Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout The Worst Fallout Games - Fallout 1 & 2

Sykar

Arcane
must have really hit a nerve for you to spam my posts with ratings, are you screaming at your monitor right now too?

You really are an insufferable dumbfuck who does not even realize how retarded he is. For about 20 years, since Morrowind, Bethshit has crapped out buggy messes time after time and still gets near perfect scores for almost every major game they released. It only took those "gaming journalists" to get get butthurt over Bethderp not sending them copies and FO76 basically being an unplayable mess that they suddenly decided to give a pathetic asset flip that was buggier than all of their previous titles, an average score, even though that game did not even dserve a 1 and has not come down crashing and burning yet? And you wonder why I rate you retardred ever single time you open your moronic mouth? :lol:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The hilarity of the claiming the first two Fallouts are the worst because they are very different than the modern Fallout games is the fact Bethestards were defending Fallout 3 and 4 by saying just because it's different than the originals doesn't mean it's bad or makes them the worst games in the series.

Agree. Instead of owning up to "I don't like turn-based games", they play the "it's outdated" card. As if games with turn-based combat were a "product of their time", when in reality many games from popular franchises still sport turn-based combat.

If Tim Cain had wanted a shooter, he would have made this instead (which would have probably been a better shooter than Fallout 3 and 4, by the way).

alexander-berezin-v13.gif

Codex Year of the Donut
must have really hit a nerve for you to spam my posts with ratings, are you screaming at your monitor right now too?

You really are an insufferable dumbfuck who does not even realize how retarded he is. For about 20 years, since Morrowind, Bethshit has crapped out buggy messes time after time and still gets near perfect scores for almost every major game they released. It only took those "gaming journalists" to get get butthurt over Bethderp not sending them copies and FO76 basically being an unplayable mess that they suddenly decided to give a pathetic asset flip that was buggier than all of their previous titles, an average score, even though that game did not even dserve a 1 and has not come down crashing and burning yet? And you wonder why I rate you retardred ever single time you open your moronic mouth? :lol:
lol didn't read because you're butthurt

Codex Year of the Donut
it's obvious that negative press coverage of Fagout76 is the result of something else than the game itself, most likely some conflict between Jewish Zenimax-Shittesda and press outfit themselves
wow it's almost like it might be related to that thing I posted and stated that jo*rnalists hate bethesda for it

Codex Year of the Donut
wow it's almost like it might be related to that thing I posted and stated that jo*rnalists hate bethesda for it
This just proves that "reviews" and "scores" are absolutely independent from the product quality
No shit? Really?
And here I was thinking every year's minor revision of all the various sports games really were 98/100 perfect game ever never be topped.

That Failderp 3 and 4 got such high ratings by the "gaming journalists" justs shows how utterly retarded and corrupt that incestuous hive of scum and villany really is. As a teenager I was an avid Gamestar reader. I wisened up in my early 20s and have not read or payed for "gaming journalists" ever again. I still hope that at some point the whole puss filled rotten corpse that is "gaming journalism" gets swollowed up by daddy Nurgle.

The problem with journos is that they are just a marketing department of big corporations. When Fallout 3 comes out they say that turn based games are a thing of the past. When new Xcom comes out they say that turn based games are the best. They seem to hold no opinion on their own other than those people with lots of money wants them to hold. They forget about series that have no new sequels, but when the old series gets a new entry, they can't shout up about how the old ones were great. They will defend any anticonsumer practices of corporations as if their life depended on it. There is no mainstream free press, there is just a corporate press, whose sole purpose is serving corporate interest.
Jo*rnos hate Bethesda for no longer providing review copies of their games.
https://bethesda.net/en/article/42QH1pTNpKSYIcgKK2C4wW/bethesda-and-game-reviews

it caused jo*rnos to break down and have massive bitchfits over it
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...ad-for-gamers-and-sets-a-dangerous-precedent/
https://www.gamerevolution.com/feat...s-indicate-poor-quality-bethesda-dishonored-2
https://medium.com/defiant/video-game-reviews-are-broken-af05335f9b57
https://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/29/a-response-to-bethesdas-review-copies-policy
https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/bethesda-will-no-longer-send-early-review-copies/

Have you heard about access media? Access media is a big part of what I was criticizing. Journos don't usually suck up to corporations for free (although some of them do, behold the poisonous power of branding)

Codex Year of the Donut
That Failderp 3 and 4 got such high ratings by the "gaming journalists" justs shows how utterly retarded and corrupt that incestuous hive of scum and villany really is. As a teenager I was an avid Gamestar reader. I wisened up in my early 20s and have not read or payed for "gaming journalists" ever again. I still hope that at some point the whole puss filled rotten corpse that is "gaming journalism" gets swollowed up by daddy Nurgle.

The problem with journos is that they are just a marketing department of big corporations. When Fallout 3 comes out they say that turn based games are a thing of the past. When new Xcom comes out they say that turn based games are the best. They seem to hold no opinion on their own other than those people with lots of money wants them to hold. They forget about series that have no new sequels, but when the old series gets a new entry, they can't shout up about how the old ones were great. They will defend any anticonsumer practices of corporations as if their life depended on it. There is no mainstream free press, there is just a corporate press, whose sole purpose is serving corporate interest.
Jo*rnos hate Bethesda for no longer providing review copies of their games.
https://bethesda.net/en/article/42QH1pTNpKSYIcgKK2C4wW/bethesda-and-game-reviews

it caused jo*rnos to break down and have massive bitchfits over it
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...ad-for-gamers-and-sets-a-dangerous-precedent/
https://www.gamerevolution.com/feat...s-indicate-poor-quality-bethesda-dishonored-2
https://medium.com/defiant/video-game-reviews-are-broken-af05335f9b57
https://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/29/a-response-to-bethesdas-review-copies-policy
https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/bethesda-will-no-longer-send-early-review-copies/

Have you heard about access media? Access media is a big part of what I was criticizing. Journos don't usually suck up to corporations for free (although some of them do, behold the poisonous power of branding)
wow no I haven't, please tell me more about it because I'm sure it's completely unrelated to my post that you're quoting where jo*rnalists have mental breakdowns over not being allowed access to early review games

lol..holy shit, what a fucking degenerate fucking website. They have a 'feature' called "TL/DR" mode where you just click it and its a series of a few pictures that outline the article like its a comic book and gives the entire rating and conclusion of the article in about 60 words and takes like 20 seconds to get through. Holy fucking shit. No wonder they come to their shit conclusion. We are fucking doomed culture with people like this. Somebody needs to take names down for when the purge starts, these people are fucking absolutely destructive cultural wrecking balls, and they have zero fucking shame. They are proud of how completely vapid and shallow they are and wear it like a badge of honor.... total filth.
Most articles on outlets are far too long because they have to meet a minimum word count. There's absolutely nothing wrong with brevity.
except you end up with an entire generation of fucking absolute morons with opinions like this and then wonder why you only get acshun games with an awesome button.

Last edited:
Best Fallout Game - Fallout 4
We all know it's New Vegas.
lol..holy shit, what a fucking degenerate fucking website. They have a 'feature' called "TL/DR" mode where you just click it and its a series of a few pictures that outline the article like its a comic book and gives the entire rating and conclusion of the article in about 60 words and takes like 20 seconds to get through.
That's actually a good thing. Why the fuck should I spend a couple of minutes reading some journo article just so I could reach his shit conclusion? Start with the conclusion so I can say it's shit and move on.
the point is not that you should read the article, the point is entire generations expect brevity and then design for it, and thus you eventually end up with the idea that 'reading' is bad and hard, and you never get games like fallout 1 and 2 again.

PEACH

Arbiter
Best Fallout Game - Fallout 4
We all know it's New Vegas.
lol..holy shit, what a fucking degenerate fucking website. They have a 'feature' called "TL/DR" mode where you just click it and its a series of a few pictures that outline the article like its a comic book and gives the entire rating and conclusion of the article in about 60 words and takes like 20 seconds to get through.
That's actually a good thing. Why the fuck should I spend a couple of minutes reading some journo article just so I could reach his shit conclusion? Start with the conclusion so I can say it's shit and move on.
the point is not that you should read the article, the point is entire generations expect brevity and then design for it, and thus you eventually end up with the idea that 'reading' is bad and hard, and you never get games like fallout 1 and 2 again.

Ironic considering the first Fallout is the gold standard for brevity in RPG design to this day

Gastrick

Cipher
If you click the link you give them traffic and you lose.
If you leave a raging comment there you give them coverage and you lose.
If you ignore them the retards keep being retarded.
It's a war we cannot win.
You do need to pick your battles. If you do care enough(I don't), there is one way, leave negative comments on his Twitter instead. The message comes through and the site doesn't get coverage or traffic, only twitter. The best other thing is digging up some shit in his past and using it against him.
https://twitter.com/zackeriefairfax

Devastator

Learned
I just hope these kind of articles aren't a PR campaign before some sort of remakes are announced. If only Fallout 1 and 2 had the looks, polish and gameplay of Fallout 4, right? :?

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
The ragebait writers cast their baleful gaze upon the Fallout franchise, and muse about how they can possibly piss Fallout fans off even worse than Bethesda did.

grimer

Learned
the point is entire generations expect brevity and then design for it, and thus you eventually end up with the idea that 'reading' is bad and hard, and you never get games like fallout 1 and 2 again.
uhuh...instead we should get games like pillars of eternity and torment tides of numenera

the point is entire generations expect brevity and then design for it, and thus you eventually end up with the idea that 'reading' is bad and hard, and you never get games like fallout 1 and 2 again.
uhuh...instead we should get games like pillars of eternity and torment tides of numenera
29307.jpg

fuck off retard, we know you don't like reading you big Mcdonald Grimace Soy Face Looking Bitch

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I don't see the problem with this "article". Some things should be separated. I'll let the Nuge do the talking :

I'm fine without the boys.

MartinK

Learned
Fallout 2 is skippable. Only thing it does better than the original is compation management, otherwise it brings nothing of value to the series. You can ignore Fallout 3 and 4 too, they are mediocre trash for self evident reasons. Fallout NV is mediocre shooter with some good writting, but if you wanna play a game for the writting you would do better with that estnonian VN made by commies. The original Fallout itself is also somewhat overrated. Yes it was good in the context of 1996, but its many flaws are noticeable and over time, its overblown influence over the genre has turned stiffling and poisonous. I would go as far as to say if you wanna make a trully good postnuclear CRPG or maybe even good CRPG in general you have to unlearn Fallout.

Falksi

Arcane
Got to admit, as someone who missed FO1&2 first time around, I've found it hard to get into them when trying to in the past few years. This bit I think is a fair comment......

Their slow pacing and lackluster gameplay make them mostly unenjoyable to play for those who are used to modern-day gaming

But then you also have to question how much actually effort they put into trying to get into the games too. I'm gonna return to both at some point over the next year or so, and try again.

One things for sure, as someone who absolutely buzzed off FO3 & NV on their initial playthroughs, on return I find both boring as fuck now. NV's better and hold my attention for longer though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom