Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Everyone throw their Throwing builds up here.

I know CHEMS will have PER 6 for Ambush. :lol:

CHEMS

Scholar
Sheepherder with that dominating thrower of yours, how did you manage to beat THE nagas fights and RAF13? Did you go there with torch or something?

im thinking about doing thrower(no wizardry) on hard/dominating but some robotic and crawlers enemies that im aware of make me sweat.

Well, with the Shit Shurikens, now a thrower can damage robots with throwing. Won't be easy, though. Bring lotsa EMP grenades just in case.

Everyone throw their Throwing builds up here.

Ambush only works with weapons, sadly. But i do love throwing, fatal throw gives all the throwing crits i need. Don't care much for three pointer, though. Wasted perk slot imo.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Currently playing a Crossbow build on dominating, and it's great. No Aimed Shot or snipe, purely use Elemental bolts, which gives you enough utility to deal with anything you might come across. Once you get Corrosive and Rusting Acid, even heavy machinery becomes manageable with some shock bolts and a good energy shield. Only thing I would change is maybe getting Aimed Shot just for Sharpshooter, but the damage has been enough regardless, as I get to shoot six times with a penumatic reloading Cyclone, special tactics, and adrenaline. Could bump it up to seven or eight with TM I think.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Well, with the Shit Shurikens, now a thrower can damage robots with throwing. Won't be easy, though. Bring lotsa EMP grenades just in case.
that punny dmg wont affect nagas, nor do much against heavy automatons

throwing knife might be called light weapon in random places but they are not weapons. You would be surprised how many feats do not work with them

If Throwing didn't come with grenades as a package deal, I'd never even think of trying it. But since you do get EMP and HE grenades,
wait for first crawler man... that armor + regen combo. No touching it without poisons

Tigranes

Arcane
Did anyone actually go ahead and do a GUN FU versatility build? How did it go? Build links? Can't believe I'm being sucked into playing UR yet again

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron

You've got to be trolling. :lol:

Grenadier at 28 and Strafe at level 30 (so you can use it for 15% of the game, or less)? Burglar and not Interloper, coupled with Pickpocketing but no Ninja Looter? And with everything else those skills are doing, enough of a psi dip for PT Contraction, leading to 3 CON and Psi Empathy on Hard/Dominating?

You're utterly insane, and I salute you. :salute:

I have no doubt it could work, but it just looks like suffering, like something that's begging to be put out of its misery. Frankly, if I had my way, Temporal Manipulation AND the psi nerf would be deleted wholesale.

CHEMS

Scholar
The last two perks could be anything. I wouldn't take strafe and grenadier anyway. Pickpocketing is to steal powerful pickups at Drag n Drop. Burglar is excelent to infiltrate hostile enviroments without being seen. I played something like this on DOM and it worked well, on hard should be a breeze

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Pickpocketing is to steal powerful pickups at Drag n Drop.

Ah, so, that's why it's called the Drag 'n' Drop. That's beautiful. +M

It's bit of a spoiler for me, but that's the risk one takes slumming in the megathread after a bunch of updates. If the Drag 'n' Drop's renewable pickpocketing farm is enough to encourage even shameless min-maxers to take Pickpocketing, then I can only see it as a good thing.

Burglar is excelent to infiltrate hostile enviroments without being seen.

Interloper is also excellent for infiltration, and in my experience, stealth clothes and a cloaking device are more than enough to sneak in anywhere—even for a character with zero native Stealth and no feats.

That may change on Dominating, but the character you're presenting actually has quite a good Stealth skill, which along with Infiltrator should be far more than enough.

Black Angel

Arcane
Blaine CHEMS check out this guy's xbow:

Build he took from here https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=4615.0 pretty old, though, in 2019 which is few patches, tweaks, and hotfixes away from the current version.

His only criticism of the build is that Aimed Shots and Snipe aren't useful with xbow because you can't use them with elemental bolts. What do you guys think? Sheepherder already said this:
Aimed shot doesn't work with Elemental Bolts, but Sharpshooter, which requires Aimed Shot, is a must. It's a great alpha strike feat, as with specced CP that 30% turns into 90%. Also, Aimed Shot is good for early game, when elemental bots deal meh damage, crit chance is still low-ish and most enemies don't have high mechanical DR/DT. It immediately becomes redundant past lvl14, when Elemental Bolts feat becomes available.

Snipe is pointless for Elemental Bolts.

Supermedo

Augur

Build he took from here https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=4615.0 pretty old, though, in 2019 which is few patches, tweaks, and hotfixes away from the current version.

His only criticism of the build is that Aimed Shots and Snipe aren't useful with xbow because you can't use them with elemental bolts. What do you guys think? Sheepherder already said this:
Aimed shot doesn't work with Elemental Bolts, but Sharpshooter, which requires Aimed Shot, is a must. It's a great alpha strike feat, as with specced CP that 30% turns into 90%. Also, Aimed Shot is good for early game, when elemental bots deal meh damage, crit chance is still low-ish and most enemies don't have high mechanical DR/DT. It immediately becomes redundant past lvl14, when Elemental Bolts feat becomes available.

Jesus, how did he get 100% Crits, I had to use multiple drugs to get my crits chance to 40%

CHEMS

Scholar
If the Drag 'n' Drop's renewable pickpocketing farm is enough to encourage even shameless min-maxers to take Pickpocketing, then I can only see it as a good thing.
Drag n Drop refresh its patrons every 20 minutes or so. When the gamblers are there, you can steal All In, which is gives you 3+ to every attribute for 20 minutes, but makes you get crit everytime you get hit. Great for tricky stat checks. You can get an infinite amount of them with pickpocketing.

Interloper is also excellent for infiltration
But that is for stealth speed. If i remember correctly you can "cheat" this by taking a jumping bean then entering stealth. Burglar makes your picking and hacking take just one second, it's very useful.

I agree with Sheepherder on that one. I only take Aimed Shot to get Sharpshooter and Shooting Spree. Aimed Shot may be good on the early game, but after you get Ambush, good stealth, googles and focus stim you won't need it no more.

CHEMS

Scholar
I'm testing my JC Denton build on hard/oddity. It's amazing how it feels easy after playing on dominating for so long. Psi Beatles are a nightmare for a early character, in hard they're just pathetic.

Also, Blaine, what do you think of fully-specced Disassemble? Free repair and free upgrades, easy money!
Did this once, it's sure useful reassembilng your weapons on the go. But easy money? My moneymaker is having at least 50 effective tailoring and make money out of rats: kill rathound > grab his leather > craft into armor > recycle the armor > get advanced repair kit > repair any tacvest i get to full > sell

They respawn, so you have basically infinite repair kit for fabric armor

Sheepherder

Augur
Sheepherder with that dominating thrower of yours, how did you manage to beat THE nagas fights and RAF13? Did you go there with torch or something?

im thinking about doing thrower(no wizardry) on hard/dominating but some robotic and crawlers enemies that im aware of make me sweat.
I played before the patch, so the shurikens weren't available. I dealt with Nagas by being a little bitch and stealthing past them. I was able to deal single digit mechanical damage to Dreads, but Nagas have too much mech DT. I could barely scratch them. After the patch, it's possible to throw acid flasks. Which means you can buy some corrosive acid from the pirate bio merchant, make some puddles, stack up Corrosive debuff on nagas and hopefully kill them. This is an educated guess and I haven't tested this personally.

Elemental xbows are a good SI weapon, as they can easily get SI without sacrificing much. Xbows can also deal good damage with bleeding wounds. I took an xbow build to DC but didn't finish it. Did 4naga and Apogee tho. This was before CP nerf:

4naga
Ijcc2ca.jpg

Apogee
cz9jpaT.jpg

Carnifex dying from bleeding:
3u1qIBh.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
I hear people talking about shurikens, i thoguht this was some mods, where do you access them ? I dont remember seeing them on sale nor any blue prints. Yet i played recently.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Problem with throwing acid is that it appears they only do nominal damage. No modifiers, nothing. I played with throwing vials around a little bit, it sounds better on paper.
dmg with stacking debuff that might eventually enable throwing knives sound better than no dmg at all :happytrollboy:

ciox

Liturgist
corrosive acid
didnt think of acid vials, but in my defense they werent around when i played

Problem with throwing acid is that it appears they only do nominal damage. No modifiers, nothing. I played with throwing vials around a little bit, it sounds better on paper.

Acid flasks can crit, and Fatal Throw seems to have partial influence over them, you don't get +18 action points, but the vials always crit on a low health enemy.
However, this slight bit in favor of the vials may have been *shudder* not on the dev drawing board, so don't be surprised if it's suddenly gone.

Another thing to investigate would be if Ripper increases their crit damage bonus, but - Da WiLd ThRoWwA - has dumped Will.

Tygrende

Arbiter
If the Drag 'n' Drop's renewable pickpocketing farm is enough to encourage even shameless min-maxers to take Pickpocketing, then I can only see it as a good thing.
Pickpocket was always an underrated skill even before DnD. Easy money/ammo/drugs early in the game when money is still an issue, unique oddities, alternative to hacking/lockpick a lot of the times with a much lower investment cost, there's also at least one quest that cannot be completed without pickpocket period. It's overall more valueable than lockpick if you ask me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom