Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

^One of those rare times when a remix is better than the original for me.

^Never played any of these games, but the soundtracks are mostly great.

^The rest of the soundtrack was disappointing, but fml, this is one beautiful ass track.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Off the top of my head, top 5 best songs from Guild Wars. This is some peak Jeremy Soule. If you're a fan of his, you have to listen to the Guild Wars soundtrack. Rivals Oblivion's and Skyrim's. I think it edges out both of them since it's quality from top down. That Temple of Tolerance song is one of my all time favorites, though.

I've never played GW: 2, but I did hear "The Great Wall has Fallen," and it's another great track. From what I was hearing, he reuses a lot of the same melodies from the original, and I didn't like any of the vocal tracks. IDK, I was disappointed in what I did hear of GW: 2. I might give it a re-listen, at some point, though.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I forgot how good the Power Rangers SNES soundtrack was. Used to play the shit out of this game as a kid. I was into Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles.

That City part was my favorite level because of the theme.

Separation Anxiety wasn't that good, and FML, it was a fucking hard ass game. Every time I used to load up the game on the SNES the theme song would make me want to play it even though I fucking hated that game.

Best part is at 3:04. Loved this game as a kid, but I never was able to fully beat any of these beat em' ups. They were far too hard.

Best theme from Battletoads and Double Dragon. Another beat em' up that I could never fucking beat. Those Battletoads games were fucking hard as hell. I'm pretty sure when my brother and I played this game together I died right after this level on the space ship part or the part where you have to descend down that tunnel on that string. My brother ended up dying a little further after that part. Great game, but I never could get the hang of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom