Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
So technically I could use D2 version changer on my 1.09 and 1.10 saves to get them to 1.14 for use in the remaster

awesome

Testownia

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Criticizing Blizzard's art design is very relevant.

Agreed. But going on for pages and pages without talking about mechanics is pathetic.

Blizzard used to be a rounded company. In the 90s and 00s every element of their games were top notch. Music, graphics, gameplay, feature innovation, voice acting, writing, netcode, etc.

In the early days, their pixel art was NOT top-tier or even close. Cite any screencap you like, and I'll cite much better from the same era.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Agreed. But going on for pages and pages without talking about mechanics is pathetic.

Perhaps, but we don't know anything about the mechanics. We'd have to play the game, because Diablo mechanics are not understood by watching it, but by playing it.

We can't play the game, so what we have is art assets to bicker about, for the moment.

In the early days, their pixel art was NOT top-tier or even close. Cite any screencap you like, and I'll cite much better from the same era.

Their pixelart in Diablo II was very good. Their modern 3D art is not.

Testownia

Perhaps, but we don't know anything about the mechanics. We'd have to play the game, because Diablo mechanics are not understood by watching it, but by playing it.

We can't play the game, so what we have is art assets to bicker about, for the moment.

Their pixelart in Diablo II was very good. Their modern 3D art is not.

Diablo II isn't pixel-art.

Testownia

Also, did anyone actually ASK Blizzard why their characters unironically look as if they've aged by 20 years along with the game?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Mate they are using facial algorithms (like Outer Worlds or Oblivion), I thought that was obvious.

Necro has the same base face as Zon, Sorc has the same rounded potato face as Sin and Druid. Look closer. Also the base skeleton is the same on all of them, except in size.

D2 characters were unique and nothing like this. That's one of my main gripes. It looks stiff like shitty PoE now.

Testownia

Mate they are using facial algorithms (like Outer Worlds or Oblivion), I thought that was obvious.

Necro has the same base face as Zon, Sorc has the same rounded potato face as Sin and Druid. Look closer. Also the base skeleton is the same on all of them, except in size.

D2 characters were unique and nothing like this. That's one of my main gripes. It looks stiff like shitty PoE now.

And as I've pointed out many, many pages ago - no. They're using actual actors as the basis for their faces, like Keith David for the Paladin or Charles Dance for the Necromancer. I've listed them all previously.

Instead of focusing on trannies, maybe ask the question why we should shell out 40$+ for a graphical update instead of just playing D2 modded

:nocountryforshitposters:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Mechanics are identical to 1.14.

The old game is running beneath the remaster, you can swap between the old and new graphics per hotkey.

Think Starcraft Remaster where they even kept bugs as features.

link: https://diablo2.io/resurrected/index.html?width=wide#filter=.Mechanics

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Mechanics are identical to 1.14.

Not talking about things we know about. Animations and interactivity, response etc. are part of mechanics. Not talking about the rules or the basic underlying engine.

The old game is running beneath the remaster, you can swap between the old and new graphics per hotkey.

I know that. Thanks.

Testownia

With every new account, Auraculum becomes more and more retarded.

Like TNO: "each time you die, you lose a part of yourself"

And in Auraculum's case: "each time you make a new account, you become even more retarded"

Just around 5 accounts more and maybe I'll reach your levels of stupidity. One can only dream.

Zeriel

Arcane

Blizzard used to be a rounded company. In the 90s and 00s every element of their games were top notch. Music, graphics, gameplay, feature innovation, voice acting, writing, netcode, etc.

There are no mechanics to discuss, it's literally the same fucking game from 20 years ago. Do you not understand what "remaster" means?

This goes for everyone else being autistic about "coomers" too. The only thing you can talk about with the remaster is the graphics, because that's all that is really changing, unless you want to have a 50 page debate about the balance effects of moderately more space in the stash.

For what it's worth, I'm pleasantly surprised about the graphics overall. Other than the character faces, everything looks pretty good. I guess that's the advantage of using high quality source files, a remastered game from 20 years ago that originally had good art design looks better overall than Diablo 4's art design.

Testownia

There are no mechanics to discuss, it's literally the same fucking game from 20 years ago. Do you not understand what "remaster" means?

This goes for everyone else being autistic about "coomers" too. The only thing you can talk about with the remaster is the graphics, because that's all that is really changing, unless you want to have a 50 page debate about the balance effects of moderately more space in the stash.

For what it's worth, I'm pleasantly surprised about the graphics overall. Other than the character faces, everything looks pretty good. I guess that's the advantage of using high quality source files, a remastered game from 20 years ago that originally had good art design looks better overall than Diablo 4's art design.

Didn't they also mention that sound effects are getting a rework?

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, fair enough. But my point is overall that can all be filed under "aesthetics" and "production quality". There's nothing game design/mechanics to discuss.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
I said I was talking about early "Blizzard". Diablo 2 isn't early Blizzard unless you're a newfag.

I don't give a shit what your headcanon considers "early Blizzard", Diablo II was released in 2000 and that's only 6 years after Blizzard becomes a thing.

So, for anyone not on the spectrum, that's early Blizzard because that literally falls within their early years as a game developer.

If you wanted to argue about definitions that originate in your own headspace, do so in front of a mirror.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I said I was talking about early "Blizzard". Diablo 2 isn't early Blizzard unless you're a newfag.

I don't give a shit what your headcanon considers "early Blizzard", Diablo II was released in 2000 and that's only 6 years after Blizzard becomes a thing.

So, for anyone not on the spectrum, that's early Blizzard because that literally falls within their early years as a game developer.

If you wanted to argue about definitions that originate in your own headspace, do so in front of a mirror.

Gotta quote this one, lmao.

Testownia

Gotta quote this one, lmao.

I wondered when the biggest attention whore on the entire forum would show up.

To the other retards - haven't you figured out yet that you should ignore him? He clearly craves attention.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom