Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
They should make changes to D2R, it's a 20 year old game, it could stand some xtra end game stuff, and loads of qol changes.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Because yes, the original Diablo 2 had it, not so much in the black Paladin but in that more than half of masculine roles for NPCs are fulfilled by women. The rogues in the first act with the female blacksmith, the Paladin blacksmith in the second act, the mercenary and mage hunter whatever the fuck in the third act. Wombyn warrior, strong wombyn, proud wombyn. They plastered that shit everywhere
I'm not the one to sperg about "over-representation of women", but women-blacksmith bullshit triggers me just fine. Blacksmith is the profession that requires good amounts of physical strength and endurance; female blacksmiths make absolutely no sense and it's the clear sign of them being created by some wussy who hasn't lifted anything heavier than the computer mouse in his life. And to make things worse, this is not only Diablo - Tyranny has female blacksmiths as well, and most likely even more games.

Harthwain

Magister
They should make changes to D2R, it's a 20 year old game, it could stand some xtra end game stuff, and loads of qol changes.
Maybe so, but I don't trust them to do any changes. At this point I don't even trust them to do the remaster properly.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe so, but I don't trust them to do any changes. At this point I don't even trust them to do the remaster properly.
I have no interest in this if they don't change a looooot of things (which they won't), just like I had no interest in WoW Classic due to no changes. It's dumb not to correct mistakes that were either originally there or were accumulated through patches over time. The skill trees need a lot of work, the runewords need either work or removal entirely, the end-game is suspect, etc.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Lilura, what would you say are Diablo 2's big issues?

Let's just go one at a time. You mentioned runewords, and that's one good example. Some of them are too useful / OP. And in many cases, that takes away from the beauty of sculpting a truly individual build through godly magic and rare item mods. This is one reason why low level dueling builds are much more impressive - mechanically, aesthetically and in terms of dedication - than mid or epic builds: LLDers sculpted their builds around magic and rare items because those outstrip the runewords at low level.

typical user

Arbiter
The issues they could fix that both newcomers and pleistocene autsists would like:
  • additional tab on character sheet showing all accumulated bonuses and FCR, FHR, FBR breakpoints
  • shared stash space for multiplayer (everyone is using mules currently)
  • fix Act 2 merc crashing the game using Dellirium runeword (no one is using this awesome crowd-control tool because no one wants to bother with game crashes)
  • fix claw vipers' poison stunlocking and delivering tremendous damage by constant reapplication
  • get rid of Duriel's town portal scroll drops (outside of being a meme Duriel for this reason is atrocious boss to farm)
  • fix mercs losing aggro when they rubberband teleport to you (if they get stuck somewhere they will warp to your character but the mobs will ignore them and focus you unless you re-log or your merc dies from AOE attacks)
  • fix corpse-explosion & fire-enchanted explosions dealing double damage / applying damage twice on nightmare difficulty (as far as I remember both player and mobs are affected)
  • fix Andariel loot drop-rate if you quest-bug her

Things like balancing should be changed in post-release patches after conducting a community survey. I would like to have dynamic drop-rates so people wouldn't farm AT, Meph, Pindle, Shenk and Pits ad infinitum and some other more drastic things like decreasing drops of non-exceptional & non-elite and low level runes outside normal & nightmare difficulty (how many Isenharts Meph has dropped me is bullshit). But hey I don't want to force those things especially on Hardcore mode.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Duriel has the best drops stop lying!
FxaExSXLWJaeO8Of4xLvbOOjR7ijYS9G0n7_iWfhWFE.png

Duriel in his grave:
tumblr_inline_os6paqXwj61v02tnt_540.gif

You're talking about mechanics designed around much slower Internet speeds, which simply don't function as intended in the current day. Even private servers took that into account. It's like reeeing about putting widescreen support into a game that had none before, simply because "it wasn't designed that way."
Private servers mostly made do with what they had (templates hacked together by some dude in his moms basement, then painstakingly spending years trying to improve upon that), often compromising with a policy of pain vs gain (ie. most things were not worth recreating due to incompetency and laziness, as well as lost information).
Most popular vanilla ones weren't even based on vanilla. Expecting a bunch of hacks to go around remaking things 1:1 is impossible and/or infeasible with reverse engineering, guesswork, and the fact that stupid faggots like you don't know or remember how things worked in the first place, anyway, and are willing to settle for less as long as you have a place to fuck around. Any veteran of that scene could tell the most popular projects were essentially stock mangos due to the bugs and broken spells.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

And no, adding some basic resolution support is nothing like breaking underlying game mechanics. :lol:

Testownia

You're talking about mechanics designed around much slower Internet speeds, which simply don't function as intended in the current day. Even private servers took that into account. It's like reeeing about putting widescreen support into a game that had none before, simply because "it wasn't designed that way."
Private servers mostly made do with what they had (templates hacked together by some dude in his moms basement, then painstakingly spending years trying to improve upon that), often compromising with a policy of pain vs gain (ie. most things were not worth recreating due to incompetency and laziness, as well as lost information).
Most popular vanilla ones weren't even based on vanilla. Expecting a bunch of hacks to go around remaking things 1:1 is impossible and/or infeasible with reverse engineering, guesswork, and the fact that stupid faggots like you don't know or remember how things worked in the first place, anyway, and are willing to settle for less as long as you have a place to fuck around. Any veteran of that scene could tell the most popular projects were essentially stock mangos due to the bugs and broken spells.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

And no, adding some basic resolution support is nothing like breaking underlying game mechanics. :lol:

I don't see you displaying any sort of knowledge about said "underlying mechanics" whatsoever, other than throwing insults, basic terminology that you can google within a minute, and acting like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum. Just because you're wrong doesn't mean you have to cry about it, my friend.

I don't see you displaying any sort of knowledge about said "underlying mechanics" whatsoever, other than throwing insults, basic terminology that you can google within a minute, and acting like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum. Just because you're wrong doesn't mean you have to cry about it, my friend.
:lol: So much for a substantive response, I guess.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Duriel needs to drop town scrolls because otherwise you are locked in the place, or i think that's the logic.

I was never a master looter but i was under the impression only Diablo and Baal are worth grinding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom