Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How was your first time?

Kainan

Learned
My first was Oblivion and Kotor 2, about at the same time.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
FO demo came with a magazine my dad bought, 11 so my english was pretty basic but boy was I intrigued. He bought me the full game for christmass, it and Warhammer tought me english. Still have the CD and manual (in dutch lol), "Survivalgids voor bunkerbewoners" :love:

Ahnx

Educated
Gateway to the Savage Frontier. And I still like this game a lot.

Kainan

Learned
My first was Oblivion and Kotor 2, about at the same time.
Actually thinking back it was Diablo 2 but i didn't know at the time it was an rpg. Someone told me it was "hack and slash" and i always called those games like that. I haven't even heard the term Rpg until Oblivion/Kotor(lol).

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I remember being disappointed after my first time. I'm sure it would have been much better if it was Turn Based.

DaveO

Erudite
Since I'm pretty sure I started my RPGs with Ultima II, my memories were of the Time of Legends and of course Minax. The space stuff is just extra.

Takamori

Learned
My first RPG was Diablo 1, I was 7 years old at the time I think? My cousins showed me and wanted to play a prank on me so I would be scared with the game. Indeed I got scared during the Cathedral with baby screams in the background and the Butcher, but then I overcame the fear and fell in love with the game until I killed Diablo with my Warrior.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This thread just makes me want to spend more time with my dad while I still can because he was such a chad that Darklands was the first RPG he brought home. Sorry for all you blobber fans, but he was too much of a chad to play any of that shit and waited until there was a proper RPG with a historical basis before he'd play one.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My first RPG was Diablo 1, I was 7 years old at the time

Kids these days! When I was 7 the closest I got to computer games was watching other people attempt to load games from casettes on a ZX Spectrum hooked up to some black-and-white Soviet TV set... Part of the game was screwing around with the head alignment of the tape deck so the game would eventually load without errors!

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I really don't remember, the first game was probably legend of dragoon on my psx when i was 7 but i dropped it, my true first rpg was probably Diablo 2, hundreds of hours poured into that game with my friend. I haven't played a story fag rpg (baldurs gate, arcanum or pillars of eternity) because all females look like transexuals, i only like old blobbers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom