Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Loop Hero

Salvo

Arcane
iccRS41.png

Looks like I finally broke the game. Too bad max resources in a loop are capped, even with the one perk that leaves 10% of your stuff at the campfire.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It took me 4 hours to beat the first boss because I'm retarded and shit is not always obvious.
- Beacon is actually buffing the mobs and buffed skeletons are not nice.
- Storm Temple was doing more damage to me than the mobs.
- I'm not sure you can beat the boss without the correct perks.
- RNG is strong with this one.

F8927C9C0B6172B8EB24953721637AE92AF875B1
CF637E90C90CBBA32A8C8E9E99EF36A864223CE9
[/quote]

Salvo

Arcane
There's an achievement for beating the Lich on your first run, so it's clearly doable. You wouldn't even have perks unlocked.
I have it. It was easy to do since I had played the Demo and knew what to do.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Apparently there is an eastern egg dev boss,you need a bunch of buildings to oblivion card to summon it.

here is a video if you want to see which ones and how to do it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Just did that by accident, nuked "A Village?" from the tile I wanted to build a real village on. Pretty cool boss fight. But they took my loot and threw me into main menu. Ffs!

Missing one variant enemy out of 100%, next to the Flesh Golem in Encyclopaedia.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
got my quick boss spawning setup
- get 4x watchtowers to lvl 2
- grove + spiders on all 4x closest tiles
- libraries around the loop to trade tiles
- skeletons around libraries

dont spend environment tiles early on, hope for library
Exchange cards to land on setup above. More enemies, more cards. Enemy books from library award many cards on death
Goal is to have no more than 2 enemies in combat outside of watchtowers. Towards the end I brake this rule.
Once setup is complete, start exchanging cards until you cover everything in river and environment tiles.
Even on unlucky runs I get lich on 6th, priestess on 8th and huntsman on 10th loop

Jinn

Arcane
Game is repetitive and shallow, not worth your time.

*Plays non-stop for days on end since the moment the game was released*

Never change, codex. Never change.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Game is repetitive and shallow, not worth your time.

*Plays non-stop for days on end since the moment the game was released*

Never change, codex. Never change.
I never argued that it is not worth the time,on the contrary,it is a decent time waster....tho bit too small. You could beat it in 6 hours.

Jinn

Arcane
You could beat it in 6 hours.

You could beat the first boss in 6 hours, sure, but not the whole game without prior knowledge or a guide. I'd like to see a full blind playthrough of this game completed in 6 hours. That'd be impressive.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
men... how do you beat 4th expedition?
I did 1-3 each boss 3 times. On 4th I barely survive lich, somehow can make it to the princess, and die...

Missing one variant enemy out of 100%, next to the Flesh Golem in Encyclopaedia.
living armor, requires smithy level 2 and placing smith forge

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Looks like killing the first boss is mostly about pumping up attack speed and evasion. 3-4 oblivion cards to destroy his palace tiles helps too.

The thing is, you cannot even lose this game - all it does is eat more of your time by playing itself so you get more stuff and perks (until you eventually have enough to beat the bosses).

Though... did I just describe an RPG?

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
You can also build his shit in
Thx whoever said that in this thread

High dmg attack on the boss would suggest that defense is shit, evasion is king
Maxed evasion, 54%, lost very narrowly, needed a stronger weapon but mine had 15% evasion...
niPNGXr.jpg

I dont quite get how card drops work, or item drops for that matter.
What influences quality and quantity.

Does a bigger deck influence anything?

There is an interesting strat to try to farm gear by just spamming enemy building and going for a vamp build.
This is what happened to me organically on first try, since I didnt understand what is happening...

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
men... how do you beat 4th expedition?
I did 1-3 each boss 3 times. On 4th I barely survive lich, somehow can make it to the princess, and die...

Forests and a river + what ever is relevant for your class.

fork

There really is a fad at the moment of dressing shit games up in nostalgic aesthetics to make an easy buck.

This has been going on for years now. But at least this game's art looks kinda good, compared to most others, which look like shit on top of being bad games.

And then there's the other trend: No more textures/details, regardless of whether it's a 2d indie game or high budget 3d title. More and more devs cut more and more corners and sell it as "artistic choice" and retarded shit like that.
Another one is procedural genertion—build these fucking worlds/maps/levels by hand you retards! That's your job! And no, proc gen doesn't help replayability in most cases...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom