Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh 2

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Christ, in the 3rd region now with my kusa build and I've found maybe 10 kusa revenants across the entire game so far. Thinking about respeccing coz everyone and their grandma are running with switchglaives or odachis.

Yeah I know about Kodama collecting, played 100+ hours of N1, but didn't know about the Bazaar.

Also I'm reluctant to sacrifice muh items since I know from the previous game you gotta start building your mat stash for WotS preferably from the get go. On further NGs you run out of them super fast. But I guess I can part with a few.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Also I'm reluctant to sacrifice muh items since I know from the previous game you gotta start building your mat stash for WotS preferably from the get go. On further NGs you run out of them super fast. But I guess I can part with a few.
Nigga, just burn them all. You will do it by hundreds after each mission.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Reinhardt hey, I'm finally trying fists for the first time. I've been reluctant to do it since I really dislike Strength as a stat in this game. Am I doing this right? :smug:

R0zE0d0.png

Reinhardt

Arcane
NO! You need heavier armor so your agility is never in the green and you will never have enough ki! And 100 strength. At least.
Oh, and remove helmet in the options!
This is the way of the fist.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Fuck, I just hoped to trigger you with the Strength 10.

One great thing about fists is that the high stance moveset is as quick as any other weapon's mid-stance one, so you can use that and gain Tengen Kujaku's attack bonus in any situation. The high stance strong attack might easily be my favorite standard attack in the entire game, and high stance strong attack -> Battering Ram -> (snek boy yokai skill) -> Beyond Infinity (or Limitless) might be my favorite combo.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Guys i'm starting to get disappointed by the game. I just finished third region and all bosses beside enenra, snake and toshimitsu ( the hardest) were a joke so far, especially the humanoid ones. I bought the game for the challenge and it is deeply lacking so far. I heard you guys dlc are harder and from third difficulty onward the game becomes pretty tough, but in a souls game even ng should be never this easy.
just my toughts

cruel

Cipher
Two hardest bosses are still before you. DLCs has some hard ones as well, I struggled with the final one of DLC1 a lot.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Hyperion

Arcane
Tengen Kujaku's attack bonus in any situation
It was nerfed, and Attack Buffs no longer stack save a few exceptions. There are tons of better attack bonuses to use and as such, better Spirits. Ho-Oh is top tier with 26 Attunement and Godlike bonuses that supplement a Purity build. And really, if you aren't using Purity or Corruption you're probably doing it wrong.

Strength by itself is probably the worst stat in the game and Fists are Ki Hogs but don't really scale well with the Ki Stats. When you get to DotW and unlock Ultimate Stats, Strength is saved. Better block, the Purity weapon bonus of Ki on Block, 20% more ki damage. Even then, Courage is still better to cap first for the Ki Regen and Ult Courage gives ~20% ki regen, and reduced effectiveness of ki draining statuses including Dark and Yokai Realm. Fortunately Transform > [Stat] is a thing.

Ult Cou + Ult Str are p essential for any build that doesn't revolve around Feather or Onmyo Spam. Ult Con is a cool 3rd if you're tanky and can take hits without dropping below 70% Life.

Oh, and Claws are always better than Fists for the 20% slashing damage bonus + access to Tiger Claws skill.

Edit: Heavy Armor > everything else. Accept it and embrace the chonk.

Suicidal

Arcane
After first trying every boss in the first DLC, the second DLC first boss was a nice surprise. Struggled a bit on her. Really cool fight too, reminded me of Vergil from DMC. A shame that the game ends the fight at like 30% boss HP, but I'd imagine there's gonna be a rematch side mission later. Also it's cool that I'm half way through the second DLC out of 3 and I've already seen more new enemies and new variations of old enemies than in the entirety of Nioh 1 DLCs.

Suicidal

Arcane
Guys i'm starting to get disappointed by the game. I just finished third region and all bosses beside enenra, snake and toshimitsu ( the hardest) were a joke so far, especially the humanoid ones. I bought the game for the challenge and it is deeply lacking so far. I heard you guys dlc are harder and from third difficulty onward the game becomes pretty tough, but in a souls game even ng should be never this easy.
just my toughts

As much as I love this game, I agree that it's a bit on the easy side. I wish it was harder. Nioh games were never about difficulty tbh. I don't know where this meme that they're super hard games, harder than Dark Souls, comes from, but they're really not. They start off hard when you're still getting used to the mechanics and the combat system, but after you get accustomed to it and start using all the different tools the game turns from Dark Souls into Devil May Cry, where you just start wiping the floor with all opposition while chaining endless combos.

Also, because the game is also a Diablo-like, it's very easy to break it, often unintentionally, by coming across broken abilities or item effects and etc. For example, in the mid game I acquired my first holy weapon and the status effect it applies made fighting the demon enemies and bosses way too easy cause I would completely drain their stamina in like 2 combos, so after a while I decided not to use holy weapons, at least until NG+.

Nioh 1 was the same for me. I forced myself not to use different stuff like magic, spirit weapons and etc. and the game was still pretty easy outside of a few difficulty spike bosses.

The only exception to this is the Nioh 1 DLC, which were the hardest content I've ever experienced in an action game like this, where almost every boss took me at least a few hours to beat. But this was mostly because they weren't properly balanced - when the DLCs came out, the devs assumed everyone who's gonna play them will already be several NG+ cycles in, so they balanced them for those players, so for me, who had just finished the story campaign on normal, the DLCs were one shot city - most things killed me in 1-2 hits. Many of the bosses had attacks that killed me in 1 hit, often with little to no windup time. I'm sure that if I had better stats, the DLCs would not have been nearly as hard.

Nioh 2 DLCs are actually balanced for normal difficulty, so I wouldn't say they're much harder than the base game.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
It was nerfed, and Attack Buffs no longer stack save a few exceptions. There are tons of better attack bonuses to use and as such, better Spirits. Ho-Oh is top tier with 26 Attunement and Godlike bonuses that supplement a Purity build. And really, if you aren't using Purity or Corruption you're probably doing it wrong.
Nerfed or not, it's still a noticeable buff. I'm not using power pills or carnage, my only other attack buff is the one from the high stance purification, and that can't be online 100% of the time. I love Ho-oh, but with fists I found myself relying more on Corruption, so I'm using Baku. Usually I apply poison before corruption, so I start with Tengen and then switch to Baku to use his guardian spirit skill.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Btw can you get Nyotengu kimono for yourself or only transformation?
you can't even get Mumyo, Okuni or Fuku's outfits despite them being regular humanoids with the same animation set as a player character, so I doubt you can get an outfit from yokai.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
you can't even get Mumyo, Okuni or Fuku's outfits despite them being regular humanoids with the same animation set as a player character, so I doubt you can get an outfit from yokai.

You can buy complete Mumyo and Okuni transformation in the Hidden Teahouse btw.

Wunderbar

Arcane
You can buy complete Mumyo and Okuni transformation in the Hidden Teahouse btw.
but that's not the same as acquiring their outfits.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I respecced into Axe and having a lot of fun beast-moding everything. Problem is my kusa worked in 100% of situations. The axe is unviable against quick bosses (or I just can't make it work). Both Azai and Saika pushed my shit so hard, until I respecced back to kusa.

The axe is way too slow in high/mid stance and does microscopic damage in low. I thought maybe the dodge-parry could work but you don't get that until after Saika.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I played the entirety of Nioh 1 with kusa and loved it. A fun, versatile and easy to use weapon.
I like tonfas on my current playthrough, but every now and then i'm struggling with an urge to respec back into kusa.

Last edited:

Deflowerer

Arcane
So I respecced into Axe and having a lot of fun beast-moding everything. Problem is my kusa worked in 100% of situations. The axe is unviable against quick bosses (or I just can't make it work). Both Azai and Saika pushed my shit so hard, until I respecced back to kusa.

The axe is way too slow in high/mid stance and does microscopic damage in low. I thought maybe the dodge-parry could work but you don't get that until after Saika.

Not sure about Nioh 2, but in Nioh 1 you could cheese most humanoids with Roar skill.

Reinhardt

Arcane
NO! Fuck it.
Best mission is first one. You can still drown there too but you must try really hard to do it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
As I see it most missions are better than N1. TJ ramped up the level design something fierce. They're not FromSoft so sometimes the end result is just confusion and irritation instead of awe but you can see they were trying their absolute best.

Not sure about Nioh 2, but in Nioh 1 you could cheese most humanoids with Roar skill.

I'm cheesing humanoids with the Tri-Spark (Axe mid-stance tree hit combo), it has amazing stagger, I beat Saito and Nobunaga that way, but it's useless against Magoichi and his stupid flying around (plus from meelee he hits harder than Saito and Nobunaga combined, if he hits you he kills you).

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The only human boss I said "fuck it, I'm too old for this shit" and went onto the last DLC is Ren Hayabusa.
Seriously, fuck that guy.
But I know I'll come back to him after finishing the First Samurai :dealwithit:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom