Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Apparently it will be Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Given that this is The Outer Worlds it's more like https://futurama.fandom.com/wiki/Fry_&_the_Slurm_Factory

Imagine Starks can't be bothered to read an old children's book or watch an old movie, but she can watch a 20 minute episode of Futurama, sure.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I actually liked the game. Scratched my "space adventure!" itch.

This is going to trigger the Codex hive mind, but the experience felt like a weird mix of Fallout 2 and Bloodlines at times.

(Oh, and I miss ADA already :shittydog:)
gunning for that sweet Obsidian community manager spot?

Codex Year of the Donut
rD0rZEC.png

ouch
I hope this was just posted or people have zero interest

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:what: That's a AAA-quality cinematic, Obsidian putting that Microsoft money to good use. And that's an attractive woman with a non-butch haircut. Feels really incongruent with the rest of the game though. :\

Hellraiser

Arcane
A chick that actually looks hot and not like a half shaved 12 year old boy? From TOW? Am I still on planet Earth?

You have been transported to the BEST TIMELINE. Enjoy a superior version of Earth's history where TOW is not mediocrity-incarnate and Van Buren was released, with Herve Caen imprisoned in a rape dungeon for his crimes and Cyberpunk 2077 is a a party-based RPG with turn-based tactical combat. Star Citizen was released 6 years ago. Also there are over 50000 people living in Shackleton City on the Moon and the latest Mars expedition started erecting the first colony dome.

Also don't forget to buy the latest Troika RPG, "20000 leagues under the Arcanum Sea".

Latro

Arcane
I guess someone at Obsidian (finally) realized that despite all the faux-hankering for representation, all the tumblr-Twitterites still obsess over attractive character designs.

Drowed

Arcane
How is this game not dead yet? Seriously, that is the most surprising thing to me. Not that it' s terrible, but it is mediocre to such an extent that I honestly believed that in a few months no one would talk about it anymore - but here we are. With these two expansions/DLCs, they will finally make use of the planets that appeared on the game's central map but that you couldn't interact with?

Latro

Arcane
How is this game not dead yet? Seriously, that is the most surprising thing to me. Not that it' s terrible, but it is mediocre to such an extent that I honestly believed that in a few months no one would talk about it anymore - but here we are. With these two expansions/DLCs, they will finally make use of the planets that appeared on the game's central map but that you couldn't interact with?
They cleared it months in advance, probably. They have MS money now, so it’s just filler content for game pass.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They cleared it months in advance, probably. They have MS money now, so it’s just filler content for game pass.
You don't get any of the DLCs on game pass. Or, I suppose, they want to attract people to buy the DLC on the game pass app.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I guess someone at Obsidian (finally) realized that despite all the faux-hankering for representation, all the tumblr-Twitterites still obsess over attractive character designs.
I think it's just that with Micro$oft money they can finally afford some hair-physics middleware.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom