Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Third person open world D&D RPG from Hidden Path Entertainment

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So, now that this discussion reached its natural conclusion...

5GH2Si6C_400x400.jpg

would?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Not new but now it's official

e17f14151b91fd4f1f4c89ae6446c32d.png

Somebody should tell her that if she's gonna be the PR manager of a company (or what is she?), she shouldn't blanket block hundreds of thousands of random people. Idk, just float her this idea.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I don't understand why twitter's blocks are bi-directional. I can still see those tweets if I unlog. I just can't give enough of a shit to do that. What a weird philosophy for a website.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Somebody should tell her that if she's gonna be the PR manager of a company (or what is she?), she shouldn't blanket block hundreds of thousands of random people.
The most important information comes from the PR client (organization/person). Who cares what the PR person says on his or her personal Twitter/blog?

Codex Year of the Donut
Somebody should tell her that if she's gonna be the PR manager of a company (or what is she?), she shouldn't blanket block hundreds of thousands of random people.
The most important information comes from the PR client (organization/person). Who cares what the PR person says on his or her personal Twitter/blog?
pro-tip:
if you put "employed by so-and-so" on your social media profile, even if you follow it with some nonsense like "MY VIEWS ARE MY OWN!", your views will still be attached to that corporation

solution:
stop posting shit attached to your name

better solution:
stop using social media

J1M

Arcane
pro-tip:
if you put "employed by so-and-so" on your social media profile, even if you follow it with some nonsense like "MY VIEWS ARE MY OWN!", your views will still be attached to that corporation

solution:
stop posting shit attached to your name

better solution:
stop using social media
But then they wouldn't be able to raise their personal prestige on the back of the franchise or company they managed to get a minimum wage job at.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Not new but now it's official

e17f14151b91fd4f1f4c89ae6446c32d.png

Somebody should tell her that if she's gonna be the PR manager of a company (or what is she?), she shouldn't blanket block hundreds of thousands of random people. Idk, just float her this idea.

You don’t hire this person to NOT block hundreds of thousands of people. People hire witches for a specific purpose, and it ain’t love and roses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There are women who can, but they’re not the kind who get hired. Single sex organizations evolved over the centuries to effectively identify and promote talent.

You don’t fuck up the sex piece without fucking up the effectiveness.

Mortmal

Arcane
A Gothic Horror Action RPG?

:shredder:
PLS BE GOOD
It cant be , AAA action games need AAA team , considerable work, knowledge, something the like of ubisoft or arkane studio can provide, that's why they are so valued on the stock market . Now imagine a D&D game done by arkane studio ,playing a stealthy assassin in the sword coast that could be great.
Here? a tag of new comers just hired, a beautiful PR person is not enough for a great game. I am more confident when i see a team of old bearded men onboard when it comes to rpg.
It's hard to make a great action RPG, it can only be shovelware.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
What AAA basically means,

- shit ton of useless VO
- shit ton of useless cosmetic options
- less passion
- more deadlines
- more idiots on team
- romances
- SJW drama
- focus on technology/visuals over gameplay
- overpriced orchestral scores
- overpriced voice actors
- less coherency and consistency

There are many reasons why small teams working in poor conditions produce cult classics, while AAA teams with millions of dollars behind them produce comical failures.

So kindly piss off with "AAA".

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
But then they wouldn't be able to raise their personal prestige on the back of the franchise or company they managed to get a minimum wage job at.
PR jobs do not pay minimum wage :lol:

J1M

Arcane
PR jobs do not pay minimum wage :lol:
Was talking about the practice in general. But an example of the more common sighting is the SJWs hired into comics in the last few years.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
How are DND rules going to translate to a third person AAA (presumably action) RPG? Do they even know what DND is?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
People from other studios who had projects cancelled are looking for new jobs/positions. I don't know what's up with this one, though.

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
:necro:
On the small chance anyone doubted it.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/hidden-path-lays-off-44

Hidden Path lays off 44​

Developer shelves RPG it had been working on after funding falls through

Hidden Path Entertainment founder and creative director Michael Austin confirmed on LinkedIn yesterday that the studio has laid off 44 employees, as spotted by Game Developer.

The studio's website says it has a team of "over 65" developers.

"For over six months, our team at Hidden Path Entertainment has been in numerous active discussions to find replacement funding for an exciting RPG project," Austin said.

"In the face of a challenging environment, we now have no choice but to pause development on that project and reduce the company size until we have an opportunity to return to it."

That RPG project appears to have been a Dungeons & Dragons game that Hidden Path had been working on with Wizards of the Coast.

The game was reportedly cancelled by Wizards of the Coast in January last year, but Hidden Path insisted at the time the game was still in the works.

It remains the featured title on the Games section of Hidden Path's website.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom