Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I don't mind exaggeration. But we aren't talking about that. We're talking about outright stupidity shown by a notable vampire character, not some side-quest NPC (and there are cases, where such exaggeration I not only don't mind, but quite like. Such as Mr. Ox).
Could it be the poor French is an attempt to impart that his backstory is fake? Kinda like the fact that he says he was a lieutenant in Napoleon's army - which sounds like it was, but it was not a position of nobility. After the French Revolution, most junior officers were made up of former sergeants, who were middle or lower class. But not aristocrats. I'll find a link or such on this. He's trying to sound like some leader from nobility, but doesn't even understand that he's not.

He says he was an officer without specifying his rank.

Xelocix

Learned
what a communist dictatorship has the EU become
A weak and pathetic one.

The EU isn't weak and pathetic, they've been very successful in their quest to destroy Europe for decades now. They're evil as fuck but they effectively control almost all of Europe with an iron fist and will continue to do so for years to come.

:prosper:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Bulgaria is one of my favorite states in Victoria 2 when I play Ottomans. Infinite source of wheat which I turn into beer

absolutelyharam.png
absolutelyharam.png
absolutelyharam.png
absolutelyharam.png
absolutelyharam.png

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
You know, you are right about the rank. But I believe the premise still holds.

The French Revolution created many social changes within the army. The title and birth right of nobility was forbidden by the National Assembly. The officer corps thoughout Europe primarily consisted of nobles or men who had attained noble stature or station (Elting, 1988). The reorganization of the officer corps within France had actually assisted up and coming officers such as Napoleon." - cite

Unfortunately, I can't find my main citation, but I'm by no means a history buff. Just remember reading that most generals and officers prior to the French Revolution were aristocracy, but post Revolution were made of rapidly promoted sergeants and their ilk. There are probably better read folks on here who could confirm or shred this.

Semiurge

Cipher
The Bloodlines 2 model has a substantially broader face, wider nose bridge, stronger jawline, and sunken eyes. While Damsel in the original was relatively low resolution, she was at least feminine. Even disregarding looks, Damsel has no appeal at all. Just a typical commie idiot. Half-cocked ideas and ruled by emotions and false piety. The concept of anarchs in vampire society is a dumb as a faction gets anyway. Childish egalitarians in a system where (super)natural inequality could not be more obvious. I'd bet a bottle of patchouli she's just pissed that she wasn't sired by a ventrue.

jP47AjH.jpg

Dam from this pre-rendered video or concept art looks fine. Either way, you can't claim that they made every female look offensively ugly.

i3Xeg2d.jpg

That pianist(?) knows what I'm talking about.

The benefits do not outweigh the negatives though. I doubt that you'd unironically want to be a Malkavian if you were thrust into the setting and had to pick a clan to be embraced by.

I doubt many could claim they had a choice, excluding members of Ventrue, Giovanni and Tremere perhaps. But least of all members of clan Malkavian, it would make sense if Malkavians were naturally drawn to the already unstable types, with predictable consequences.

But what if the aim of the method is madness itself?

If Malkavian insight provides accurate, albeit covert, information of reality, then Malks would be closer to reality than other clans. You could even say that they are sane, and member of other clans are the lunatics.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
You know, you are right about the rank. But I believe the premise still holds.

The French Revolution created many social changes within the army. The title and birth right of nobility was forbidden by the National Assembly. The officer corps thoughout Europe primarily consisted of nobles or men who had attained noble stature or station (Elting, 1988). The reorganization of the officer corps within France had actually assisted up and coming officers such as Napoleon." - cite

Unfortunately, I can't find my main citation, but I'm by no means a history buff. Just remember reading that most generals and officers prior to the French Revolution were aristocracy, but post Revolution were made of rapidly promoted sergeants and their ilk. There are probably better read folks on here who could confirm or shred this.

Well, he never even claimed to be noble. His Sire was. Still, the story and the accent *could* have been false. Or maybe he just decided he *likes* the English accent. Weirder things have happened in WoD.

Trithne

Erudite

jungl

Augur
all these wotd games suck ass. Werewolf one just released was complete dog shit like who the hell wants to play as a goody 2 shoes werewolf? Have these morons missed the past 100 years of horror fiction? Its either evil psychopath werewolf or nothing.

And bloodlines setting sucks dick too I rather see a sequel to redemption or a game where play as methuselah vamp with amnesia

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Few things are more disgusting than finding out a woman has used tinder.
Finding out a woman that uses grinder...

Finding out a woman uses nigger...

Now the champions of social justice eat themselves:

https://twitter.com/HardsuitLabs/status/1368956587432284167

Scroll down through replies until Anna Webster (ex-Hardsuit) decides to lecture her former company.

Additional: Oh, one of the fired ex-producers also weighed in. Real family, this.

European honey bee drone self-identifies as queen; Portland riots erupt in defense of beesexuality

Eli_Havelock

Learned

Scroll down through replies until Anna Webster (ex-Hardsuit) decides to lecture her former company.

Additional: Oh, one of the fired ex-producers also weighed in. Real family, this.

I suspect that we are simply seeing what played out every day in HSL's daily standups.

Its like a bunch of fundamentalists who make up their holy scripture as they go along. Gotta keep up with the fad dogma of what you are supposed to chant or you get canceled on a cross by the career special victims acting as clergy!

Even something meant to be supporting is declared "Hate" and "Violence" by the nutters because you used the wrong terminology for their mythology.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Could it be the poor French is an attempt to impart that his backstory is fake? Kinda like the fact that he says he was a lieutenant in Napoleon's army - which sounds like it was, but it was not a position of nobility. After the French Revolution, most junior officers were made up of former sergeants, who were middle or lower class. But not aristocrats. I'll find a link or such on this. He's trying to sound like some leader from nobility, but doesn't even understand that he's not.
He said he graduated from the royal military academy (École Royale Militaire?) and joined Napoleon's army. After Waterloo he was embraced by a Belgian noble. It doesn't say straight if he was a noble or just rich enough to be allowed into the academy and I can't find anything more on him from his lines (source).

But you are correct about how the organization of the French army changed after the Revolution (and with Napoleon). In fact, it was possible for a commoner to become a high ranking officer and then be granted noble title, because your capability as a soldier was more important than your social background. This was the case for many of the Napoleon's Marshals.

No more clubbing due to 'rona measures.
Not officially, but there in an underground clubbing. You just need to know someone who is on the inside to get on a private list of guests. I heard the places are packed full.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

The only thing they hate more than people with different opinions is other SJWs.

I swear if there were only two social justice types left on the world, inevitably a fight to the death would ensue.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom