Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That said, it works similarly in most big companies that reached the "bureaucratic stage".
Ahhh it is only natural,corporation do tend to fall apart after a few cycles of management changes. They become very rigid and stagnate because the top guys get there not because passion or skills but because of greed and ass slurping.

Deleted member 7219

Indeed. All the former Dragon Age devs are now gone. Unless they persuade them to come back I don't think this is going to please Dragon Age fans. It'll likely be another Andromeda.

I'm convinced Dragon Age Inquisition will look like a masterpiece after Dragon Age 4

The next Dragon Age first entered development in 2015. But in the fall of 2017, EA and BioWare rebooted the game to push for long-term monetization. The change led to the departure of creative director Mike Laidlaw and caused some employees to dismiss the game as “Anthem with dragons.” EA announced the new Dragon Age in 2018 but has not shared many details since then. Behind the scenes, the game has been in flux, game website Kotaku has reported.

Who even are these people?

3N6imj9.png

Ob3KGwy.png

V26c1gg.png

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
I had a friend who worked at EA. He discussed with the guy behind Dungeon Keeper: the mobile garbage game, and the guy told him they should just push the limit (of the mik-o-meter), because this IP was so strong. It turned out pretty well indeed....
A few years later, he was trying to convince the guy in charge of Star Wars Battlefront 2 that paywalling Darth Vader was a big No, but the guy wouldn't listen, which led us to the lootbox disaster.

Bottom line is that it is not only the top management who is at fault at EA. Many of the product managers seem to be into abusing their fanbase...
That said, it works similarly in most big companies that reached the "bureaucratic stage". Upper management is so craven that it will say yes to any unreasonable demand from the top management, regardless of the long term damage for the company, or sometimes, even the feasability of the demand.

I've been saying this forever but people have this idiotic idea that Bioware isn't in this game to make money. Everyone that works in Video games is either a wide-eyed dumbfuck or greedy

Deleted member 7219

I'm convinced Dragon Age Inquisition will look like a masterpiece after Dragon Age 4

The next Dragon Age first entered development in 2015. But in the fall of 2017, EA and BioWare rebooted the game to push for long-term monetization. The change led to the departure of creative director Mike Laidlaw and caused some employees to dismiss the game as “Anthem with dragons.” EA announced the new Dragon Age in 2018 but has not shared many details since then. Behind the scenes, the game has been in flux, game website Kotaku has reported.

Who even are these people?

3N6imj9.png

Ob3KGwy.png

V26c1gg.png

Patrick Weekes wrote Mordin in Mass Effect 2 and 3. A good, if side character.

I think he's a wokelord though, so I don't expect him to rollback the more indulgent identity politics stuff that got introduced to the series in Inquisition.

Gordian Nutt

Educated
Patrick Weekes is very social conscious

He is a very bad writer based on his books makes a mess of characters in dumb situations so I fear Dragon Age will be the same except the player will be part of it :(

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
What happened to Weekes is so sad. Went from being one of BW's better writers in the early 2010s to becoming a danger-hair wearing genderqueer.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
They talk about 'returning to Bioware's roots' but I doubt they even know what they means. I don't think modern Bioware/EA even remember why Bioware was such a hot company that was worth EA spendings 100s of millions of dollars to purchase. Just part of the machine now.

copebot

Learned
If you're a white male in CA, turning gay or tranny is a good way to make it more challenging to fire you. Or, at the very least, putting on a convincing act. That way, anyone thinking of firing you will have to consider whether or not it's worth a potential discrimination lawsuit. They'll have to arm themselves with negative performance reviews and other 'objective' HR documentation to even think about it. One wonders how well the technique still works when more than half of the office population has candy colored hair, has mutilated genitals, and is on synthetic hormones. In a way it is a rational adaptation to the enhanced legal rights granted to women and other nonhumans: you just become nonhuman yourself. At this point everyone working for Bioware is probably in a protected class, so they can keep producing flop games without being fired until EA goes under.

Deleted member 7219

They're so desperate for talent they use a tester as a producer? I'm sure it's only because she's a woman. Gotta fulfil that diversity quota.

They're so desperate for talent they use a tester as a producer? I'm sure it's only because she's a woman. Gotta fulfil that diversity quota.
A lot of game developers get their foot in the door by starting off as a QA tester... but Biotrash apparently hired her because she is a woke dog mom. She has pronouns in her bio on twitter and her boyfriend is literally soyboy Wojak.

B4uS6m7.png

Codex Year of the Donut

This does not make sense - one game was okay, one game was bad, was multiplayer the issue?

Star Wars fans will buy anything though so that does not mean that single player will work for every game.

I do not need multiplayer, both Schreier and EA are wrong.
nubioware programmers are too dumb to do networking properly

Last edited by a moderator:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
This does not make sense - one game was okay, one game was bad, was multiplayer the issue?

Star Wars fans will buy anything though so that does not mean that single player will work for every game.

I do not need multiplayer, both Schreier and EA are wrong.

Because when they say "multiplayer" what they actually mean is "continual monetization via microtransactions". That's a big hit to take in how much money you're potentially leaving on the table, but yeah I would assume Dragon Age multiplayer never took off in any meaningful fashion.

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

I was pretty sure this is a woman, but her/his/its chest looks practically ironed so it's up in the air.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom