Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Well, if he thinks that's abrasive we now have confirmation that Larian don't read the Codex. Extra props to the guy asking "if you hate the game so much, WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE!"... in an Early Aceess feedback thread.
For added comedy I'd stress that it's MY feedback thread.
"So yeah, that's what I was doing there. Thanks for asking, bootlicker".

The guy seems also to be extremely fond of dismissing any criticism as "a vocal minority vs the silent million of satisfied buyers" (an argument used so frequently that few of us even started mocking him/her about it in other threads) and showing off a confrontational tone while asking people "How many games did you work on?".
Which would be condescending in general, but it's twice as hilarious if you keep in mind that by his own admission he never worked on any game, either.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
we now have confirmation that Larian don't read the Codex.
Oh no, they do. They sure do.

Never forget the time Lacrymas called their writing team the "7-man cuck squad":

[...]

Writing is something completely different than what vidya gaem writers treat it as (those that actually do want to be writers, like Larian's 7-man cuck squad) [...]

and they proudly wore it as a badge on Twitter:

And for today's bonus tweet, James Sephanie Sterling expressing their love for us in that same Twitter thread:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

LOL...

Anyway, there are larian employees who read the Codex? Probably.
There are larian employees who take advice from Codex users? Probably no.

If Swen reads RPG codex, he will probably think that we are a bunch of boomers disconnected from modern market demands and their target audience. There are a lot of Larian haters and lovers here. I was a Larian hater but now an more neutral. They did a ot of awful things like HP bloat, but a lot of amazing things, like helping some KS projects and RE popularizing turn based combat RPG's.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess you could say this is the reply that got me banned:
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=762915#Post762915
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=762969#Post762969

But according to him it's really more of a case of "I don't like your tone in general" rather than a single infraction.

Resetera tier of moderator. Weak reason to get banned.

Lol, Tuco's post was rather innocent and the thread had proved useful, most posters agreed with the issue as presented. He gets a 14 day ban and didn't offend anyone in particular, then someone targets him specifically and mentions his "masturbatory compulsions" and gets a 3 day ban. Amazing. If Larian gets that moderator to balance the encounters, we may have a fun game after all.

Last edited:

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I guess you could say this is the reply that got me banned:
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=762915#Post762915
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=762969#Post762969

But according to him it's really more of a case of "I don't like your tone in general" rather than a single infraction.

Resetera tier of moderator. Weak reason to get banned.

Lol, Tuco's post was rather innocent and the thread had proved useful, most posters agreed with the issue as presented. He gets a 14 ban day and didn't offend anyone in particular, then someone targets him specifically and mentions his "masturbatory compulsions" and gets a 3 day ban. Amazing. If Larian gets that moderator to balance the encounters, we may have a fun game after all.
I didn't read through the rest of the thread, but from what I saw Tuco was being normal and the people responding were being overly emotional or aggressive.

Thonius

Arcane
Well, somehow I managed to get a two weeks ban from the Larian forum.
For being "too abrasive" or something, despise not really breaking any specific rule.
Larian's mods on their forum and on Steam have gotten really itchy trigger fingers.

You can get banned just for backtalking to BG3 fanatics after they have literally insulted you simply for posting legit criticism of the game.
Stadia guys pushing or applying pressure for faster release to save their unborn still born creature abomination, ergo no time for changes ergo shut up our product is good.

Eh, I doubt it. If Larian would read the Codex, then D:OS 2 wouldn't have a ridiculous shield system or a deterministic combat system.
I mean, Swen even admitted openly that they were full aware of how disliked the armor system was but that they assumed people just didn't get what was supposed to be so good about it... Then they realized that they were wrong and people had legitimate grievances only months later.

Here, at 40:00 minutes: https://youtu.be/uKwi_5nePZg?t=2400

Except they are making the exact mistake now with the control scheme.

"Nah, it's good, you guys will come around eventually"
*Four months later*
"Boy, that surely sucked, uh? Too bad now it's actually too late to do anything about it!"

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
we now have confirmation that Larian don't read the Codex.

Never forget the time Lacrymas called their writing team the "7-man cuck squad":

[...]

Writing is something completely different than what vidya gaem writers treat it as (those that actually do want to be writers, like Larian's 7-man cuck squad) [...]

and they proudly wore it as a badge on Twitter:

And for today's bonus tweet, James Sephanie Sterling expressing their love for us in that same Twitter thread:

If Lacrymas is too much of an edgelord for you...

Desiderius

Patron
I didn't read through the rest of the thread, but from what I saw Tuco was being normal and the people responding were being overly emotional or aggressive.

Know the feeling. A lot of that going around.

God, those posts just confirm my feeling that Larian Fags will be the death of everything good about CRPGs.

Too pathetic to have that kind of power.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

Know the feeling. A lot of that going around.

I took a gander at your posts after you were ejected from the Owlcat forum and saw nothing bad, and I would agree it looked similar to the Tuco situation. I don't think whatever you posted that "earned" your ban was still there when I checked though.

Desiderius

Patron
New poster wrote a book about all the cool new ways he’d discovered to play that were obviously the only viable approach and turned out it was the same old same old Vivi MMO except with two healbots instead of one.

I welcomed him to the forum and told him I hoped he enjoyed being wrong and then improving as much as I did.

He was offended by the notion that I thought I knew more about his enjoyment than he did as if we weren’t both hiring Owlcat on that exact basis. He reported my original along with my reply that there was no reason to report me that he could just return the favor of telling me when I’m wrong as I often am.

All boils down to epistemology. Unapologetic realism is a bridge too far. As is ironically arguing for playing the game as designed, tho I made some converts there.

when is this gonna be playable (all chapters in)

I’ll buy it on sale. Looks good except for the ugly characters and those can be modded.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom