Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout The Worst Fallout Games - Fallout 1 & 2

grimer

Learned
fuck off retard, we know you don't like reading you big Mcdonald Grimace Soy Face Looking Bitch
ok storyfag. go back to reading some failed author's fanfiction while the rest of us rpg connoisseurs play games for their gameplay.

MartinK

Learned
ok storyfag. go back to reading some failed author's fanfiction while the rest of us rpg connoisseurs play games for their gameplay.

Fallout (both the original duology and the nuFallouts) has trash gameplay. Very bare bones and lakcing any depth of tactical choices. It was all about easthetics. I remeber using the flamethrower in Fallout 2 because I lliked NPCs doing the fire dance, despite being well aware that I should be using more optimal gun.

jackofshadows

Magister
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEy5VlMhQZ0&list=PL3itm4Cj7SBCIfh6kY5TLS3D6pZ5wUxhn&index=1

You wanna see how a modern gamer deals with original FO in an entertaining way?
It's not that entertaining, unfortunately. Moreover, I even feel bad for whatever poor shmuck that is because the game is suppose to be played after reading through the manual. Tbh, that could be revelation even for some try hard shitposters here but this is just pathetic: 'we put few more points into perception and intelligence...'. Ok, sure, but why? '...Because inteligence was always important stat in all fallout games that I've played.
:deathclaw:

.Pixote.

Augur
ZACKERIE FAIRFAX missed out on one of the best endings to a computer game ever, his loss...the entrails, the entrails.

JLq83EJX.jpg

tumblr_inline_ofw9ixmNaL1sgvwnx_250.gifv

Last edited:
That Failderp 3 and 4 got such high ratings by the "gaming journalists" justs shows how utterly retarded and corrupt that incestuous hive of scum and villany really is. As a teenager I was an avid Gamestar reader. I wisened up in my early 20s and have not read or payed for "gaming journalists" ever again. I still hope that at some point the whole puss filled rotten corpse that is "gaming journalism" gets swollowed up by daddy Nurgle.

The problem with journos is that they are just a marketing department of big corporations. When Fallout 3 comes out they say that turn based games are a thing of the past. When new Xcom comes out they say that turn based games are the best. They seem to hold no opinion on their own other than those people with lots of money wants them to hold. They forget about series that have no new sequels, but when the old series gets a new entry, they can't shout up about how the old ones were great. They will defend any anticonsumer practices of corporations as if their life depended on it. There is no mainstream free press, there is just a corporate press, whose sole purpose is serving corporate interest.
Jo*rnos hate Bethesda for no longer providing review copies of their games.
https://bethesda.net/en/article/42QH1pTNpKSYIcgKK2C4wW/bethesda-and-game-reviews

it caused jo*rnos to break down and have massive bitchfits over it
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...ad-for-gamers-and-sets-a-dangerous-precedent/
https://www.gamerevolution.com/feat...s-indicate-poor-quality-bethesda-dishonored-2
https://medium.com/defiant/video-game-reviews-are-broken-af05335f9b57
https://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/29/a-response-to-bethesdas-review-copies-policy
https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/bethesda-will-no-longer-send-early-review-copies/

That's been over for years now. Bethesda even had a big event for journalists for Fallout 76, which was an odd choice to roll the red carpet out on. I think everything they've put out since 76 has had review copies again.

ZACKERIE FAIRFAX missed out on one of the best endings to a computer game ever, his loss...the entrails, the entrails.

JLq83EJX.jpg

tumblr_inline_ofw9ixmNaL1sgvwnx_250.gifv
WTF is wrong with him? His proportions look all off, his head is enormous and his arm land hands look withered and shrunken like a t-rex hand...his fingers look like scrawny little ratkin fingers...I guess if he has some condition other than being a basement dwelling dork with the wrong opinions I will feel bad...

That Failderp 3 and 4 got such high ratings by the "gaming journalists" justs shows how utterly retarded and corrupt that incestuous hive of scum and villany really is. As a teenager I was an avid Gamestar reader. I wisened up in my early 20s and have not read or payed for "gaming journalists" ever again. I still hope that at some point the whole puss filled rotten corpse that is "gaming journalism" gets swollowed up by daddy Nurgle.

The problem with journos is that they are just a marketing department of big corporations. When Fallout 3 comes out they say that turn based games are a thing of the past. When new Xcom comes out they say that turn based games are the best. They seem to hold no opinion on their own other than those people with lots of money wants them to hold. They forget about series that have no new sequels, but when the old series gets a new entry, they can't shout up about how the old ones were great. They will defend any anticonsumer practices of corporations as if their life depended on it. There is no mainstream free press, there is just a corporate press, whose sole purpose is serving corporate interest.

The timing of all this was especially funny too. Fallout 3 comes out and it's just a FPS, (despite Bethesda saying it wouldn't be this) it's just Elder Scrolls with guns. Do games journalists give a shit? No. Now I wouldn't exactly expect them to give a shit because I don't expect most of any of them to have played any Fallout games other than maybe when some of them had to review that console Brotherhood of Steel game from a few years before that makes you wonder what exactly the fuck Interplay was thinking. A couple years later, and this is the same time Fallout: New Vegas is coming out, we get looks at new FPS versions of XCOM and Syndicate but now every fucking outlet is acting like FPS versions of XCOM and Syndicate are a fucking crime. I felt like I was going insane at that time, one moment you might hear someone (who probably never played any of the previous games) say how terrible it was that XCOM was being turned into a FPS, the next you might hear the same person say how great Fallout 3 was and how much they were looking forward to more FPS Fallout with New Vegas.

Although I wouldn't say it's them following whatever some game publisher is doing. It's more them just playing follow the leader, and being spineless. There wasn't a huge outcry when it came to Fallout 3 so what little there was was just dismissed...and like I said they mostly had probably never played a Fallout anyways. Conversely Bethesda and Elder Scrolls had just blown up with Oblivion, so they've got little reason to care what a few people from like NMA think in comparison to the majority of their audience who may get pissed at them for saying something bad about the new Bethesda thing. When Syndicate and XCOM came around at the same time, despite these probably being even smaller than Fallout, you had a thing going on that could be jumped on. I'm sure it also didn't hurt that Syndicate was being put out by EA, and at that time hyperbolic takes like "EA is the worst company in America" (EA makes some bad games, but as far as I know they haven't killed anyone like DuPont) were pretty big, so pretending to care was good for the video game outlets.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
EA makes sports games. They get a pass. Fukk Pandemic, Bullfrog, Maxis, and Bioware. R00fles!

(EA makes some bad games, but as far as I know they haven't killed anyone like DuPont)
Pandemic
Bullfrog
Maxis

(and they don't have the decency to kill Bioware)

EA killing Pandemic sucked. They may also be the weirdest one that EA killed too; as they had experience making open world games, so EA could have easily just had them doing to get some of that GTA money. But I'd guess EA never gave much of a shit about Pandemic either, they were probably just seen as some extra that came with buying BioWare. EA wasn't talking all glowingly about Pandemic like they were BioWare after that buyout.

Bullfrog barely made sense anymore when they shut it down. If you're talking the big names behind the studio they'd all basically left by the end of the '90s. EA was also working with what may as well have been Bullfrog (Lionhead) in the early 2000s on Black & White, which is exactly the kind of game Bullfrog would have made. Bullfrog was shutdown the same year EA released Lionhead's Black & White.

Maxis seems to technically still be around, and are still making stuff for The Sims. What happened to them does suck, and I remember thinking what happened to Will Wright was shitty when I read about it years ago, but it also sounds like development of Spore was a disaster, and even after a few years of development the released game of Spore seemed little more than a half thought out idea.

Takamori

Learned
At this point I thought we would be smart enough and avoid clickbait and shit tier articles, but yet we get caught in those hooks without any bait to make appealing.
You are justifying the existence of this talentless hack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom