Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

CHEMS

Scholar
Guys... what's a "electromagnetic emitter"? I looted this thingie in the lost vault, it's a component i never saw before. Must be new stuff from the update

ciox

Liturgist
If it's not actually a deflector, discharger, or field stabilizer, then it must be a new energy weapon component, doesn't seem very likely tho.

CHEMS

Scholar
Looks like a new component alright, the icon is something i never saw before

"Electromagnetic Emitter

This device can emit electromagnetic radiation at any frequency"

I see nothing on the wiki about it

Sheepherder

Augur
Rapid Fire and Point Shot are hardly redundant with high DEX unless I'm missing something. Right now my current character (11 DEX, Gunslinger) only needs 5 AP to do point shots with a 5mm.
Cool, you can make one Point Shot per turn. This is hardly critical when your AP cost is already low enough

Also lol, 6 PER requirement? No way for proper minmaxed Versatility build. The point is to dump PER all the way to 3.
True that. I'd skip Point Shot on a Versatility build. An extra shot a turn for 3 PER ain't worth it, unless you're also getting 6 PER for Ambush or something like that.
Rapid fire is just some skill points, so I do get it at level 20+.
Steadfast Aim imo is only worth it on a .44 Hammerer. It has a 5 STR requirement, a stat pistols don't otherwise needs. Essentially 2 stat points for 8% critical chance for .44 Hammerers, other pistols don't get enough out of it to be worth the stat investment.

Supermedo

Augur
I'm retarded, it seems I fucked up and can't save lora baker, I killed the faceless but it seems they are the only one who can save her.
and the reason the faceless aren't friendly even though I did all the faceless condition was because I killed a lot of them by mistake while looking for Hecate Research Outpost, I went in area where the faceless infinitely spawn were I killed more than 10 of them before realizing what is happening.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
How dare you defend yourself when our large, heavily-armed group of invaders instantly attacks you without any provocation whatsoever!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The DLC, finally took time to try, is fantastic, but what an odd choice to put it in the middle of the game and forcing another playthrough . This could be easily scaled as an end game expansion. I noticed very trivial achievements are completed by barely 1% of the player base, so i am pretty sure most wont even bother with it.A shame as its superior to the original underail on every aspects.
By the way is there an underail 2 on the work now ?

Underrail: Infusion (more like Underrail 1.5) and then Underrail 2.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Do you end up disgustingly overleveled on oddity? I fucking hate the concept of oddity, but this might be the last time I've played classic.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Fucking Styg's balancing broken shit after 2 years but he hasn't nerfed the most broken mechanic of all... exp. Is there even a point of playing the game after level 16-18?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Tried to start another run but I got the feeling that the skills systems is convoluted without a real payoff: the difference in usefulness of the different perks is simply staggering.

There are 2 types of non-psi builds: critical chance/bonus builds and special attacks builds.

The special attacks builds are inferior to critical chance/bonus builds because of the cooldowns ... but the gap was reduced thanks to Limited Temporal Increment.

Even on Dominating all builds are viable as long as they contains Grenadier (lvl4) and Ambush (lvl6). That's the special sauce imho.

I'm not saying that special attacks are not useful but all these talks about special attacks builds seem so pointless considering that the main difference on Dominating is done by support perks.

Edit: I think I have a problem leaving the mix-max mentality: once I know what works on Dominating then I'm inclined to fallback to the same build.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Tigranes

Arcane
I mean, I never use Ambush just because, and I've made it work on Dom with numerous builds. Grenadier I love, but it's also very possible to do well in Dom without it. I think there are must have perks for particular builds but not for everything.

That said, arguably it's the same problem to have so many builds go for no-defence Survival Instincts. At a certain point when you jack up the numbers, the only way to live is to do massive damage output and there's only so many ways to get to that in a game system not designed for those extreme conditions.

Parabalus

Arcane
On DOM you either need AoE for the >20+ packs you can aggro, or a way to kill them stealthily. Or being immortal.

If you want something slightly different play a melee and just skip all the tedious shit, which includes most of the expansion.

I'm retarded, it seems I fucked up and can't save lora baker, I killed the faceless but it seems they are the only one who can save her.
and the reason the faceless aren't friendly even though I did all the faceless condition was because I killed a lot of them by mistake while looking for Hecate Research Outpost, I went in area where the faceless infinitely spawn were I killed more than 10 of them before realizing what is happening.

I'm pretty sure you can edit your save to remedy this, there's something on the official forums.

CHEMS

Scholar
STYG MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO STEAL A JETSKI FROM RAY WITH THIS UPDATE, NOW THE CAMERAS WILL DETECT YOU ANYWERE IN THE JETTY

WHY STYG WHY

How-dare-you.gif

Parabalus

Arcane
STYG MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO STEAL A JETSKI FROM RAY WITH THIS UPDATE, NOW THE CAMERAS WILL DETECT YOU ANYWERE IN THE JETTY

WHY STYG WHY

How-dare-you.gif

Ray feels more and more like a self-insert on the level of Six.

Black Angel

Arcane
Bloody hell, Styg. Come on now, it's not enough you took away lots of fun from the combat over time, now you want to un-fun the noncombat stuff, too?

I still appreciate the tweaks to firearm pistols and throwing knives, but knowing your track record I feel like I could hear the nerfhammer banging in the distance.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
I still appreciate the tweaks to firearm pistols and throwing knives, but knowing your track record I feel like I could hear the nerfhammer banging in the distance.
The pistol nerf is incoming, ETA 2 years.

CHEMS

Scholar
That made no sense, why make it impossible to steal a shitty jet? Now you have to start expedition in order to get hold of one. And by the looks of it, the freighter money exploit is probably gone too

Supermedo

Augur
On DOM you either need AoE for the >20+ packs you can aggro, or a way to kill them stealthily. Or being immortal.

If you want something slightly different play a melee and just skip all the tedious shit, which includes most of the expansion.

I'm pretty sure you can edit your save to remedy this, there's something on the official forums.
Holy Fuck where were you yesterday If I could kiss you dude I would do it.
the forums didn't help but I found a steam post of editing save through extracting global.dat with 7z then editing it using Hex editor, I found global_faceless_killed and change hex value from 0f (15 killed) to 00 and it worked.

CHEMS

Scholar
At least Styg fixed Fraser. The faggot will actually buy GUNS now. He'll even buy tac vests, which is the biggest money maker in the game. Before that, Fraser would only buy metal armor, which is heavy and not profitable

ciox

Liturgist
Oh yeah, I was wondering about Ray's jets still being stealable, there was already a bunch of bizarre finagling going on with those cameras (they're untargetable unless you've alerted them first?) and I figured we were getting this eventually.

I was gonna give it a try but there's 110 locks and 130 hack doors in the way now, and the vent can't even be spotted with 9 PER, you need at least 10 or something. Wowee. Maybe I can do it with an older character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom