Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's talk about Lacrymas' homebrew fantasy setting where paladins are eunuchs

Larianshill

Arbiter
Divine magic concentrates power in the hands of divine casters the same way in an otherwise magicless world. And please do not attempt to drive me through a circular argument, I am far more autistic than you are.

There is not a single reason - other than outright divine intervention - for why clerics are inherently more accountable than wizards. Any tradition that could arise against cleric magic could also arise against arcane magic.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Any tradition that could arise against cleric magic could also arise against arcane magic.
Yes, it can, but you see the resistance to it. That's why I incise the temptation to resist by removing any traces of arcane magic. And the setting feels quite different with no arcane magic in it. Like I said in the beginning, arcane magic must be heavily regulated in order to not be a problem lore-wise.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
OK, guys, take a look at my homebrew D&D setting. It has some significant changes to any other D&D settings.

No niggers in my setting.

That's all, actually. What are your thoughts, guys?
In Varg's setting black people got a malus to int and a bonus to spear throwing. I think you can do a bit better.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
In Varg's setting black people got a malus to int and a bonus to spear throwing. I think you can do a bit better.
145301714721417203.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Looking at olympic medalists? Yes.
And this somehow has lead to political institutions that put black sprinters with olympic medals at the top of influence? Don't pretend in-born magical power that can alter reality is the same as running fast.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
And this somehow has lead to political institutions that put black sprinters with olympic medals at the top of influence? Don't pretend in-born magical power that can alter reality is the same as running fast.

Glad you accept that reality is inherently fascist m'xir.

Firstly, you will also notice that there are no political institutions that put geniuses at the top of influence. Or gifted hackers who, in this day and age, hold as much power as DnD wizards.

Secondly, you should be well aware that only sorcerers have in-born powers in DnD. Wizards educate xirselves, and warlocks bargain with dark powers.

Lacrymas

Arcane

Firstly, you will also notice that there are no political institutions that put geniuses at the top of influence. Or gifted hackers who, in this day and age, hold as much power as DnD wizards.

Secondly, you should be well aware that only sorcerers have in-born powers in DnD. Wizards educate xirselves, and warlocks bargain with dark powers.
Nothing of what you are saying is connected to what I said, though? Or logically follows from anything I've ever said. I don't want this thread to turn into another fascism discussion.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Nothing of what you are saying is connected to what I said, though? Or logically follows from anything I've ever said.

Ok, let's try with a quest compass:
In the real world individuals with breathtaking talent (likely of fascist origins, but that is besides the point) can hack the world to pieces better than a nuke.
How is it that those individuals, despite their power, have not formed a hackerocratic totalitarian dictatorship?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Like I said, because arcane spellcasters create food and water. That inevitably concentrates power and nobody else can take that away from them. Which inevitably leads to a static setting and a tyranny which can't be toppled.
Create Food and Water
Lvl 3 Clr

You are on some strong illegal narcotics. Please get help.
I have disallowed this spell. Even if I hadn't, they aren't the only ones who can create food and water. His hypothetical setting has infertile lands and only arcane magic can create food and water. I kinda suspect people aren't following the conversation from the beginning. The food and water thing was a reply to a specific question about a specific setting he made up.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Cael

Arcane
Like I said, because arcane spellcasters create food and water. That inevitably concentrates power and nobody else can take that away from them. Which inevitably leads to a static setting and a tyranny which can't be toppled.
Create Food and Water
Lvl 3 Clr

I have disallowed this spell. Even if I hadn't, they aren't the only ones who can create food and water. His hypothetical setting has infertile lands and only arcane magic can create food and water.
You change the spell which ONLY Clerics can cast, gave it to arcane casters, then rail against arcane casters for a spell you assigned them.

As I said before, you are on strong, illegal narcotics. Get help.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Create Food and Water
Lvl 3 Clr

I have disallowed this spell. Even if I hadn't, they aren't the only ones who can create food and water. His hypothetical setting has infertile lands and only arcane magic can create food and water.
You change the spell which ONLY Clerics can cast, gave it to arcane casters, then rail against arcane casters for a spell you assigned them.

Are you even following the conversation? It has nothing to do with what you are saying.

Cael

Arcane
Create Food and Water
Lvl 3 Clr

Are you even following the conversation? It has nothing to do with what you are saying.
The central plank of your hate for arcane casters is that they control the ability to create food and water in a world where food and water is scarce. That inevitably gives them disproportionate power over everyone else and therefore is fascist. So, you banned them.

However, arcane casters never could create food and water in the first place. That has always been a clerical ability.

In order for arcane casters to create food and water, you would need to have given it to them in the first place. Therefore, you gave them an ability and then hated them for it and declared them null and void in your setting because it won't make sense to allow them there. You deliberately created a situation to justify your own pet hate for something and cancelled them for it.

You are therefore, either delusional or a fucking sjw fuckhead cunt. I am giving you the benefit of a doubt and assuming you are drugged up to the gills and delusional. Are you saying I am mistaken?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom