Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Urban Strife - turn-based zombie survival RPG

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Kiting 101 in Urban Strife.

Step 1 - Wake up some zombies
Step 2 - Find nasty people that want to kill you
Step 3 - Introduce nasty people to zombie herd
Step 4 - Profit

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer

For those more advanced in the craft of kiting, there are opportunities to save even more ammo.
Get the Army boys to clean up. The fun never ends.

Now God tier devious would be having unfortunate accident happen to the soldiers and landing some free ARs, but that's for you to try.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there a penalty for doing so? Maybe faction likes you less for coming to them with a train of zombies?

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Just don't do as Billy Bo did on his first attempt. Like getting in between a herd of undead and some trigger happy grunts with burst capable weapons. Friendly or not, those bullets hurt a lot.

PS: If you are wondering why an AR does so little to a zombie, it's because they're shooting the rotten body instead of the head.

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
The stuff in the trailer was a quick montage we HAD to put together fast for filming purposes.
Actual base management will have a pretty decent upgrade tree, tied to your faction alliances.
We'll try to give specific flavor to each path so no choice is "bad" but rather a different way to enjoy the game.

lightbane

Arcane
I wonder what stuff will bring you if you join the zombie cultists faction, if that's allowed.

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
There is no point into giving specific examples now, since everything is WIP and might change. But we can give you the faction manifestos. Do mind that all alignments can vary into evil/neutral/good. In general it is a bad idea to take anyone at face value in Urban.

A) Army faction is technology based, lawful alignment. They want order by all means. If you want to get the most advanced weapon upgrades, this is the way.
B) Cultists are naturists, neutral alignment. They want absolute peace (even with the undead). If you want serenity at home and alternative, non-violent combat, take this route.
C) Bikers are into underground/illegal, chaotic alignment. They want to profit and party to the end of the world. If you want to go into banned hardware and substances, they're your gang.

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
If you want to get the most advanced weapon upgrades, this is the way.
So, basically, High tech weapons, non-violence or drugs...
Was there a choice somewhere or am i missing something?

Different base upgrade trees, different types of missions and demands and a different storyline? Also, all factions have weapons, it's just the type that differs (military gear, homemade, contraband). The cultists won't run around sporting .50 cal sniper rifles.

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Low rewards are pretty much up for grabs with every faction, just need to do some basic legwork for them. 3/3
Medium tier require a friendly status and most likely you can only do 2/3.
Highest rewards are only for allies so they are 1/3.

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
What about rewards for going full hostile?

You're free to piss everyone off. Your reward will be eternal bragging rights and entitled superiority over all the normies and plebs who needed an ally to win the game.

Just don't forget that the winter is co... damn, wrong script. The horde is coming.

Expect a curve ball or two in the end game. And that's all I am saying.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
You're free to piss everyone off. Your reward will be eternal bragging rights and entitled superiority over all the normies and plebs who needed an ally to win the game.

Just don't forget that the winter is co... damn, wrong script. The horde is coming.

Expect a curve ball or two in the end game. And that's all I am saying.

If you can pull an exponential difficulty curve off for mid to late game, you'll be my hero, usually, once you leveled up your characters and gear up, nothing can stop you.
Huge mutants zombies and different breeds would be nice, boss fights and the likes, maybe with the addition of some random unusual enemies here and there to spice things up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom