Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Wrath has only a fraction of the classes working right? As in you can pick anything but like a quarter of it doesn't work

Shadenuat

Arcane
If you use the mod to level and test some mythics, and if you always carefully read combat log, it's way more than just a quarter.

Maybe if game would be just 5 chapters it won't burn on release, if 6 idk.

TigerKnee

Arcane
I've played a couple of Cavaliers since someone was asking for opinion, but it's pretty buggy at the moment - I permanently lost access to mounting at some point.

Originally I created a Mounted Charge build but most of WoTR seem to take place in very enclosed spaces, so it doesn't work out as good as I think it would.

It is a Full BAB class with a Druid Animal Companion (likely unintentional) at the moment, so a Cavalier merc might be good for early game

Shadenuat

Arcane
eh, imagine if bosses said something unique if they get oneshot with Dismissal/Banishment. won't even require changing the plot, because demoness runs away anyway, so instead of long dialogue she could have just "what the f--!!@" and then only bedazzled dwarf and his companion are left.
it also shouldn't work in Chapter 4, well not on anything anyway?

well, they do not get one-shot because they are "immune" to instant death and also immune to level drain/enervate (similar to some BG NPCs?). instant death spell removes their hp, but defeat script does not proc unless you land 1 more hit on them to activate defeated dialogue. this seems to be common theme with bosses-NPCs who have to later run away and have dialogue with you.

also Dispel Feats do not work, they don't force fortitude check.

well, it's a Will-based spell so another reason to not throw away +1 to will spells staff and something to look up if you do dare try all that abjuration thing. demon will saves can be p high tho.

Last edited:

archaen

Cipher
Patron
hve seen comments that warpriests are not good.
why?
If you thought playing a magus was micro intensive, then we got a surprise for you. Their gimic is using swift actions to stack bonuses and daily allowance of minute per level armor and weapon buffs. You can see why that may be ok for 4 encounter per day table top but not so hot for 20 encounter mega maps like Ivory Sanctum, marketplace, or Drezen. They also have no skill points. Playing an Inquisitor is a much better experience and fills the same niche.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That wasn't a compliment or real gratitude btw.
People who buy into early access shit to do the devs job for them are ultimate cucks.
When an RPG will make the same amount of money as Clash of Clans, I'll feel guilty for playing ~40h for a Russian-made spreadsheet simulator. Until then and as far as they're literally begging for money on crowdfunding sites to work their asses off to give me a better experience, I'll invest both my money and time in them.

Just like your woman's free to have a boyfriend, mine is too.

Delterius

Arcane
Tricksters
have an ability called Sneaky Quack. Meaning that they can catch their allies unawares and heal vital points for massive heals, ie they add sneak attack die to healing spells.

How can others even compete?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
eh, imagine if bosses said something unique if they get oneshot with Dismissal/Banishment. won't even require changing the plot, because demoness runs away anyway, so instead of long dialogue she could have just "what the f--!!@" and then only bedazzled dwarf and his companion are left.
it also shouldn't work in Chapter 4, well not on anything anyway?

well, they do not get one-shot because they are "immune" to instant death and also immune to level drain/enervate (similar to some BG NPCs?). instant death spell removes their hp, but defeat script does not proc unless you land 1 more hit on them to activate defeated dialogue. this seems to be common theme with bosses-NPCs who have to later run away and have dialogue with you.

also Dispel Feats do not work, they don't force fortitude check.

well, it's a Will-based spell so another reason to not throw away +1 to will spells staff and something to look up if you do dare try all that abjuration thing. demon will saves can be p high tho.

She crit missed the proc from Hosilla’s Glaive on Hard against my depleted, drained, and corrupted team last time which was cool.

Desiderius

Patron
Base Warpriest is superfluous and boring but you can’t really call it bad. 6 bonus Feats and Martial Proficiency along with six levels of Divine spells lets you replace a Cleric with something meatier in a way Inquisitor can’t really do without Archon’s, Martial, and Channeling.

Belatedly figuring out the value of the Grace spell has given me a new appreciation for situational Swift actions and some of the other stuff let’s you spike for bosses but isn’t really the meat of the class. There’s probably something there with the growing dice too.

The archetypes have some interesting twists that may or may not be especially good in this setting.

Desiderius

Patron
I've played a couple of Cavaliers since someone was asking for opinion, but it's pretty buggy at the moment - I permanently lost access to mounting at some point.

Originally I created a Mounted Charge build but most of WoTR seem to take place in very enclosed spaces, so it doesn't work out as good as I think it would.

It is a Full BAB class with a Druid Animal Companion (likely unintentional) at the moment, so a Cavalier merc might be good for early game

Mounting is better in tight spaces than trying to fit both you and your pet in there. That’s what it’s for. With all the Feats protecting your mount I’m assuming Mount plays D while you play O, at least in melee. Good way to get Full Attax in without having to move yourself as well.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
So at full release, will base cavalier keep having a duird companion or will they change them to just a horse?

Desiderius

Patron
You’ll have a choice, likely including dinosaur.

Efe

Erudite
If they had that then what would beast rider archetype do?
They will probably have horse only.

Desiderius

Patron
I’m almost sure Wolf will also be generally available since it’s been bugged specifically. Beast Rider is for Exotics like Manticores and shit.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Mounting is better in tight spaces than trying to fit both you and your pet in there. That’s what it’s for. With all the Feats protecting your mount I’m assuming Mount plays D while you play O, at least in melee. Good way to get Full Attax in without having to move yourself as well.
I was speaking specifically about Charging as a combat strategy - mounting itself is good for the reasons you mentioned though bugs means I can't really speak definitively on it.

I'm almost certain Mounts actually also attack even when you're mounted on it, which means unless you need two bodies to form a frontline you should almost always mount up given how many tight spaces there are in the game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom