Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Full feed is enabled, so there are ways to manually subscribe.

Blog navigability has been criticized by internet-illiterates, but I don't care. Google searches most sites best, anyway.

Whimper

Educated
People still blog? This thread reminds me of a Gordon Ramsey episode where much is made of a food critic who has a blog with several thousand followers, at the time they probably could help or hurt a restaurant, to watch now it seems really funny.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I hope Ramsay used some c00l thumbnails and made sure his videos were 2 hours.

Nigga ain't legit if you don't make feature length, double VHS tape videos.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Remain on-topic or I'm going to report your posts like I did with the other shitposts.

This topic is about my commentary. If you don't have anything to say about it, don't post here.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Hey Lilura, what's the best strategy to survive against doomguards at the cursed excavation site in BG1? At lvl 6 let's say.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Depends on party composition and equipment. If you have one tank that can hit hard with a magical weapon, they shouldn't be a problem. You're one level off gaining +0.5 warrior ApR, though.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I'm yet to visit this blog, will get around to it any day now. Any article recommendations?
https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2019/10/RPG-Rankings-Top-10-Best-PC-RPGs-of-All-Time.html
Read that and don't come back until you've played them all, reading each game's specific blog post during your play through.

Lilura, I've noticed that you've said that Temple of Elemental Evil has one of the best combat systems. Will you be trying Solasta, which is a turn based game based off of the inferior 5E but is accurate to it and has potential to be above most games but still below the pathfinders and 3.5's of crpgs? I personally think Solasta is up there

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Says the guy who thinks Wizardry 8 is a tactical masterpiece, lmao.

I never said Wizardry 8 is a tactical masterpiece.
The poster said he was playing the Savant's trilogy and i just commented.

Wizardry 8 is a masterpiece and the combat is good, it's also way more tactical than you know but what do you know exactly?
You admitted in this very thread you'll write about BG 3 without playing it, your credibility is as high as the Rial's value.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Lilura, I've noticed that you've said that Temple of Elemental Evil has one of the best combat systems. Will you be trying Solasta, which is a turn based game based off of the inferior 5E but is accurate to it and has potential to be above most games but still below the pathfinders and 3.5's of crpgs? I personally think Solasta is up there

I don't play anything beyond 3.5. Not even 3.75.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Does the medium matter as much as the message?

Yes and I will explain why blogs/write-ups are superior as a format:

I can listen to my own music. A video, you are forced to listen to some wiener, some dork, some NERD for the better half of 3 hours as they go on and on and on and on and on. At some point you figure this is less about the RPG and more about someone enjoying the sound of their own voice way too much. With a blog or write-up, you can play your own music and read at your own pace and enjoy things without losing focus. Videos? After ten-fifteen minutes, I'm officially zoned out. I often at that time pause the video and vow to come back to it, then realize I'm a horrible liar and never come back to it ever again. Now when I log onto YouTube I'll have that fucking video constantly haunting me on my homepage, begging me to finish it. But I never do. After two or so weeks the algorithm gets the message and replaces it with Catalina Catalogue video clips and spiders murdering insects.

In fact, I'm going to make an ostentatious claim! Blogs/write-ups are TURN BASED while videos are RTWP. Now you have to agree with me, or else.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can listen to my own music.
When I was a kid, my Romanian language teacher said that anything written that leaves extra mental process power to do something else, even as light as listening to music is probably of a mediocre value.

I slowly learned to extrapolate this to pretty much every medium that transmits information.

But, as always, I respect your opinion, as much as I love your sense of humour. :)

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
In fact, I'm going to make an ostentatious claim! Blogs/write-ups are TURN BASED while videos are RTWP. Now you have to agree with me, or else.
It's funny that you compare videos to rtwp and write ups to turn based since your entire argument against videos is that you can't focus for 10 minutes but blogs let you go at your own (slow) pace. Maybe the problem is that your attention span is so short and that you need people to take things slowly for you. Do multiple things moving in rtwp confuse you?

I disagree with the comparison but I think it's funny that you see one there.

Generic-Giant-Spider

UNDENIABLE PROOF I AM CORRECT AND ONTOPOLY WILL FOREVER LIVE LIFE BEING WRONG AND WILL NEED TO PUBLICALLY APOLOGIZE/BEND THE KNEE IN SERVITUDE TO LOLTH.

TWO HOURS of boooring, plodding, agonizing verbal waterboarding. After ten minutes you are likely thinking about the dishwasher not being loaded or where you went wrong in life to end up here. The points in the video are shallow and of no real worth to a real CRPG fan. Wow, BG1 is a LOW LEVEL ADVENTURE. Never would've figured that out by being level one. This video is the perfect example of how you can talk so much and say so little. It's just a storyfag filling a feature length movie with his trivial takes. And what kind of gay ass name is "Noah Caldwell-Gervais" anyways? That hyphen really gets my goat.

COMPARE:

https://lilura1.blogspot.com/p/baldurs-gate.html

A REAL thorough look. Actually goes into the systems, the gameplay, the quests, the weaponry/armor, all that conveniently and neatly assembled for your viewing pleasure. No article goes beyond ten minutes to read through and you can find any topic of interest instantly without praying some poor son of a bitch did your homework for you in the YouTube comments with timestamps.

WANNA TALK WAYLAYS? https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2019/1...w-On-Rest-Ambushes-and-Overworld-Waylays.html

WANNA FUCKING STEAL SOME VCRs? https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2019/1...ve-Review-Theft-Stealth-and-Backstabbing.html

WANNA KNOW BOSS TACTICS? https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2020/1...osz-Khosann-Davaeorn-Zhalimar-Cloudwulfe.html

All of that in the superior written form complete with screenshots and no awkward pauses or sound like the narrator is about to choke on their saliva at any point.

KISS THE RING, SCUM.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it.

I prefer blogs too. Especially if the video is by Noah Caldwell-Gervais who had a really bad take on Never Winter nights. I just didn't appreciate your comparison.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom