Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Small QOL feature

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
As list of people ignoring me grows I can't help but notice one small inconvenience: there is no way to know if someone is ignoring you unless you check your ignore list manually. This is not very handy since some clowns like to ignore users without any notification or mid-conversation.

I suggest to remedy this by adding some text notification near the ignoring user nickname. The choice of words is up to administration, but my suggestion is "this chickenshit is ignoring you" or such.

laclongquan

Arcane
I agree with OP on principle.

But a little more class, like a red line of "user XXXX is ignoring you" above his/her post, just so I know~

I mean, when they has such energy to ignore me, for me not know that is a little too sad, right?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
What do you care if they ignore you? You want to be constantly reminded that this or that guy has "punished" you for wrongthink? Don't worry about it. Assume nobody's ignoring you. Your posts are the best.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'd love a similar feature, I'm tired of checking manually every single day if rusty put me on ignore and it's time to create a new account.

Semiurge

Cipher
Codex is the only forum with public ignore lists that I know of, but there's still room for improvement. 'Ol Willy and Rusty are right. It would be even better if there were two individual options, one for enabling the text for yourself and one for enabling it for everyone else who has it enabled for themselves.

Last edited:

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
If you can find a Xenforo plugin for that, your chances of this being implemented increase by approximately 50% (from 0).

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's nice to know so you don't waste effort replying to them.

Some of them don't even commit fully to ignoring. They show posts temporarily and rate/reply to them.

It's like a kid who shoves their fingers in their ears and loudly yells they can't hear you, and then immediately starts getting mad when people talk about them.

If you're gonna shove someone on ignore, at least commit to it.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Isn't your brain the best ignore device? If I know a user consistently posts nonsense I do not need software to ignore him. And if the aforementioned user once in a blue moon posts something useful I don't want to miss it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom