck around the world map and enter the city when it says it's night and it looks like lights out are needed for at least 2 quests.

Resting in your room worked for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom